• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Yeah, that Miller is one bad hombre!  So the clotting sequence is quasi irreducible?  Maybe a more robust example would be in order.  Just off the top of our heads.  I got you on the complexity question, but I didn't really buy into the specific complexity idea, no offense intended.  I will leave the critique of this idea to finer minds.  

One thing that comes up.  If IE guys are right and prevail with the idea of irreducible complexity and evolutionists capitulate, won't they simply retrench and come up with another naturalistic counter idea? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Stop with the insults or this thread will be locked.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Yeah, that Miller is one bad hombre!  So the clotting sequence is quasi irreducible?  Maybe a more robust example would be in order.  Just off the top of our heads.  I got you on the complexity question, but I didn't really buy into the specific complexity idea, no offense intended.  I will leave the critique of this idea to finer minds.  

One thing that comes up.  If IE guys are right and prevail with the idea of irreducible complexity and evolutionists capitulate, won't they simply retrench and come up with another naturalistic counter idea? 

"Yeah, that Miller is one bad hombre!"

Especially with Strawmen

"So the clotting sequence is quasi irreducible?"

No it isn't.  That's like saying.... "She's a little pregnant."

"Maybe a more robust example would be in order."

The Coagulation Cascade is plenty Robust as clearly shown.  If you get bored, roll on over to the Flagellar Motor then review Dr. Scott Minnich (Geneticist and associate professor of Microbiology UI) he's one of the world's foremost experts on the motor.

That brings me to another point....Nature Producing/Manufacturing a motor :huh:   See also ATP Synthase and Kinesin if you really want some laughs.

"If IE guys are right and prevail with the idea of irreducible complexity and evolutionists capitulate, won't they simply retrench and come up with another naturalistic counter idea?"

Yep...another fiasco ascribing sentience and intelligence to Natural Selection complete with foresight and predetermined engineering assets.

I don't even know why I keep commenting on the fairytale; as mentioned, the theory (unverified hypothesis for some people, my critique is somewhat worse) was DOA in 1972 with with Punctuated Equilibrium......the first official Ad Hoc Hypothesis Savior.

The flagellar motor is not without criticism, but I'll avoid any one liners per your request.

Let me go on record as to state I believe God created everything. I just view some ideas by creationists as unsound.

Enough said. Enjoy your weekend.

The flagellar motor is not without criticism, but I'll avoid any one liners per your request.

Let me go on record as to state I believe God created everything. I just view some ideas by creationists as unsound.

Enough said. Enjoy your weekend.

"The flagellar motor is not without criticism"

The criticisms are Clumsy and dismissed with very little effort, quite frankly...I've reviewed everyone that I could find.  If you have one that you think is sound, go ahead and post.

"Let me go on record as to state I believe God created everything."

Understood.

"I just view some ideas by creationists as unsound."

Aren't you a Creationist?  I don't have an issue if they're legitimate and can be expressed clearly Point By Point, Specifically.  I do have an issue with making generalized statements about "unsoundness" without Specific Detailed Reference and Sound Rationale to Support Each Assertion.

"Enjoy your weekend."

You also.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

How's this for complexity?

Nerve functioning and muscle movement at the cellular physiological level, including action potentials.

How's this for complexity?

Nerve functioning and muscle movement at the cellular physiological level, including action potentials.

It's Mind Bogglingly Complex!!

How bout this.....

Kinesin2_zpsf77fcb80.jpg    Kinesin3_zps90e0f6b1.jpg

The Amazing Kinesin!!!  And Yes, It's walking  :hurrah:

What would Half a Kinesin Do?  :huh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Enoch....

The same thing the half football did,,,,,loved your analogies by the way,I do enjoy your posts.............Have a blessed day, Glory to God!

With love ,in Christ-Kwik

Let me state that I am a Christian, yet I take a skeptical view of many claims (not the tenets of the Faith), including evolution: I am not fully convinced of the latter.  But I do have problems with some creationist claims as well.  For example that evolution violates the 2nd law of Thermodynamics, that dinosaurs and humans coexisted, the Grand Canyon was formed by the Flood, that light traveled at awesome speeds in the past, as well as the subject of this thread. I think you can still believe that God created the universe yet be dubious of such statements.  I am not asking you for a detailed defense of these.  I am not going to convince anyone otherwise, so don't worry about it.

Blessings Enoch....

The same thing the half football did,,,,,loved your analogies by the way,I do enjoy your posts.............Have a blessed day, Glory to God!

With love ,in Christ-Kwik

Thank You Kwik

I enjoy reading yours also :)

Praise the LORD!!!