• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Really the Psalms 83 war is most likely past and not future.  Philistia is the area North of Gaza and occupied by Israel at this time.  Amalek is the territory East of Gaza and occupied by Israel at this time.

The war of Ezk 38 and 39 is future, but most likely this war happens just prior to the 70th Week of Daniel.  Israel burns the weapons of war for 7 years.

The Isa 17 war is more of a get out of our way war.  Just as the armies are positioning themselves for the Battle of Armageddon, the army from the North must pass West of or through Damascus to get to the Valley of Megiddo.  The army from the East must pass near to or just South of Damascus.  So Damascus is at the crossroads of one of these invading armies of the North and/or East on their way to Armageddon.  It will no longer be a city, it will be a heap of ruins.

In Christ

Montana Marv

=======================================================================

Psalm 83 War Past?  I don't think so, especially when all the named peoples now surround them...

Tabernacles of Edom =  Palestinians 100,000+ in Refugee Camps currently.

Ishmaelites = Take your pick

Hagarenes = Egypt

Ammon = Jordanians

Tyre = Hezbollah/Southern Lebanon

Assur = Assyria (Syria and Northern Iraq)

This :rolleyes: :rolleyes: is the Who's Who of Peoples who hate Israel. 

(Psalms 83:2) "For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head."

(Psalms 83:5) "For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:"

Those Groups are not even mentioned in the Gog/Magog attack and Israel is @ Peace "Dwelling in Safety" with no walls or gates.  Psalm 83 hasn't happen but is pretty clear it must before the Gog/Magog War.  Also The Gog/Magog Purpose is for Spoil/Booty......Israel most likely gains Abrahamic Covenant Borders (No walls or Gates) and Plenty of Spoil after the Psalm 83 participants are Vanquished.

Also, The Battle of Armageddon is a Misnomer it's a staging area for the AC and armies to launch there attack and chase the Jewish Remnant to Bozrah----Petra today.....

(Revelation 16:16) "And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon."  Staging Area.

(Micah 2:12) "I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together as the sheep of Bozrah, as the flock in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men."

(Jeremiah 46:10) "For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates."

(Isaiah 63:1-6) "Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.  {2} Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?  {3} I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.  {4} For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.  {5} And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.  {6} And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth."

(Revelation 19:15-16) "And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.  {16} And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Not saying that there is "No Battle" @ Armageddon but Bozrah-----Petra appears to be the focus.

Oh.... (Revelation 14:20) "And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs."

1600 Furlongs.......

BozrahPetra_zpsa0cd34f5.jpg

Just sayin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

Enoch,

:huh: What?  So this isn't the wrap up to the Gog/Magog Invasion, eh?  Ezekiel just got done detailing the whole Gog/Magog Invasion and all of a sudden like and out of context flip to Armageddon?? For what purpose?

Ezekiel is told to Prophesy again in 39:17, which Bible are you reading??  It's just a continuation.....

(Ezekiel 39:17) "And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood."

This is Gog/Magog still sir, see the "Mountains" here.....

(Ezekiel 39:2) "And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:"

sigh.... I am 65 years old and have studied this material intensely for over 40 years.  

There is nothing out of context.   God makes the context.   You are just not fully understanding it.     

In Ezekiel 38/39 God is bringing the scattered back in stages, which is one of the reason for Gog/Magog account, and then 7 years later the Armageddon feast, and Jesus having returned.    Jesus will gather the remainder at his return, gathering the elect from around the world.   That's in Matthew 24.

In Ezekiel 39:28 none are left in the nations.   So you know the verses are not about Gog/Magog, but later after Jesus has returned.

27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

Ezekiel 39:17-20 is the Armageddon feast.   The heathen are judged and Jesus has returned to this earth, setting his glory here on earth among the nations.      The mountains is not an issue, the blood runs the length of Israel, when the armies are judged.    

Even in Gog/Magog, 7 years earlier it is not just the mountains.  Ezekiel 39:5 Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.

It is both in the mountains and the open field.

Armageddon is in a VALLEY....Valley of Jezreel.

This is what happens after the feast of flesh in Revelation....

(Revelation 19:20) "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

Can you show me this context after the feast in Ezekiel?

Ezekiel has nothing about Revelation 19:20 in it.    Who is making that claim?

Here we go again with Daniel 8:9 "little horn" is the antichrist.  It's Antiochus the IV (Epiphanes).   So since you just won't let go of......Daniel's "little horn" of Chapter 7 and 8 are the same, Lets do a Compare and Contrast of the Characteristics of each:

What does this verse say, the part in blue?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

15 And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.

16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.

17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Greece doesn't rise to power again.  And the AC doesn't come from there....He's an Assyrian. (See Micah and Isaiah)  That's a Whole nuther Discussion

I am not saying that Greece rise to power again.   Greece (Macedonia) though was one of the four break up kingdoms (Cassander).  I am not saying that the Antichrist originates from Greece.   

After the Antichrist has risen to power to become leader of the EU, Greece is the where the Antichrist, the leader of the EU will mobilize and stage the EU, probably NATO,  army right before Gog/Magog..... then he heads down to Israel.     With the intent of stopping Gog/Magog.    But God supernatually destroys Gog/Magog before he get there.  

Why have you not answered any of my questions regarding who are the transgressors, and what is their kingdom?

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

That king of fierce countenance is the little horn of Daniel 8:9, who commits the abomination of desolation - the transgression.    In the text, it says the vision is for the time of the end, not Antiochus's time, nor is it Antiochus.

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Really the Psalms 83 war is most likely past and not future.  Philistia is the area North of Gaza and occupied by Israel at this time.  Amalek is the territory East of Gaza and occupied by Israel at this time.

The war of Ezk 38 and 39 is future, but most likely this war happens just prior to the 70th Week of Daniel.  Israel burns the weapons of war for 7 years.

The Isa 17 war is more of a get out of our way war.  Just as the armies are positioning themselves for the Battle of Armageddon, the army from the North must pass West of or through Damascus to get to the Valley of Megiddo.  The army from the East must pass near to or just South of Damascus.  So Damascus is at the crossroads of one of these invading armies of the North and/or East on their way to Armageddon.  It will no longer be a city, it will be a heap of ruins.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Interesting take on the alleged Psalm 83 war. I still haven't quite figured that out in my mind yet. Past or future? Most of the "experts" seem to think future and it appears that the countries involved all border Israel, which makes some sense to think this is some future war. If this is true, I do believe Isaiah 17, Damascus going in ruin, is in this battle. So, even though I'm not dogmatic about this alleged future war, I do know Damascus has to go into ruin at some time and this has nothing to do with Ezekiel 38/39.

• Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Spock

And yet the fall of Damascus could yet at the hands by its current leaders or its foes, internal war.  Biologic weapon of some sort, making the city inhabitable.  Nukes are out, Far too much damage to out lining areas.  This war is a hard one to make a fit.  And yet I suggested a pre Armageddon destruction.  I guess it will happen when it will happen.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I personally think that the destruction of Damascus will be the key thing that ultimately bring on the Ezekiel war......   that just comes form years and years and years of trying to make sense out of it all.....   sometime along that path of reading that was a conclusion I came to...

=================================================================================

sigh.... I am 65 years old and have studied this material intensely for over 40 years.

Sigh, eh?  So...?  How do you know I haven't?  Relevance?   Just because you do something for a long time doesn't make it correct or offer any veracity whatsoever.

"The only barrier to Truth is thinking you already have it"  (Unknown Author)

In Ezekiel 38/39 God is bringing the scattered back in stages, which is one of the reason for Gog/Magog account, and then 7 years later the Armageddon feast, and Jesus having returned.    Jesus will gather the remainder at his return, gathering the elect from around the world.   That's in Matthew 24.

Ezekiel 38-39 has Zero to do with Armageddon and Zero to do with Matthew 24.  The only way to connect them is to contrive it.

You say this....

"Ezekiel 39:17-20 is the Armageddon feast."

Then you say this....

"Ezekiel has nothing about Revelation 19:20 in it.    Who is making that claim?"

:huh: ??   You are making the claim sir....by simple virtue of your first statement.  See it?

This is the Armageddon Feast....see what happens right afterShow me this context in Ezekiel?? ....

(Revelation 19:18-20) "That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.  {19} And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.  {20} And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

You also said this...."Nestled between the lines of Ezekiel 39:16 and Ezekiel 39:17 are those 7 years.      Ezekiel 39:17-20 is the Armageddon feast at the end of the 7 years, i.e. at the end of the 70th week."

I'd have to say that's one of the most Preposterous comments I've heard.  You're saying Daniel's 70th Week and the ENTIRE Book of Revelation is "Nestled" "between the lines" in Ezekiel, eh?  :huh:

After the Antichrist has risen to power to become leader of the EU, Greece is the where the Antichrist, the leader of the EU will mobilize and stage the EU, probably NATO,  army right before Gog/Magog..... then he heads down to Israel.          With the intent of stopping Gog/Magog.

This is all contrived.  Scripture Support?

That king of fierce countenance is the little horn of Daniel 8:9,

I have already shown you via step by step Exegesis of the Passages that this is Fallacious.......Here:

I can't break it down any plainer or simpler than I did Directly from the Passages in question.

Daniel 8:9 "Little Horn" is Antiochus IV and is Clear and Distinct as it gets.  The only refutation you have is to conflate the real AC from the End of The Chapter with the "little horn" described in detail earlier.  Pedestrian Exegesis renders that conclusion NULL simply from the context.

Daniel 8:23 is the Real AC or King of Fierce Countenance as I also explained to you.  Just because they're in the Same Chapter doesn't make them the Same.  Remember Chapter Breaks and Numbered Passages although Helpful.....are Man's Construct.  Context Context Context is King.

Why have you not answered any of my questions regarding who are the transgressors, and what is their kingdom?

I answered this indirectly with my compare and contrast of the "little horns" (see link above).  This is speaking to Rome Phase II (Holy Roman Empire) and the AC leading them.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I believe Montana Marv was right - that Ps. 83 is most likely past.

Yes Ps. 83 refers to the 6 day war.

Psalm 83.

v 1 - 5 We see the enemies of God & Israel are conspiring together saying "Come let us wipe them out as a nation."

In 1967 different countries around Israel took counsel together with one accord to destroy Israel from being a nation. For the first time in history these countries forgot their differences. They formed a confederacy to declare a `Jehud,` - holy war to wipe the name of Israel from remembrance. These actual words were frequently broadcast over Radio Cario & published in world newspapers. Unknowingly they were practically quoting directly from prophecy given 25 centuries ago. (Ps. 83)

v 6 - 8 Even the participants were accurately delineated - under ancient names.

ANCIENT NAME..................................MODERN NAME

Edom, Moab, Ammon..........................Jordan

Hagarenes, Amalek, Philistines...........Egypt

Ishmaelities..........................................Arabia

Gebal, Tyre..........................................Lebanon

Assyria.................................................Syria, Iraq

v 9 - 18 And what was the outcome?

`Fill their faces with dishonour,....let them be ashamed & dismayed....let them be humiliated.....`  (v. 16 & 17)

Hope that helps.

Enoch while you are here could you please help me as I`m having trouble pasting notes I want on to my reply.

Thank you.

Enoch,

If I can just interject in your conversation with Douggg as regards that `nestled.` That is called `Prophetic perspective.` It is when one event  is placed immediately after another but there are many years inbetween.

See Isa. 61: 2 `To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God.`

Luke 4: 18 `The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,......to preach the acceptable year of the Lord,`

Jesus only quoted part of that sentence in Isaiah. Why? Because` the day of vengeance` was yet over 2000 years away.

There are other passages in the word that show this also.

Enoch,

If I can just interject in your conversation with Douggg as regards that `nestled.` That is called `Prophetic perspective.` It is when one event  is placed immediately after another but there are many years inbetween.

See Isa. 61: 2 `To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God.`

Luke 4: 18 `The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,......to preach the acceptable year of the Lord,`

Jesus only quoted part of that sentence in Isaiah. Why? Because` the day of vengeance` was yet over 2000 years away.

There are other passages in the word that show this also.

=============================================================================================

Yes, and it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with "Nestling" Daniel's 70th Week and The Entire Book of Revelation "In-Between" those Passages in Ezekiel.  It surely doesn't authorize anyone to wantonly and arbitrarily splice whatever they want "in-between" Passages.

Enoch while you are here could you please help me as I`m having trouble pasting notes I want on to my reply.

I don't know what you're talking about with "pasting notes"