bfloydo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I honestly look at my country(USA) and have to say I feel we are on a one way train wreck to hell. I cannot see anything improving for our future generations(our own children, grandchildren ect.) this grieves my soul, as I grew up in a time of hope and neighbors who looked after(and disciplined) all children. Now we live in fear of Lawsuits for just about anything.Our leadership and direction is controlled mostly by Lawyers and full time Politicians.  Lawyers make up the Judicial branch, Currently a lawyer runs the executive, and by far our senate, house and their staff is comprised of lawyers. These two groups rank right up there with used car salesmen for honesty and integrity. If we don't like or trust our government why should the rest of the world? These two groups seem hell bent on purging God, his commandments, morality, words, and works from existence. Lawyers seem to think their work = Truth is for sell--> get away with murder if ya have the $$$   -- Politicians divide us by convincing many the greatest of enemies and problems are _> the opposing party... herding us around like lost sheep and diverting attention from important issues.

I am not judging individuals here ... just saying I feel as though the USA has been hi-jacked by a bunch of greedy tyrants that over the years have corrupted us beyond repair. God alone can free us ... and I pray earnestly for the second coming.                                                                                           Perhaps this is one reason Jesus said " Woe to the Lawyers " .  If nothing else I can hope other nations will learn from our certain downfall ...

Would like your opinions

I can remember being in Alaska when I was a boy.(My dad was in the Airforce) Before school everyday, someone would come over the intercom and say the pledge and a prayer. You don't get that today. God has been removed from the Schools and he is slowly being removed from other parts of everyday life. The US Military is now not wanting Christians to not share their faith. God is not wanted by part of the people in this country and the ones that do want God in this country need to start making some noise about it.

not so in our elementary schools  they do the flag solute every morning and pause for a minute to let the kids pray.  we don't let the teachers pray which is not a bad thing.  i'd have to check to see if the high school does the same

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to all!

I must whole heartedly agree with Zion,Fresno Joe and Fez......bottom line is the god of this world that is at work today and has been all along ....God has told us that we are to pray for our leaders and authorities,let us pray for our Nation and call upon our God Almighty & make intercession that all men would invite Jesus into their hearts as Lord & Savior of their lifes....let every American knee bend down & worship our King of Kings,the Great I Am....pour out Your Spirit upon our land & soften those hardened hearts as only you can do,Lord...in Jesus Name & God Bless America.....remember God asking for just one person to stand in the gap for Israel & He would spare them His Wrath(not one would).......

Sound like a tall order?Is anything too hard for God?Nothing is impossible for Father.........God has spoken & He is Faithful.....Call on Me....I will be their God & they will be My people......Jer 32:38 ,Ezek 37:15-28        Praise & Glory to God

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

It is crazy what the world has come to!!! :( Schools stopped prayer in school, Military isn't letting Christian sharing their faith!!!

I think that School should do Prayer in School, because it would be a great way to start the school day!!! :) A little prayer!!

And military should allow Christian to Share their Faith as it is Freedom of Speech and we can lead those who need God to him and have them accept Jesus as Lord and Savior so that they can be Forgiven of their sins!!!! :)

God bless you all!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

This country as well as the rest of the world are becoming more wicked by the day.  But there is one thing that no one can take from us.  Our faith.  In a world of chaos and evil we can still be truly happy.  We are in good hands. 

It is crazy what the world has come to!!! :( Schools stopped prayer in school, Military isn't letting Christian sharing their faith!!!

I think that School should do Prayer in School, because it would be a great way to start the school day!!! :) A little prayer!!

And military should allow Christian to Share their Faith as it is Freedom of Speech and we can lead those who need God to him and have them accept Jesus as Lord and Savior so that they can be Forgiven of their sins!!!! :)

God bless you all!

Well, we haven't stopped prayer in schools here in Oklahoma....    however we did tell the teachers they can't lead prayers.....   too many different kinds of prayers can come from that.    But students pray as long as they are not interrupting learning in the classroom.   It is actually against State Law for anyone to stop a student from praying as long as they are not interrupting the education process.

We start the day with the pledge  (with God) though we don't actually force students to participate but the pledge is recited and there is a 60 second period of time for the students to pray if they so choose.

I might add that we don't force anyone to do the pledge for there are some groups like Jehovah Witnesses that believe Jesus was serious about not making  oaths.  Each to his/her own though.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Dear other one!!! That is good!! :) We don't do a pledge or anything in our school, but if we need to pray about something, we don't tell anyone, we just do it very quietly or we just go in the bathroom and do it, as that is what I do!!!

God bless you!! :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

WillowWood...I agree with you wholeheartedly.  The US needs to be a non-player in order for Israel to be on her own.  I too do not desire this country to be subjected to a completely decayed existence.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The United States as Israel's oldest and strongest defender has to be weakened both economically and militarily. The U.S. can still recover and get back on the right moral track, but needs to be seriously disempowered first. This is what is happening now. Evil is being allowed to control the nation for a temporary period, but I'm still confident that Americans will eventually take their country back, but only at the expense of never again having that World status that she once had!

Take heart. The U.S.A. is not finished yet but expect an economic and moral war that will result in a serious downsizing on the World stage.

I believe we will be diminished but don't ever count us out.  We're stronger than many believe, including many right here on this soil.  I for one won't be heartbroken when other countries have to step up.   I'm tired of my country being the world's policeman and fighting other people's wars.  It's not like we have earned any gratitude for it anyway.  It's inevitable, God will arrange things as He wants them, and we just have to trust Him. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

God is in control.He has perfect timing.I will stick with that.

Dear other one!!! That is good!! :) We don't do a pledge or anything in our school, but if we need to pray about something, we don't tell anyone, we just do it very quietly or we just go in the bathroom and do it, as that is what I do!!!

God bless you!! :)

i have witnessed a room of 20 kindergarten kids in my wife's classroom join hands and speak to God as though they were holding his hands right along with them asking for help for someone who needed it......    the simple open faith and boldness would put most churches I've attended to shame.  Makes one emotional just to remember it.   What made it the best was that my wife had nothing whatsoever to do with it other than agreeing to stop what they were doing and letting them have time with God........    didn't try to guide them or ever show them how.....  just say OK and got out of the way.

Gave me a better understanding of what Jesus meant when he said that we must come to Them as little children.    To these kids, God wasn't just off somewhere listening, he was there among them holding their hands....   you could feel it in the room....