Diatheosis

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

When Adam and Eve saw they were naked, that is the first time they saw self, after separated from the Father, they were never aware of self, flesh. Because with God there is no flesh, no flesh can stand in the presence of God, meaning self. God is selfless,(love = God and love is selfless) there is no self in God. When separated from God, what was there to see?  Their self.  I probably am not expressing this in the right way, but I am trying the best I can.  When I can better speak of this, I will.  Another example is, when Jesus and the disciples were going so that Jesus could raise Lazarus' dead body,(a spirit cannot die) "and nope, we are not a body, we are a spirit living in a body of corruption only for right now, temporary,"  JOHN 11:16 - Thomas said, unto his fellow disciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him(Lazarus) Jesus' is the master(teacher) so what He(Jesus) had said made Thomas reply to this in the only way he knew of, death(body wise), Jesus had said something about our death, but He was not talking of a physical death, but of a death to self.  We have a selfless God.  In God refashioning our hearts, there is less of us(self) & more of Him(sweet precious Jesus) & our Heavenly Father.  The more I am of Him, the less I am of self.(His Holy Spirit within me is my guide)  I never knew how much flesh I was before I knew Him(Jesus), I had nothing to compare this too, Adam & Eve did since everyday they walked and talked with and "in" our Maker, not separated from His Spirit. When Gods Spirit departed, what was left? Just them, their self. But the Father did not leave them alone, our saviour of our all, "body and spirit," the covering of the innocent blood(life), representing Jesus,(in the form of an innocent animals blood & body as a covering) because in Gods perfect timing this would be Jesus' accomplishment  at the cross, His life covering our life completely. Nothing was left undone at the cross, full salvation, of our all, "body and spirit."   What a beautful God.  Hope I was able to share this in a way it can be understood. =]

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Walkonwater, please understand that I am not necessarily saying that I disagree with you, only pointing out that we are saying things that are not written in the Word.....      You say that there had to be a body to get the skins from, and the story does fit kind of in how you relate it with Jesus.....   however that is simply not really written in the word.

I can assure you that the God that spoke "let there be light" could whip up a couple of skins for the naked couple.

I hear so often here at Worthy.....   that's not what the Bible says, and if it's not in the Word it's not the truth....    so I was simply reminding people that we are drawing conclusions about things that may or may not be reality.....   though they do seem to be logical.

on a serious note if the death of animals to make the skin clothes was important, I do believe that we would have a bit more detail of the incident.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

After seeing how the majority of you are working through scripture, I'm beginning to understand how we came to have 3,000+  denominations across the world.

that kind of thing has taken basically the old testament and discussed it into a set of books about the size of a set of World Book Encyclopedia's called the Talmud.

Being an engineering kind of guy, it seems more appropriate to me to keep things simple.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings walkonwater

God bless you.....indeed that is a lovely speculation of a foreshadowing of the Promised Seed & I understand exactly what you are trying to say but you do have to remember that though it may very well be & it sure seems that way,it is not Written in Gods Word.......that does not mean that it is not probable but it does mean that it is simply cannot be assumed that it is Gods Timeless Truth........just as other one has said

I did want to say that you are not alone in your theory & I have actually heard this being"taught"as  interpretation of the Word of God in Sermons......that is when it becomes dangerous,teaching others "speculation"

With love ,in Christ -Kwik,

I was just thinking about what other one said,how our Amazing God can whip up a couple of skins.....LOL,wouldn't it be great to have a couple of gorgeous fur coats without killing any critters!!!!! :5:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

since the first thing they noticed was that they were naked/unclothed, what were they wearing before?  (other one beware...more speculation from yours truly...lol)  Why weren't the fig leaves good enough to cover their nakedness/shame?

Fig leaves die and fall apart...   bugs, rashes and all kinds of things can come from plants riding on your skin..

They are also shaped kind of funny to be covering things up...   I'm still trying to figure out how they sowed them together....    more speculation.

Also the weather was going to get cold after they leave the garden and who needs fig leaves in the freezing temperatures.

most likely though the leaves were not really durable enough to be worn as clothing for very long.

If you're reaching to the sacrifice thing you might take note that  Adam did die, and I assume Eve did also although I don't remember reading about it.   Guess she wasn't that important.

Quote--- I'm still trying to figure out how they sowed them together...

Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

God made them not Adam or Eve.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Walkonwater, please understand that I am not necessarily saying that I disagree with you, only pointing out that we are saying things that are not written in the Word.....      You say that there had to be a body to get the skins from, and the story does fit kind of in how you relate it with Jesus.....   however that is simply not really written in the word.

I can assure you that the God that spoke "let there be light" could whip up a couple of skins for the naked couple.

I hear so often here at Worthy.....   that's not what the Bible says, and if it's not in the Word it's not the truth....    so I was simply reminding people that we are drawing conclusions about things that may or may not be reality.....   though they do seem to be logical.

on a serious note if the death of animals to make the skin clothes was important, I do believe that we would have a bit more detail of the incident.

Referring to last sentence

Ecc 3: 21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

I think God had and has a totally different outlook on animals than the human does.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Quote--- I'm still trying to figure out how they sowed them together...

Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

God made them not Adam or Eve.

Genesis 3:7

English Standard Version (ESV)

Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.