• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS,Blessings to All!

I used to question or even wonder why God allows many tragedies & especially sickness,disease ...even atrocities and to tell you the truth,I don't any more......I trust His higher purpose.You see,I have had my tangles with cancer....diagnosed as incurable,terminal.After suddenly awakened to the reality of how fragile life is,how temporal,I see everything as but a moment in time.Even to suffer an entire lifetime,say 70 or 80 years,it is not even a blink of an eye compared to eternity & what is in store.

Many things are a result of mans interference,like mudslides(should one really build a 3 million dollar home on a hill by the seashore(Malibu)....or those exclusive highrise condominiums on the coast of Florida where it is 1 foot above sea level & a hurricaine can bring 160 mi per hr winds & tornadoes?How about when the levees broke?Then we have pesticides,fertility drugs,toxic waste & so on......so much devastation & destruction are ramifications of our own doing.......................and some are not,But in any event -whether it seems fair or not God will use any situation for His purpose,& it will be for someones good & He will get the Glory

Somewhere a good Christian family will be gunned down for no reason at all and there will be one survivor who comes on TV,says she forgives the murderer,is praying for him & testifies to the world that if God were not by her side she could never make it......................God used a very evil situation that he did not cause for His Glory & the good of others. 

I am grateful to be a witness to Gods goodness & Glory,if my suffering can bring just one soul to the foot of the cross then it is well worth it....it is only for a moment but someones eternity is a very,very,very long time! Oh,also....you wondered about someone who has not reached Salvation,Our Loving Father would not allow death to take someone that He has not presented the opportunity to accept His Son....it is not His character to be unfair,He is Fair & Just and not a respecter of persons.................everyone is given their measure of Faith & everyone gets to choose life or death

God Bless you,we cannot know all of Gods ways but we certainly know enough to trust Him & have hope & faith no matter what happens

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest DRS81

Blessings DRS,Blessings to All!

I used to question or even wonder why God allows many tragedies & especially sickness,disease ...even atrocities and to tell you the truth,I don't any more......I trust His higher purpose.You see,I have had my tangles with cancer....diagnosed as incurable,terminal.

God allowed that cancer in you so you can be a light in this world for the Lord through your suffering, and you shine bright kwik. It takes strength and courage to face that. It says a lot about your character. The Lord is with you kwik. - David

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS

I could not have gone through a single day without the Lord,He is my Strength & my Sustainance....His Grace is Sufficient and ALL the Glory be to God                                                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

You don't, because if you attempt to you are putting God in a box.

There are many scriptures that point toward his ways not being our ways.

My father died and atheist. Am I happy about that? Of course not! Do I question it? Not really.

I have learned to question things with no answer is futile.

But! If we follow His command we might be the one, who brings one, to the Lord. And that is what I concentrate on.

Good point Fez, I'll agree with that.

Let me ask you a question, since you love asking them?

What are you seeking in the answer to your #1 question? How would any answer, positive or negative in your mind, change your Faith in God?

It wouldn't change my faith in the least.

These questions are based on dumb curiosity and wondering.

My mom had told me a story the other day about a mother losing her whole family in a mudslide,

it made me sad and to question things. :(

It wouldn't change my faith in the least.

You know what? It can have an effect on us whether we know it or not. Wrestling with things that the bible does not tell us about in any detail because they are not important in the greater scheme of God's plan for us is dangerous to some, and for any seeker reading this it can be a huge (false) put off.

It is why Paul said...

Col 3:1  If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 
Col 3:2  Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. (he talks about anger, etc, but it is relevant)

He also tells us to renew our minds. I take that of meaning kick out the stuff that has no use, no answer, and leads to us or someone else questioning God.

Because that is what we are doing here.

So why does God control tornadoes to hit certain houses or mudslides to kill families,

or control ice storms just enough to make the roads icy and kill more people etc etc...

like all those horror stories on weather(dot)com.

Matthew 5:45

New King James Version (NKJV)

45 b: for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Some may ask - why the unjust too?

But so many things are in play -

Cause and affect - nature,

free will - man.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

God is in control of everything.God's Will Be Done.No matter what happens.

But what does "control" mean? Does it mean "caused" or "created" or "made it happen"?

When satan manipulated the weather to destroy the house Job's children were in, killing them all, was God responsible for that?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

But what does "control" mean? Does it mean "caused" or "created" or "made it happen"?

When satan manipulated the weather to destroy the house Job's children were in, killing them all, was God responsible for that?

It means allowed it to happen for His Glory whatever that may be.

Guest DRS81

Because that is what we are doing here.

Well, it's better to get it out of your system and ask questions. Don't keep it bottled up, like a teenage girl on steroids.

It means allowed it to happen for His Glory whatever that may be.

:thumbsup:

God

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Isaiah 46:10

Knows

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

And Little Children

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. Luke 18:17

Trust

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

Love, His Kid

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I believe God is responsible for all things. God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. God is the designer of all creation and the weather does not take him by surprise nor get out of his control. Yes, the magnificent question 'why?' Is commonly brought to mind. If God could prevent it then why doesn't he? Did he choose to order that mudslide that killed those people?

Whether God directly orders the slaughter of people through violent weatger events or simply stands by and allows the events to happen is of little significance. Either way God could have prevented or stopped these things but chose not too.

Is God unjust who does such? That is the true heart of the accusation underlying the question which can be answered simply enough by saying yes and no. Yes God is unjust in the eyes of those who see him as such. No God is not unjust in tye eyes of those who judge him so. Either way the judgement of God is ours and not the simple truth (all men are liars).

Whatever God does is just because he is God and not because I or anyone else for that matter judge him as just. He needs not prove himself worthy of me or any other created being.

So what about all those 'innocent' people who are affected by wheather related events? There are none righteous. No. Not one. Only by the Grace of Almighty God are we who a kept by him given shelter from destruction. And not by anything we have done for we are all worthy of death according to the scriptures.

My heart be with all those whom God has judged for I am equally worthy of their end. As we approach the coming day of vengeance let us strive to provoke others unto love and good works for who knows if God will have mercy and spare?

Thank you dear God for allowing this sinner more time to work despite the ever changing climate of creation and the destruction I read about almost daily in some part of the world.