TedWasTaken

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Wrong......Welcome to Worthy Ted  :grin:  .Does it say anywhere in the Bible that the fruit Adam and Eve ate was not an apple?The above verse you gave means nothing.The Bible doesn't say that it was an apple to my knowledge.It could have been a pear or.....

Thanks for the welcome Bopeep.

The verse I supplied above tells us we were allowed to eat from every tree that contains seeds right?  That would indicate to me that either:

God had made an incomplete statement in this verse regarding the fact that we could eat from every tree that had seeds (because if the Knowledge Tree had seeds we were not to eat from it).

or

The Knowledge tree had no seeds

If God had made an incomplete statement (He said "every" when it really wasn't so), can anyone clue me in as to how we would know (not assume) that God had indeed made the incomplete statement?

God speaks as He wishes to speak! And He speaks only the truth.

Why does it matter so much to you?

It's a curiosity - I think it's an interesting notion that the Tree of the Knowlege of Good and Evil "may not have" produced seeds.  It has interesting ramifications given all the places that seed is mentioned in scripture.

What would be the ramifications, might I ask?

clb

(Also, does anyone know whether there are edible seedless plants?  My botany is appalling).

Frankly I find the forum a bit too edgy to try to learn and share ideas.  I'm not crying here, it's ok.  In light of this I will not offer opinions, but just suggestions to look at.  Think of places in scripture that mention seed.  Like how we are born of incorruptable seed, like how the Israelites were not to mix seed types in a field, like how as long as the earth remains, the Lord told Noah that seed time and harvest would remain.  What could these things mean.  For example the Lord wasn't concerned with oxen when He told the Israelites that they were not to muzzle the ox while he threshed was He?  (Deut 25:4, I Tim 5:18).  We know the law is our tutor to lead us to Christ, right?  So what is the Lord saying in these things regarding seed, and how the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil apparently was seedless (since man was allowed to eat from every tree that bore seed)?

Edited by TedWasTaken

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Blessings clb!

All fruits have seeds(including bananas),vegetables do not,they are the plant & their flower produces seeds

With love,in Christ-Kwik

K.  I was just trying to figure out what Ted was getting into--so the whatever Adam and Eve ate from the tree, it most certainly had seeds in it.  Is that so?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Wrong......Welcome to Worthy Ted  :grin:  .Does it say anywhere in the Bible that the fruit Adam and Eve ate was not an apple?The above verse you gave means nothing.The Bible doesn't say that it was an apple to my knowledge.It could have been a pear or.....

Thanks for the welcome Bopeep.

The verse I supplied above tells us we were allowed to eat from every tree that contains seeds right?  That would indicate to me that either:

God had made an incomplete statement in this verse regarding the fact that we could eat from every tree that had seeds (because if the Knowledge Tree had seeds we were not to eat from it).

or

The Knowledge tree had no seeds

If God had made an incomplete statement (He said "every" when it really wasn't so), can anyone clue me in as to how we would know (not assume) that God had indeed made the incomplete statement?

God speaks as He wishes to speak! And He speaks only the truth.

Why does it matter so much to you?

It's a curiosity - I think it's an interesting notion that the Tree of the Knowlege of Good and Evil "may not have" produced seeds.  It has interesting ramifications given all the places that seed is mentioned in scripture.

What would be the ramifications, might I ask?

clb

(Also, does anyone know whether there are edible seedless plants?  My botany is appalling).

Frankly I find the forum a bit too edgy to try to learn and share ideas.  I'm not crying here, it's ok.  In light of this I will not offer opinions, but just suggestions to look at.  Think of places in scripture that mention seed.  Like how we are born of incorruptable seed, like how the Israelites were not to mix seed types in a field, like how as long as the earth remains, the Lord told Noah that seed time and harvest would remain.  What could these things mean.  For example the Lord wasn't concerned with oxen when He told the Israelites that they were not to muzzle the ox while he threshed was He?  (Deut 25:4, I Tim 5:18).  We know the law is our tutor to lead us to Christ, right?  So what is the Lord saying in these things regarding seed, and how the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil apparently was seedless (since man was allowed to eat from every tree that bore seed)?

Too edgy?  Actually it is pretty conservative--unless you mean too on edge, in which case, it depends on the person you are in dialogue with.  

I do not see any thing to draw from the seedlessness of the tree--I am not sure what edible foods there are that grow on trees and are seedless.  I frankly have no problem with the fruit being, well, fruit (having seeds); nor do others from what I've read.  Some will say that context requires we read the prohibition and permission together, so that once the whole story is heard, it is apparent that God has given all seeded edibles to man except that of the TKGE (it is tiresome to spell the whole thing out); but we cannot know that till we have heard the whole thing.  Others like me do not get bogged down with such details because we read the two narratives as from completely different perspectives, emphasizing different themes.  They compliment each other thematically and theologically, but the author is not concerned with the details.  I take the 6 days of Genesis 1 to be a literary device.  Genesis 2:4 onward abandons that literary device in order to press other themes.

clb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Blessings clb!

All fruits have seeds(including bananas),vegetables do not,they are the plant & their flower produces seeds

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Is squash a fruit? Are cucumbers fruit? They have seeds.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

That particular fruit just might have had a very important seed after all.......man ingested the seed of evil

I don't see it that way.....   eating of the fruit didn't put evil into man, it just enlightened him to it's existence. Not knowing good from evil, Adam was just doing what was natural for him......   

Hey Other.  Adam did know good from evil without really knowing he did.  Good was doing as God had commanded.  Evil was going against that command.  Satan lied to Eve and made her think that there was some sort of enlightenment God was trying to keep from them but he wasn't.  If they had depended on his word then we wouldn't be where we are today.  It wasn't his "nature" it was his choice.

Blessings clb!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

According to the bible they are.  we just categorize them otherwise because they aren't sweet.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Blessings clb!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

According to the bible they are.  we just categorize them otherwise because they aren't sweet.

According to the Oklahoma State Government they are......   Watermelons are of that same group and watermelon is our state fruit.

Blessings clb!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

According to the Oklahoma State Government they are......   Watermelons are of that same group and watermelon is our state fruit.

Cool......second person I know from Oklahoma. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

That particular fruit just might have had a very important seed after all.......man ingested the seed of evil

I don't see it that way.....   eating of the fruit didn't put evil into man, it just enlightened him to it's existence. Not knowing good from evil, Adam was just doing what was natural for him......   

Hey Other.  Adam did know good from evil without really knowing he did.  Good was doing as God had commanded.  Evil was going against that command.  Satan lied to Eve and made her think that there was some sort of enlightenment God was trying to keep from them but he wasn't.  If they had depended on his word then we wouldn't be where we are today.  It wasn't his "nature" it was his choice.

I would disagree.....   it wasn't until after they ate that they even realized they were naked......   I understand that God told them not to eat of the tree, but I don't think they understood that it was really wrong to do so........    and I don't think they were meant to.

Gen 3:22

22 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"

the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil......      they did not know (understand) good and evil until after they ate of the fruit.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jade
Squash, melons, and cucumbers belong to the same
family, often called "cucurbits," and have a flowering
habit which is unique among the vegetable crops.
They bear two kinds of flowers, male and female,
both on the same plant. In order for fruit set to occur,
pollen from the male flower must be transferred to
the female flower.

clb..... :noidea: It would seem so to me,logically(lol)                                                        With love,Kwik