• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1989

I agree with what you're saying, but mentioning 'Jesus Christ' on live television (in a 'praise' sense) is too offensive apparently to those who either are A) are not believers, and B) have no backbone being too afraid to Praise Jesus's name in public. Very sad.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

when I watch events like that..all that passes thru my mind is if your ashamed of me...I will be ashamed of you.   we should be so thankful to Jesus to be able to play games and enjoy some fun...  it seems like we honor the creation more than the creator...we give our country honor, players honor....y not give the author of life honor...we have become very weak willed...in my opinion

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

when I watch events like that..all that passes thru my mind is if your ashamed of me...I will be ashamed of you.   we should be so thankful to Jesus to be able to play games and enjoy some fun...  it seems like we honor the creation more than the creator...we give our country honor, players honor....y not give the author of life honor...we have become very weak willed...in my opinion

So it's ok with you if a priest in the Church of Satan to pray to Satan before a football game or an assembly at your local school?

So it's ok with you if a priest in the Church of Satan to pray to Satan before a football game or an assembly at your local school?

I wouldn't attend. But I wouldn't stop them. If the Super Bowl authorities decided they wanted to glorify satan. Or if the schools did I wouldn't attend. Free will is a wonderful thing. And I expect them to feel the same way...if I had the authority of the Super Bowl and I wanted to glorify Jesus Christ and u don't like it...don't attend. Having free religion isn't about accommodating people. It's about giving thanks to Jesus in all activities you are involved in...that is Bible.

Church of satan don't bother me at all...not giving glory to Jesus bothers me.. My point is if the NFL owners are Christians is it more important to accommodate people or Jesus. The problem is it is all about their God....Almighty money.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would wager a guess that if they started holding Satanic prayers in your school, you'd have things to say about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

You sure like to use blanket statements.  Who are the "we" you keep talking about?

I do understand where you are coming from, but if you are going to live in a constitutional republic and enjoy it's freedoms, you are going to have to give the others the same thing.

I just don't understand y a few make the majority deny their God. It doesn't seem right and shouldn't be tolerated. But it really doesn't bother a majority of Christians ...I guess I'm a minority and will have to live with it.

I would wager a guess that if they started holding Satanic prayers in your school, you'd have things to say about it.

U would lose that wager. I believe in freedom and if the majority wants it...have at it. And I feel satanists should feel the same way.

You sure like to use blanket statements.  Who are the "we" you keep talking about?

We the people watching the game...Christians watching the game..Jesus says we r either with him or we r with satan...the more I pray on this the more lukewarm comes into my mind...Revelation says lukewarm is a bad place to be...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

So you would allow satan to be worshiped in your school but not attend a football game because they allow a miutes silence?

How do you know that the majority are not praying to God in that minute? It's what I do.

I am confused when you say this 

I wouldn't attend. But I wouldn't stop them. If the Super Bowl authorities decided they wanted to glorify satan. Or if the schools did I wouldn't attend.

Then you say..

other one, on 06 Feb 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:snapback.png

U would lose that wager. I believe in freedom and if the majority wants it...have at it. And I feel satanists should feel the same way

So you would allow satan to be worshiped in your school but not attend a football game because they allow a miutes silence?

How do you know that the majority are not praying to God in that minute? It's what I do.

I wouldn't attend. But I wouldn't stop them. If the Super Bowl authorities decided they wanted to glorify satan. Or if the schools did I wouldn't attend.

Then you say..

U would lose that wager. I believe in freedom and if the majority wants it...have at it. And I feel satanists should feel the same way

i said i cringe when i hear moment of silence at a game... too me it is not good when you can shout louder for a team then you can for the author of life...without Jesus you wouldn't even have a team...

if the majority of the US wants to worship of satan...have at it...if I don't like it...i move.....or i accept it and work around it

and that same principle should apply to satanist or any other religion...if the majority of the US wants to worship Jesus...we should be able to have at it...and they can move...or accept it or work around it...

I'm not talking about making anybody accept Jesus or even praying to him....I'm saying it would be nice to give him thanks for the blessings ..I would rather offend people than Almighty Jesus.

reading your replies i guess i'm the only one offended by the moment of silence and not giving thanks to Jesus at public events...and I am a minority...so I will have to deal with it...

The Holy Word instructs us to give Thanks always... maybe i'm out of the circle....did they change the bible...give thanks always but not at major sporting events...or entertainment events or any other event where a non-believer might be...

thanks for the feedback...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Then you say..

i said i cringe when i hear moment of silence at a game... too me it is not good when you can shout louder for a team then you can for the author of life...without Jesus you wouldn't even have a team...

if the majority of the US wants to worship of satan...have at it...if I don't like it...i move.....or i accept it and work around it

and that same principle should apply to satanist or any other religion...if the majority of the US wants to worship Jesus...we should be able to have at it...and they can move...or accept it or work around it...

I'm not talking about making anybody accept Jesus or even praying to him....I'm saying it would be nice to give him thanks for the blessings ..I would rather offend people than Almighty Jesus.

reading your replies i guess i'm the only one offended by the moment of silence and not giving thanks to Jesus at public events...and I am a minority...so I will have to deal with it...

The Holy Word instructs us to give Thanks always... maybe i'm out of the circle....did they change the bible...give thanks always but not at major sporting events...or entertainment events or any other event where a non-believer might be...

thanks for the feedback...

To me, there is a difference between a Christian giving thanks to Jesus publically, and a rule which requires non-Christians to participate in giving thanks to Jesus.  

At the typical public event, most people will not be born again, so a mandated prayer in Jesus name would mean nothing when prayed by non-believers and might actually cause some people to blaspheme, or take Jesus name in vain. Born again Christians do not an official public prayer in Jesus name in order to prayer, so those who wish to give thanks always can do so without making it mandatory for non-Christians to do the same. A forced prayer, as in a forced conversion, is really no conversion or prayer to Jesus at all.