• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/26/1956

How do some of you fast? Have any of you ever done a Daniel Fast or an Esther Fast? How have you done them? What foods/drinks did you include/exclude? For how long (days) did you do them? Thanks!

Tried Daniel Fast before and lasted 21 days.  It's a life changing experience, both physical and spiritual.  I'd do it again in 2015.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lgrace23

Woah

I have a situation I'm battling with, and for the past few days I keep hearing "3 days" in my head... I don't know what it means but I get the sense it has to do with fasting... I have been persevering in prayer, but I'm not sure about fasting... I've never fasted in my entire life!

My husband and I usually fast 3 days when we are seeking favor from The Lord on a particular challenge in life such as getting a job or being successful in school and what not. I don't know where we got it from but we heard fasting 3 days is usually for favor.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Woah

I have a situation I'm battling with, and for the past few days I keep hearing "3 days" in my head... I don't know what it means but I get the sense it has to do with fasting... I have been persevering in prayer, but I'm not sure about fasting... I've never fasted in my entire life!

My husband and I usually fast 3 days when we are seeking favor from The Lord on a particular challenge in life such as getting a job or being successful in school and what not. I don't know where we got it from but we heard fasting 3 days is usually for favor.

It's not scriptural, but fasting can help concentrate your mind (as with Esther). We don't fast for favors or as penance.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

It will be hard to fast and give up something. But it is for the name and cause of Christ people do so. Heart and mind over matter!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

It can be physically dangerous to fast without water, and I was told not to do that. It is even more dangerous to the kidneys to do it in hot weather and most say we can only live 3 days due to dehydration under those conditions. So I would not recommend going without water more than a day. Generally we should not go without food more than 3 weeks. The body starts consuming the muscles for energy. This is why anorexia is so dangerous. I knew a guy who went without food for 3 weeks but ended up in the hospital because his body started surviving on his heart muscle. He nearly died and permanent damage was done to his heart.

Some people only fast from certain kinds of foods or activities, such as not eating meat or from spending time and money on entertainment.

When the disciples were unable to deliver a man who was demon possessed, Jesus said that this kind does not go out but by prayer and fasting.

One guy I know was not happy with his life, the way he treated his family and his attitudes, so he took a week retreat in the mountains camping out in the snow. He fasted, prayed, and read the Bible. But he also had survival training in the millitary and had water available. He did come back changed.