• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

:hmmm: Have you ever wondered  Why God didn't destroy the devil in the first place when He sinned against Him? 

No, the devil will be 'destroyed' when the time is right - until then he merely serves God purposes! 

I think we have all asked ourselves that question.  All I can do is tell you what I believe the reason is.  I believe it is so God can allow good and evil to play out in front of his creation, so we will all see that God's ways are superior to Satan's ways.  In other words, righteousness is better than unrighteousness.  I don't know about anyone else, but I am convinced.  God's ways are best!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

:hmmm: Have you ever wondered  Why God didn't destroy the devil in the first place when He sinned against Him? 

No, the devil will be 'destroyed' when the time is right - until then he merely serves God purposes! 

Are you saying the devil will cease to exist in the future ?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The devil was defeated on the cross, and will cease to exist some day. We are given a choice to serve and love God. To listen to Gods truth, or to serve and love the god of this world. To listen to the father of lies. It's the same choice Adam and Eve had. Some day the lion will lay down with the lamb.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I don't think evil can be destroyed as it is immortal as God is, although I'm sure it was placed on Earth for a good reason, a reason so out of Reach of the comprehension of the human mind that we cannot understand.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I have.

The Devil and fallen angels are, well fallen.

But so are we.

So why didn't he destroy us?  Yes there is universal death and there was the flood....but I mean utterly.

Are they more powerful in their seductions?  I do not believe it.  I do not believe every temptation has a demon behind it.  I will not blame all of my sins on supernatural powers; I own them.....I did them.  I have no excuses.

The question for me is, if the demons are unforgivable, why?  Why is grace and opportunities to repent extended to us  but not to the demons?  Is there something in their ontological makeup that makes "repentance" an impossible act?  Almost a contradiction in terms?

Note, I am not here proposing we pray for demons or entertain the idea of their redemption.  This is purely a theoretical question.  I like to speculate.  I know others do not, but what are forums for....?

clb

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

The devil was defeated on the cross, and will cease to exist some day. We are given a choice to serve and love God. To listen to Gods truth, or to serve and love the god of this world. To listen to the father of lies. It's the same choice Adam and Eve had. Some day the lion will lay down with the lamb.

Coukd you explain the devil will cease to exist someday ? Do you mean burn to a crisp ?

Thanks 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Connor,

You are not alone in wondering why repentance is not an option for the fallen angels ,why God offers them no way to redemption & holds them in unforgiveness..........it can only be because(& the same would be for us)they have committed the unpardonable sin,they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit.We cannot forget that they have seen what we have not,God in His true Nature,,,,Father,Son & Holy Spirit ....they have stood in the very Presence of God,in His Glory and .have outright rejected Him,I can "only imagine" that this is why they cannot be "Saved"

I do hope I gave you something to consider.....when I was a little girl I used to say"Why can I not pray for the devil,would if he is sorry?"I got answers like"He is not sorry",You can't pray for him" & "I don't know"...........that was not very satisfying to a little inquisitive girl,this question stayed in my mind a very long time but I now believe it is resolved

With love in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Izzel, you ask,

"Why did not God destroy the devil ?"

For the following reason.

Why was the devil created ?

What follows will I trust answer the question, and at the same time praise God from whom all blessings flow.

In respect of the devil. I was once asked,

"why was he created?"

My reply was,

I will now try to answer this as follows.

Ask your self the question, "What is it that we all of us want more than anything else?"

Answer:

To be loved for ourselves, for what we are, not for any material advantage that might be gained, is it any surprise that the Lord our God also wants to be loved for Himself, for His nature, His integrity, His personality, His dedication, and so on, but most of all His Love, and not only for the, "material advantages", He provides.

That is why it is written.

Mar 12:28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving[fn4] that He had answered them well, asked Him, "Which is the first commandment of all?"

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Mar 12:30 'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul,

with all your mind, and with all your strength.'[fn5] This is the first commandment.[fn6]

Mar 12:31 "And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'[fn7] There is no other commandment greater than these."

Our Lord Jesus is here quoting Deuteronomy Chapter 6 verses 5, and 6.

Deu 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

Deu 6:5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

Now how can we fallen creatures love Him as He wants to be loved, unless we have a demonstration, a sign, well Jesus said at verse 39 below,

Mat 12:38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."

Mat 12:39 But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

Mat 12:40 "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

The sign to which He referrers is of course His death by crucifixion.

When we know that our Creator God, deliberately caused Himself to be born into the human race, knowing full well in advance just what we would do to Him, and did not use one iota of His limitless power to extricate Himself from the excruciating agony of this horrible death, how can we not love Him for the person that He is.

But this sacrificial death would be meaningless, if there was no need for it, and for this reason there had to be an alternative to God, (The Devil), and we had to become sinners in order to be saved.

Perhaps this explanation will help to answer the question, "Why was the Devil created?".

The Lord bless you, and keep you safe.

Edwin.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Blessings Connor,

You are not alone in wondering why repentance is not an option for the fallen angels ,why God offers them no way to redemption & holds them in unforgiveness..........it can only be because(& the same would be for us)they have committed the unpardonable sin,they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit.We cannot forget that they have seen what we have not,God in His true Nature,,,,Father,Son & Holy Spirit ....they have stood in the very Presence of God,in His Glory and .have outright rejected Him,I can "only imagine" that this is why they cannot be "Saved"

I do hope I gave you something to consider.....when I was a little girl I used to say"Why can I not pray for the devil,would if he is sorry?"I got answers like"He is not sorry",You can't pray for him" & "I don't know"...........that was not very satisfying to a little inquisitive girl,this question stayed in my mind a very long time but I now believe it is resolved

With love in Christ-Kwik

1 Cor 6:2-3

3 Do you not know that we will judge angels ?

NIV