tigger398

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

BTW doing away with folks over 60 is a really good way of fixing the problem with social security and medicare.

Yea I know. 

Ive said that the holocaust is a foreshadow of what the trib will look like. And it started with things like this too. Hitler had a solution and killed off the undesirables (handicapped, mentally ill/retarded and the Jews). Old "useless" folks and believers will be next.

Yes  :(

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

This is a very touchy subject for many, so let's take into consideration how others may have had to live through such incidents and not push others.  We all have our beliefs and there is no one correct answer to all medical situations. 

Yes,I agree  :thumbsup:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

BTW doing away with folks over 60 is a really good way of fixing the problem with social security and medicare.

Yea I know. 

Ive said that the holocaust is a foreshadow of what the trib will look like. And it started with things like this too. Hitler had a solution and killed off the undesirables (handicapped, mentally ill/retarded and the Jews). Old "useless" folks and believers will be next.

Ouch! I know of a few here that would fit into this category ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Yea I know. 

Ouch! I know of a few here that would fit into this category ...

Me for instance.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends upon the wishes of the person on life support. That is why it is very important for everyone to have a living will and for their DR. or trusted loved one to have a copy. In the absence of one, then it becomes a very hard decision that can be fraught with emotion, especially for those who may have some unresolved issues with the person. But, unless it would end the person's life for any other reason than an alturistic one, it is not murder. IMO.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

A friend of mine died just this morning in hospice.  His daughter wasn't emotionally ready to let him go, even though her rational mind said yes.  It was hard to see him suffer during the last week.  Realistically, he was already "gone", as he had been unresponsive for several days.  Even with treatment, he would not have regained health.  I basically prayed that God would take him so that his body wouldn't suffer.