IGNORED

the caos of luke

actor

Guest shiloh357

There is a new series coming out, wherein so called experts decry any truth about the Bible....apparently none of the gospel writers knew Jesus,

Mary was not a virgin etc.

Perhaps this series does or perhaps it does not have any bearing on this op.

At any rate, definately 'sounds' off base to me.

To be fair, it would also seem that English is not the first language of the op.  

Yes, you are talking about the new series on the History Channel.  It is completely slanted and offers no opposing postions to people like Bart Ehrmann.

The History Channel of late, besides being completely taken over by nonhistorical red-neck shows, has a definite humanistic slant in almost all of its programming.   It used to be a reputable channel where one could learn about real history.  Between the whole Ancient Alien series to their years-long obession with Nostradamus just prior to Dec. 21, 2012, and their constant reivisionist history where the Bible is concerned, I don't think they could come out with a legitimate historical show that I could trust as being accurate at all.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings  actor,

Welcome to Worthy & God bless you..............what is the meaning or your intention with all the references to "actors"?

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Dear, the 12 apostles were actors that were with their master, but Luke was not an actor and knew none of them;

so, my nick name is to call the attention about the above

The actor John affirmed

21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

Why do you call them, "actors?"

How do you know that Luke did not know the apostles?

Actors because they acted with their master, 

John 13:18  I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.

Matthew 13:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

Matthew 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

If the writer of 'Luke' had knew the actor John, for instance, John would had told him

20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

They did not way 50 days and 50 night to receive the holy ghost, but the actor said that thet received it that same first day; then following tale was not from one the actors

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

There is a new series coming out, wherein so called experts decry any truth about the Bible....apparently none of the gospel writers knew Jesus,

Mary was not a virgin etc.

Perhaps this series does or perhaps it does not have any bearing on this op.

At any rate, definately 'sounds' off base to me.

To be fair, it would also seem that English is not the first language of the op.  

Yes, you are talking about the new series on the History Channel.  It is completely slanted and offers no opposing postions to people like Bart Ehrmann.

The History Channel of late, besides being completely taken over by nonhistorical red-neck shows, has a definite humanistic slant in almost all of its programming.   It used to be a reputable channel where one could learn about real history.  Between the whole Ancient Alien series to their years-long obession with Nostradamus just prior to Dec. 21, 2012, and their constant reivisionist history where the Bible is concerned, I don't think they could come out with a legitimate historical show that I could trust as being accurate at all.

Yes...that's the one.  I've seen what you state...you might say, I think, a line has been drawn and things are becoming more obvious.  As much as I dislike the lies and exaggeration, I sometimes watch 

just to know what is being said.  It's upsetting...but it is what is being presented, watched and believed by many.  Methodically and puposefully presented.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,121
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Many readers of the bible don't pay attention to the writer of 'Luke':

1.- The writer never said that he was Luke

2.- the writer did not write to the church

3.- the will of the writer was a private writing a personal friend of his

3.- the writer was not an actor

The reason for composing his own investigation was that was a chaos of many narrations; he did not the actors and actions of them

I'm really trying to understand where you're going with this.     I think I'm not understanding your use of the word Actor.  To most people I think we refer to actors as people who are pretending to be someone else in a play or a movie.....  I'm really struggling to understand.

i understand that the book we call Luke was written to a friend and not to a church.....   I'm struggling to understand why this is a problem.

Could it be that you are using the word "actor" to mean an actual participant in Jesus life???

I think using that word is such a distraction that I can't wrap my mind around  what you are saying.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Dear actor,

I am still confused as to why you are referring to the 12 as "actors",as other one has suggested ,perhaps it is your way of elaborating on the fact that they actively participated & acted in behalf of Christ? Not meaning to sound condescending but is English your first language?Can it be that what we commonly hold to define the word "actor" differs from your definition?

Perhaps,if you can tell us what an actor  means to you so we can all better understand what you are  saying,as Brother Paul has also asked the same question before me......

With love,in Christ-Kwik

duh

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Blessings  actor,

Welcome to Worthy & God bless you..............what is the meaning or your intention with all the references to "actors"?

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Dear, the 12 apostles were actors that were with their master, but Luke was not an actor and knew none of them;

so, my nick name is to call the attention about the above

The actor John affirmed

21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

The apostles were fisherman and one was a tax man. None of them were actors. 

In the new testament, there are references to luke as being with the apostles. 

The actor thing sounds like man made doctrine.

Sorry dude, I was just acting...!

Brother Paul

This is a new one for me.....act III?

bow gracefully but cancel the encore

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Um...

Doctor Luke was the companion of the Apostle Paul during at least some of his missionary journeys. It is quite possible that he also wrote for Paul when his eye disease prevented him from doing so for himself. The Greek texts reflect an educated person wrote in all the texts attributed to Paul. As a physician Luke would be well educated and familiar with the Greek grammar and syntax etc. Paul as the rising star in Judaism (Saul of Tarsus) may have possessed such knowledge, but most Yeshiva grads were more concerned with Hebrew and Torah, Halacha.. etc. than the international language of commerce (which secular Koine Greek was). 

From the investigatory nature and reporting of findings the books of Luke and Acts read as what a learned colleague would gather together for the Apostle Paul's legal appeal to Caesar. One did not make such an appeal and go willy nilly into the presence of the supreme ruler of the largest empire in the world of that day without some documentation. These read as Paul's trial documents filling in Theophilus (no doubt his legal counsel) on the background for his appeal.