IGNORED

State of Emergency - Snowfall

Guest DRS81

Maybe they would get into trouble, but if they are going to demand it......   let them be responsible for breaking the law.   When the shoe is in their foot, the scheme of things usually change a lot.

Why in the world would bosses or ceo's keep business's open. I don't understand that. Are they just money greedy.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Maybe they would get into trouble, but if they are going to demand it......   let them be responsible for breaking the law.   When the shoe is in their foot, the scheme of things usually change a lot.

Why in the world would bosses or ceo's keep business's open. I don't understand that. Are they just money greedy.

Well, I don't know what business you are in so I would not have any idea.......   I was a director at our local tv station and we had no choice but to have people there for we were an active EBS core station.  As for Xerox, there were days that if the weather had been bad, the Air Force would have sent someone to pick me up....    sometimes it just has to happen no matter what.    as for your case I couldn't know.

Well, I don't know what business you are in so I would not have any idea.......   I was a director at our local tv station and we had no choice but to have people there for we were an active EBS core station.  As for Xerox, there were days that if the weather had been bad, the Air Force would have sent someone to pick me up....    sometimes it just has to happen no matter what.    as for your case I couldn't know.

Working for a tv station is not a job that's approved by the government though, right?

For example, my brother works for a hospital so if a cop pulls him over in a state of emergency,

he would show him his tag or card or whatever and be approved and go on his way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Working for a tv station is not a job that's approved by the government though, right?

For example, my brother works for a hospital so if a cop pulls him over in a state of emergency,

he would show him his tag or card or whatever and be approved and go on his way.

The EBS alert system has changed and what we were responsible for no longer exists, so I would not think so..... 

In the 70's when the Air Force went to DEFCON 4 we were required to have the transmitter on and someone standing by to relay information within 15 seconds of an alert.  

the Xerox thing I signed my life away not to discuss.

In my state, if they call a level 2 or 3, we can't drive.

What if say your work gives you a hard time and says you gotta come in,

what do you say to them..do you say, "sorry, bye bye". :mgcheerful:

I'd be telling them illegal means illegal in the situation you describe, then tell 'em have a nice day. I probably would not be driving anywhere in conditions as bad as you describe. State law or not: If I don't feel I can get there safely, I'm not going. I'd rather be unemployed and alive . . . :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  122
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

What I don't understand is if your state is doing a state of emergency why would your boss even attempt to be out driving. Especially if you can get in trouble for it?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  122
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Now that's messed up!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968

Frankly... my health/family well-being/and sanity are much more important than my job. If I feel that I couldn't make it to work and home again after work safely, then I would just tell my boss I'm not coming in because of it. If it costs my job, so be it... It's not about how safe YOUR vehicle is on the icy roads, but how safe are the vehicles of the OTHER drivers on the road? How many times have you heard about someone being careful while driving when they are plowed into by a careless driver? I have been in a situation where my employer wanted me to come in during a snow storm justifying it by stating that the roads were clear enough to travel now. My response was "Ok.. how safe will travel on the roads be at the end of the shift seeing as how the snow is supposed to continue all day?". He couldn't answer, but finally agreed that our store would remain closed and all staff could stay home.

Now that's messed up!

not really but uh..

is it messed up that a doctor drives in the snow to get to the hospital?

also, if the doctor is out of town and doesn't have a car, I'm the one making the reservation for the doctor so he has a driver driving him to the hospital.