• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

We should test everything against the Word, because it is the final truth.

But we often get members who can't do that because they don't have a good grounding in scripture, (or have not been filled with the Holy Spirit), and that is why the Ministry is here. When we approach the bible as an instruction manual, or a history book, or a keeper of hidden signs, we fall short of what God wrote the bible for. He told us all we need to know. And He wrote it for simple people like me to understand.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Many years ago, when I first started to discuss on online forums, I learned very quickly that those who chose to communicate in such forums needed to have what is known as "thick skin", meaning not to be offended quickly.  The sites I ventured into at that time were not Christian sites, so flame wars were common.  When I did seek Christian Forums to discuss scripture, I found basically the same attitude, but with less graphic wording.  Then I found Worthy.  Worthy was not like the other sites I have been part of.  I came to expect a loving family, never having a mean word to say about another, always showing nothing but love.  When I did see I was wrong, I questioned those involved, which started a bit of a ruckus.  I was quick to learn that even Christians have strong words toward other Christians, and the tone is not always a pleasant one, more stern when needed, rebuking false teachings.

I will say that there will always be those whose zeal for the truth is overbearing at times, but is this really a fault?  Could it be that they have yet to learn how to communicate properly, in a  mature manner?  God know the heart of those who do so.  What may seem bad to us may just be a growing stage for another.

Be at peace with all and He may just allow you to see people grow in Christ through all this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings LadyKay....

I do understand exactly what you are saying ,I even know what you mean when you said "beating people over the head with the Bible",,,, some folks are still bound by pride & vanity which is the difference between self righteousness and righteousness(the righteousness of God)....... I think we have all gone through that stage & unfortunately some people may never get past it?We must pray for all who display this kind of behavior,hopefully when we consistently respond with love,it make make a difference................sometimes we must simply make a decision not to respond

Worthy is a beautiful place to learn from one another,Blessed by God......there will always be opposition where the Word of God is spoken,the enemy hates it ,,,,,,but we are the Body of Christ and no weapon formed against us will prosper,God Bless our Worthy Family!We will see many come & go but I do believe  the Spirit filled children of God are here to stay...the "your wrong & I am right" people don't seem to last long-lol

I am not here that long & have seen so much spiritual growth in some,people being Saved,miracles,Blessings,friendships formed,Wisdom shared,encouragement,prayer power,Praise & Worship........just  so much good that the little bit of pesky,argumentative few that are here,don't even make a dent.Just keep being you,LadyKay....you are a lovely Sister,Praise & Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Let me put it this way. If I post on here "It Is A Sin To Wear Pink!" Then I proceed to tell you why it is a sin. I am not posting that to gain learning. I am trying to force you into believing what I believe. And no matter what you say, I am going to keep beating you over the head until you accept that I am right. Now on the other hand lets say I post "Is It A Sin To Wear Pink?" Then I proceed to say something like "well I think it may be a sin to wear pink but what do you guys thing?' I am seeking learning and not just trying to force my believes on everyone.

So you see, I just thought that maybe it would be a good thing if we just try to keep this in mind when we post. Of cores not everyone will abide by this I know. But maybe if a few of us can step back and think about this before we post maybe it will avoid endless debates that have no real out come.  I am just trying to help.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Quote -- Let me put it this way. If I post on here "It Is A Sin To Wear Pink!" Then I proceed to tell you why it is a sin. I am not posting that to gain learning. I am trying to force you into believing what I believe. And no matter what you say, I am going to keep beating you over the head until you accept that I am right. Quote

What you describe can only happen if someone post a disagreement to the op. I see post that nobody answers just reads and moves on. takes two to tango.

quote -- Now on the other hand lets say I post "Is It A Sin To Wear Pink?" Then I proceed to say something like "well I think it may be a sin to wear pink but what do you guys thing?' I am seeking learning and not just trying to force my believes on everyone. --Quote

A question  can still backfire on you  the same as a statement; seen it before.

Quote -- So you see, I just thought that maybe it would be a good thing if we just try to keep this in mind when we post. Of cores not everyone will abide by this I know. But maybe if a few of us can step back and think about this before we post maybe it will avoid endless debates that have no real out come.  I am just trying to help. Quote

It would be a good thing ( sure would protect my thin skin ) I might be one that does not abide because thinking before i post slows me way down.

on a serious note with so many different people here; it is bound to happen that someone will disagree even. I think that is how we ended up with 

different denominations some thought one way and others thought another way. i say its like this turn it over and it like that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Well lady kay what u speak of is unavoidable. no matter what forum u go to u will see this some a lot more than others. i used to go to Christian chat a very popular christian forum and ppl posted a lot more than here but it was not a loving envirement like here. the bible discussion forum was the most popular part of it but no one discussed the bible there that place was an all out warzone i mean it was just brutal there. was very little love even though we called ourselves Christians. I tried to show everyone what was going on but they loved arguing far too much to listen.

This place however so far as i can tell is very easy going honestly the only thing i think could improve it is for ppl to post more often

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Let me put it this way. If I post on here "It Is A Sin To Wear Pink!" Then I proceed to tell you why it is a sin. I am not posting that to gain learning. I am trying to force you into believing what I believe. And no matter what you say, I am going to keep beating you over the head until you accept that I am right. Now on the other hand lets say I post "Is It A Sin To Wear Pink?" Then I proceed to say something like "well I think it may be a sin to wear pink but what do you guys thing?' I am seeking learning and not just trying to force my believes on everyone.

So you see, I just thought that maybe it would be a good thing if we just try to keep this in mind when we post. Of cores not everyone will abide by this I know. But maybe if a few of us can step back and think about this before we post maybe it will avoid endless debates that have no real out come.  I am just trying to help.

Exactly Lady.If you post "It is a sin to wear pink" you are right away saying that is what you believe no matter what anyone tells you.

But if you post "Is it a sin to wear pink" then you are inviting a discussion.No one feels threatened.There is always going to be someone who is going to argue and debate til the cows come home and want to get the last word in.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!! But let's face it, the system is broke. The disciples never agreed to disagree, they even got up in one another face from time to time, 41,000 different Christians denominations across the world, but wasn't it Christ, Himself that said a house divided can NOT stand. There is not your interpretation of scripture and my interpretation that makes truth. If you teach your way and I teach my way (and they are not the same) in the same church there is only confusion to the ones learning, iron sharpens Iron but for the better;unity not the worse; division. sharpens means for the better/to improve. yeah ok The relationship with God can be an individual one, But His Word is Truth. The truth, the Way and the Life. not 41,000 different truths. If we all have gotten to the point, that we are all right, then we have made a full loop as spiritual history repeats, and everyone was doing what was right in their own eyes!! the Methodist have their interpreted Bible that teaches their doctrine, the Baptist have their interpreted Bible that teaches their doctrine, and the Pentecostal have their interpreted Bible and so on and so on. The foundation is Christ: what has been built on that foundation by 41,000 different teachings is confusion. not truth.

Eph 6:13-14
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
KJV

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!! But let's face it, the system is broke. The disciples never agreed to disagree, they even got up in one another face from time to time, 41,000 different Christians denominations across the world, but wasn't it Christ, Himself that said a house divided can NOT stand. There is not your interpretation of scripture and my interpretation that makes truth. If you teach your way and I teach my way (and they are not the same) in the same church there is only confusion to the ones learning, iron sharpens Iron but for the better;unity not the worse; division. sharpens means for the better/to improve. yeah ok The relationship with God can be an individual one, But His Word is Truth. The truth, the Way and the Life. not 41,000 different truths. If we all have gotten to the point, that we are all right, then we have made a full loop as spiritual history repeats, and everyone was doing what was right in their own eyes!! the Methodist have their interpreted Bible that teaches their doctrine, the Baptist have their interpreted Bible that teaches their doctrine, and the Pentecostal have their interpreted Bible and so on and so on. The foundation is Christ: what has been built on that foundation by 41,000 different teachings is confusion. not truth.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

KJV

As long as a person knows their are many different interpretations and that their view is not the only view.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

KJV

As long as a person knows their are many different interpretations and that their view is not the only view.

And as long as their view and interpretation doesn't deviate one from truth, and if it does, it's when we have to try to correct it in a humble way. And that's how debates start lol