• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Blessings Oak

LOL...thanks,I understand perfectly now! And I have to agree,I have a cousin who swears like a long shoreman,has a temper to beat the band & can display some very inappropriate behavior at any given moment......I beg her not to go around announcing she is a Christian,with the same mouth she blesses God she will curse you with the next breath.................

I think it is good common sense to keep alot private and there is a time & place for everything........I am proud to proclaim the Name of Jesus anywhere,anytime and I have faced opposition on several occasions where people even became combative but the Holy Spirit leads & guides us through all situations.........& at times,yes.......we are told to keep quiet until the proper time.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I used to swear like a trooper but God is working on me now. I still do it but it's getting less and less. The urge to do it is going away. But until it's completely under control, I'd look pretty stupid and hypocritical if I was a preacher!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

uh.....you threw me with the cards close to the chest and God in the same sentence

Here's what I think about what you are asking and I'll just use your response in post 6 for my remarks

Don't reveal too much about yourself. If you feel that you have to stand up for your Christian values then do so, but don't go around openly criticising homosexuality, abortion or anything else that is politically sensitive these days unless you do it anonymously.

Don't make strong political views on Facebook or other social media. Don't give out your address or whereabouts to anybody unless you feel you can trust them. If you have a sordid past from your pre-salvation days then don't put yourself in a situation where it can be used against you. Don't act holier-than-thou or too judgemental if there is in any skeleton in your closet that may be used to target you as a hypocrite.

If you feel courageous enough to boldly make a statement that supports your beliefs then make sure that you can back-it-up with your own character. Otherwise be wise and keep your mouth shut.

Don't reveal too much about your private life especially if you are struggling with sin or a particular vice. Wait until you have conquered your vice before blurting out your opinions because you can give Christians a bad name.

In short, don't put yourself in unnecessary danger or jeopardise the security or welfare of others.

There is a difference between being honest and dumping every thought in your head 'out there' for everyone else to analyze.   There is a time and place for everything and that time and place is not

EVERY time and place if you get my meaning?

As far as political views go, I guess people are free to express them and equally free to never mind them.   The word descretion is applicable for the questons you are asking.  Unless a person has

offended a whole bunch of people and they desire to make amends with the way they treated people in their pre-Christian days, why talk about all the sin you committed?  That might be appropriate

in a testimony and sometimes only depending on the age group and the sins comitted.  Again, descretion.

We should never act self righteous at any time and catstigating people without love is never correct either.  Remember that non-Christians should not be expected to live up the Bible's standards even

if they are judged by what scripture says.  

We should basically show we are Christians by how we act....because talk is cheap...yet be prepared to answer anyone regarding our faith...as scripture says we should.

If you can't remember all that, then a simple 'don't poke your finger someone elses' eye should suffice.  

Sounds like you might be thinking about something in particular?  Maybe not, but I kind of have the impression your are asking for a reason...

I was thinking about Facebook and how in the future we may be spied on and then I was thinking there may come a time in the future when we may be persecuted but why put yourself in line to be persecuted now? If you have a record for being a persistent 'troublemaker' as the Progressive order seems to see most Christians as being then you're going to be one of the first against the wall when the time comes.

You don't want to get fired from your job because you've been shouting down evil for the last decade, or because of some Evangelical remark you once posted on Twitter five years ago.

Some people have a calling, pastors for example. They are meant to express their views to large groups of people. Other Christians are terrible at preaching - they are bad public speakers and are best keeping quiet. They may be good writers though and perhaps they could do online witnessing such as blogging.

There may come a time when we may all have to boldly stand up and declare who we are and what we think - no holds barred and just before we're dragged off to be arrested, but why rock the boat now when we could be doing so much other good work but still keeping a low profile? It can be easy to witness to one person at a time, once you have gained that person's trust especially if you're a Christian alone in a non-Christian community - no point preaching openly if you're surrounded by lovers of vice. It might work, but you might just get yourself lynched and then you're no use to anybody!

Well,if you are a Post Trib believer and you are a Christian your goose it cooked :mgcheerful: .If you believe that we will go through the tribulation there is going to be nothing that will save you unless you take the Mark.Are you saying that we should be quiet about our witnessing for the Lord because it would put us in jeopardy for being persecuted later?That is a pretty weak believer for Christ.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I was thinking about Facebook and how in the future we may be spied on and then I was thinking there may come a time in the future when we may be persecuted but why put yourself in line to be persecuted now? If you have a record for being a persistent 'troublemaker' as the Progressive order seems to see most Christians as being then you're going to be one of the first against the wall when the time comes.

You don't want to get fired from your job because you've been shouting down evil for the last decade, or because of some Evangelical remark you once posted on Twitter five years ago.

Some people have a calling, pastors for example. They are meant to express their views to large groups of people. Other Christians are terrible at preaching - they are bad public speakers and are best keeping quiet. They may be good writers though and perhaps they could do online witnessing such as blogging.

There may come a time when we may all have to boldly stand up and declare who we are and what we think - no holds barred and just before we're dragged off to be arrested, but why rock the boat now when we could be doing so much other good work but still keeping a low profile? It can be easy to witness to one person at a time, once you have gained that person's trust especially if you're a Christian alone in a non-Christian community - no point preaching openly if you're surrounded by lovers of vice. It might work, but you might just get yourself lynched and then you're no use to anybody!

Have you heard the news?  We are being spied on now surprised.png

Well we know we are not trouble makers...but since the world is topsy turvy with right being wrong and wrong being right, we can expect worse to come

I personally think we should proceed as we normally would without paranoia.  When I was in universtiy, I spoke up in class when someone made remarks that were lies and I will witness

as I feel led to do but I have never been an 'in your face' kind of person anyway...granted I do have things to say here on this forum, but it is a board for discussion so that basically

defines what we are all here for anyway LOL!

Seriously, I find one on one witnessing to be great...and we are definately not all pastors and God does not expect us to all be the same thing either but if you pray and expect God to

lead you by His Spirit, He will open doors for you to share your faith if you want to.  I do believe God actually does expect that much or little of us.

But I agree about facebook and all the other social sharing sites.  I am not highly social by nature but it seems some people have found their calling in life....blabbing all over the internet

about every thought in their head and picking fights and giving people a piece of their mind....just ignore it and move on.

Frankly, I would, as you say, 'preach openly' if I thought I should but I would not do so in my own power or because I wanted to lay down the law.

I guess if we find ourself 'lynched' by spreading the gospel and we did so because the Holy Spirit led us to share, then perhaps it was God's time?  Many missionairies have given their life in

service to God and take a look at the writers of the NT.  That may give you a bit of a different perspective.

I certainly agree with not kicking empty cans down the road, but IMO, hiding or deliberately saying nothing when the situation actually would warrant some statement, is not how I want to live either 

uh.....you threw me with the cards close to the chest and God in the same sentence

Here's what I think about what you are asking and I'll just use your response in post 6 for my remarks

Don't reveal too much about yourself. If you feel that you have to stand up for your Christian values then do so, but don't go around openly criticising homosexuality, abortion or anything else that is politically sensitive these days unless you do it anonymously.

Don't make strong political views on Facebook or other social media. Don't give out your address or whereabouts to anybody unless you feel you can trust them. If you have a sordid past from your pre-salvation days then don't put yourself in a situation where it can be used against you. Don't act holier-than-thou or too judgemental if there is in any skeleton in your closet that may be used to target you as a hypocrite.

If you feel courageous enough to boldly make a statement that supports your beliefs then make sure that you can back-it-up with your own character. Otherwise be wise and keep your mouth shut.

Don't reveal too much about your private life especially if you are struggling with sin or a particular vice. Wait until you have conquered your vice before blurting out your opinions because you can give Christians a bad name.

In short, don't put yourself in unnecessary danger or jeopardise the security or welfare of others.

There is a difference between being honest and dumping every thought in your head 'out there' for everyone else to analyze.   There is a time and place for everything and that time and place is not

EVERY time and place if you get my meaning?

As far as political views go, I guess people are free to express them and equally free to never mind them.   The word descretion is applicable for the questons you are asking.  Unless a person has

offended a whole bunch of people and they desire to make amends with the way they treated people in their pre-Christian days, why talk about all the sin you committed?  That might be appropriate

in a testimony and sometimes only depending on the age group and the sins comitted.  Again, descretion.

We should never act self righteous at any time and catstigating people without love is never correct either.  Remember that non-Christians should not be expected to live up the Bible's standards even

if they are judged by what scripture says.  

We should basically show we are Christians by how we act....because talk is cheap...yet be prepared to answer anyone regarding our faith...as scripture says we should.

If you can't remember all that, then a simple 'don't poke your finger someone elses' eye should suffice.  

Sounds like you might be thinking about something in particular?  Maybe not, but I kind of have the impression your are asking for a reason...

Well,if you are a Post Trib believer and you are a Christian your goose it cooked :mgcheerful: .If you believe that we will go through the tribulation there is going to be nothing that will save you unless you take the Mark.Are you saying that we should be quiet about our witnessing for the Lord because it would put us in jeopardy for being persecuted later?That is a pretty weak believer for Christ.

No, not at all. Even if you're a pre-tribber you still might face some persecution. We're seeing it happening now. Remember the bakers who were sued because they refused to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding? Now they were right to stand up for their beliefs because they were forced into a corner, but if nobody had asked for that cake they'd still be in business because nobody would have known.

What I am saying is, don't rock the boat now (unless you're forced to). It's not to avoid being persecuted in the future, it's to avoid being marginalised now. A marginalised Christian is no use in the future if we're put into a position to help others. In the future thousands of underground Christians are going to emerge and put up a fight for the truth. I'm not saying be an underground Christian (unless you live in Iran) - just don't reveal too much about yourself, behave Christian-like in your manner, but don't put yourself in a position where you can be arrested, tried or harrassed before the time is ready.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Well,if you are a Post Trib believer and you are a Christian your goose it cooked  :mgcheerful: .If you believe that we will go through the tribulation there is going to be nothing that will save you unless you take the Mark.Are you saying that we should be quiet about our witnessing for the Lord because it would put us in jeopardy for being persecuted later?That is a pretty weak believer for Christ.

So do you assume that God will not answer prayer or protect those who are His if we do go half or through the Tribulation?

That is a pretty weak believer for Christ

That is an unfair assumption IMO

I'll rephrase all what I have said:

You can put yourself on the line if you want to, but it's not wrong not to do so. My original question is 'can Christians withhold information, not should they?'

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

You can put yourself on the line if you want to, but it's not wrong not to do so. My original question is 'can Christians withhold information, not should they?'

Corrie ten Boom withheld information (that she was hiding Jews). I believe the Lord honored her for that. 

Midwives in egypt withheld information at the time of Moses and were honored for it. 

Jesus withheld information throughout His ministry. 

I believe there are times to be silent and times to be vocal. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak.....

I think perhaps you are asking if a Christian would be lying by omission if they withhold certain information,my answer (generally speaking) would be "sure they can"& if it is to protect themselves,their families or the lives of innocent people...understandably so.This is not to say one is denying Christ ...not at all.For example.....you are walking down a street in Iran with armed, militant,hostile Muslims everywhere........should you yell out"Hey ,over here! I am a Christian !!!!  That would be pretty stupid ,would it not? But if stopped & asked,are you a Christian?Well,,that would be another story,wouldn't it?

I hope none of us ever have to face persecution but if we ever do I pray we will have Gods strength in us to stand firm in the Lord

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Corrie ten Boom withheld information (that she was hiding Jews). I believe the Lord honored her for that. 

Midwives in egypt withheld information at the time of Moses and were honored for it. 

Jesus withheld information throughout His ministry. 

I believe there are times to be silent and times to be vocal. 

Corrie ten Boom. I'd never heard of her (it sounds like a joke name). I've just checked on Wikipedia. Thanks. You've just educated me. She was a Dutch Christian. I'm just going to check out more of her story.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Oak read The Hiding Place. An amazing story in the nazi death camps. One of the hardest things she had to do was years later when she was giving a talk. One of her former nazi guards came up to her and wanted to shake her hand and apologize to her. Imagine having to face that.