IGNORED

Moses killed man Exodus 2:12. Why it is OK? Or maybe not OK?

ProzacR

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi I started Exodus today. Another really interesting find. Moses killed man just because that man was beating slave. Exodus 2:11-12.

So it is considered as OK (correct behavior)? Why?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Obviously it wasn't ok or he would not have run off and hid for 40 years.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hi I started Exodus today. Another really interesting find. Moses killed man just because that man was beating slave. Exodus 2:11-12.

So it is considered as OK (correct behavior)? Why?

What do you think?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Does not look good at all from our culture point of view. Obviously govt. tried to kill him and he had to hide.

But I noticed that LORD God selected him to do His miracles later. Not so bad guy after all huh.

Edited by ProzacR

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Does not look good at all from our culture point of view. Obviously govt. tried to kill him and he had to hide.

But I noticed that LORD God selected him to do His miracles later. Not so bad guy after all huh.

The Lord does not choose us on our merits. He chose moses despite what moses did. Just like He saves us based on His grace, not on our deeds.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

edit: God does mot condone killing ever.

Murder, I would agree, but not killing. There is a difference.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Great subject. I have long been annoyed by the blaming of Moses on this one and neglect what the NT says on Moses, both in Acts and in Hebrews. The fact is that the Bible never criticizes Moses for killing that Egyptian in defense of the Israelite. The story itself (correct me by quotes if I am wrong) doesn't given enough data to blame Moses. Where does the story say "just because"? I think that Stephen's speech in Acts 7 indicates that Moses was a deliverer that the Lord sent who was (like Christ) rejected at his first coming. " 35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made you a ruler and a judge? him God has sent to be both a ruler and a deliverer with the hand of the angel that appeared to him in the bush." At the second coming of Moses, Moses was accepted, as Israel will accept Christ at His second coming.

Hebrews 11 also is important on Moses. "27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible."

So for me, Moses is innocent until proven guilty. It may have been necessary in delivering the slave from being beaten to kill the Egyptian -- in the course of a severe fight it may have become necessary. I don't see Moses as a hot-head, but as a disappointed would-be Savior of Israel savior in a greatly reduced sense in comparison with Christ).

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you are not innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of God he knows.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

As we know from many occasions spoken of about Moses ,he did have quite a temper.The Word of God does not give me any indication that Moses  defending his fellow Israelite was a pre-meditated act of murder.......his temper flared & in the heat of the moment he killed the man,he was terrified when he saw what he had done & realized that others saw him and we know how the story goes

I believe his remorse & repentance was accepted by God and it was not held against him.............God promises that when He forgives us He also says he will remember our sin no more......Moses suffered the consequence of his actions which many of us do despite Gods forgiveness,there is always ripple effect as a result of all of our deeds,good & bad.

Moses had many flaws,he was an imperfect human being.....but our Great God in Heaven,our Abba can use anyone to do His work......as we live in His righteousness

As Jade has replied,it is not our works that make us acceptable by God it is only by His Grace..................Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Acts 7:25 NKJV For he supposed that his brethern would have understood that God would deliver them by His hand. Moses apparently had been called by God from an early age to deliver his people. But he did not wait on God to do it in God's wisdom and power. Instead he went about it in his own strength and wisdom, presumptiously, and got himself into trouble. It took 40 years on the back side of the desert for Moses to learn his own shortcomings and to do things God's way.

Prov. 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man,

But its end is the way of death.