• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS,,,,,

This really is not a light & breezy topic & I have no idea where satan himself is but he is only one demon,the accuser,the father of lies & he roams about seeking who he CAN devour,,,,oh yes,he knows exactly what he is doing ,,,,he has been at it from the start,,,,,for thousands of years....................but the thing is,we are in spiritual WAR....there are legions of demons,God only knows how many ........................& they have but one goal,steal,kill & destroy,,,,the saints,our faith,our love,our joy ,our peace,our Salvation ,,,,every good thing from God,every good fruit,every good gift........

The enemy HATES God & they can never be reconciled back to the Father,they hate Jesus ,Jesus undoes ,destroys every works of the enemy &  delivers us from their death grip & we are FREE in Christ......................and we are hated & despised & sought after................oh yes,they know exactly what they are doing

And so every Christian needs to that position of Victory we stand on,Gods Word & the Power that works in us that no demon in hell can stand up against........in Jesus Name & with His Authority,,,the Power of the Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead !!!!!!The enemy banks on the ignorance of Gods people & they are4 destroyed for their lac of knowledge..................it is WAR!        But Praise Jesus,we won 2000 yrs ago!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus won our war 2,000 years ago, but the one with Satan isn't over....   Satan can't win in the end, but he still is fighting and we're stuck in the middle of it....    we know our outcome, but the trip there may not be very pleasant.

He said it was kind of like child birth and frankly I never met a woman who said giving birth was a real pleasant ordeal while it was going on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I have to agree that this is not a joke, nor is it play time.  Discuss Satan if you wish, but not in a way that is not scriptural.

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Ephesians 6:10-13

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

From Prov 4 "But the path of the righteous is as the dawning light, That shines more and more to the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: They know not at what they stumble. "

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

the devil doesnt want Christians dead he wants to watch us squirm. oh yes he knows what hes doing but he alsi is arrogant enough to challenge God.... so judgement not so good

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

the devil doesnt want Christians dead he wants to watch us squirm. oh yes he knows what hes doing but he alsi is arrogant enough to challenge God.... so judgement not so good

Yes.......it is called PRIDE..

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Yes.......it is called PRIDE..
exactly point proven as I said judgement not so Good. pride maked u blinder than if u gouged your eyes out

Guest Butero

Hey guys and welcome to the DRS thread.

We serve water, bouncy balls, stuffed animals and gum,

and I'd like to create a fun discussion about the devil in regards to believers and nonbelievers.

Ok, so when the devil wants a nonbeliever dead that's just one less soul in heaven.

When the devil wants a believer dead that's just one less soul spreading the gospel.

But my question is, does it make the devil even more upset when after a believer dies, they are with the Lord?

Like for example, we made enemies with the devil the day when we accepted Christ and not him.

So does the devil know what he's doing when he wants us dead.

- DRS81

Obviously, there is no way to know for sure what the answer is to this question.  I might even change my own opinion by tonight.  I tend to think that the devil is just about doing evil and causing destruction.  I don't know that he goes around angry that one person is spreading the gospel and because another person made it to heaven.  I think his focus is just about fighting with God and those that follow him.  If I am in the military fighting against an army of foreign invaders, all I care about is killing them so there are less fighting against me.  I tend to think that the devil would wipe the entire human race out if he could, but God won't let him.  The devil is limited in what he can do.  Remember in Job how he could only do as much as God would allow. 

My thought on the matter is that the devil just wants to destroy everyone.  That would be both believers and non-believers, because ultimately, he hates the entire human race.  When we get saved, God and the angels rejoice.  It is not like that with the devil.  He doesn't love his own servants.  He hates them.  He laughs at them.  He mocks them behind the scenes.  I tend to think he is just about destruction.  He has a long term plan, which we see played out in scripture in Revelation, but I don't really think he gets that upset over the actions of a single soul, though I do think the more we do for God, the more his attacks will come. 

Brother, I must say you gave us a tough question here, and I admit I am really not sure.  Perhaps a cup of coffee might help clear my mind.  I am just starting my day. 

Guest Butero

You seem to be making light (as in joking around) about this topic. But things like this should not be joked about. The devil is not a joke. He is an enemy. In your jests you end up giving the enemy warm fuzzy appeal and glorify him. 

I agree with Ayin Jade here.  I thought the same thing when I read the OP.  This is an interesting thing to think about, with no clear answer, and it is not something I would expect we would get in a big fight over like in some other discussions, but it is hardly a light subject.  We are talking about our enemy, and the harm he is doing to the whole human race.  Every time you see a loved one die, a war take place, a murder, a theft, anything bad, that is the result of the devil.  He seduced Eve into eating of that forbidden fruit, and now he is going around seducing people to sin.  I get where DRS81 is coming from, in that this isn't one of those hard subjects where we are at each others throats with strong opinions, but this is really a vey serious subject.  It is just one where I am not sure any of us can give a conclusive answer.  All we can do is look to scripture for clues. 

DRS81, I am not coming against you in the sense of outrage you would call this a light topic, or anything like that.  I think I understand the spirit in which you meant those comments, but Ayin Jade, as well as the others who have agreed with her position have a good point.  This is a very serious topic.  I do think it gives us something to consider.  I am still trying to decide within myself the answer to your question. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ok, so when the devil wants a nonbeliever dead that's just one less soul in heaven.

When the devil wants a believer dead that's just one less soul spreading the gospel.

But my question is, does it make the devil even more upset when after a believer dies, they are with the Lord?

Like for example, we made enemies with the devil the day when we accepted Christ and not him.

So does the devil know what he's doing when he wants us dead.

I believe there is a significant error in your line of thinking.

The devil could care less about us. The devil's war is with God, not us. In the devil's perspective, we are nothing more than pawns.