PetriFB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Friends, I really do not believe psalm 83 has been fulfilled through the 6 days war. As you know, more than one prophet usually speaks about any one event. Obadiah said a lot about the psalm 83 war. Read carefully (not my words):

Israel’s Borders Expand: The New Middle East

The Bible tells us that as a result of this massive military victory given to Israel from God via the IDF, the face of the Middle East will drastically change. Israel will significantly increase in size. The tiny nation of Israel as we currently know it will soon encompass a major portion of the Middle East. The nations that form this Arab coalition fall [for the most part] within the scope of land from the covenant that God made with Abraham. At the end of this war, Israel’s borders will be reset to that of, or very close to, the borders that God established for Israel in is covenant with Abraham. Genesis 15:18

Obadiah 1:19

19 The South shall possess the mountains of Esau [southern Jordan], and the Lowland shall possess Philistia [Gaza Strip]. They shall possess the fields of Ephraim and the fields of Samaria [West Bank]. Benjamin shall possess Gilead [West Bank & Golan Heights].

The Negev will possess Southern Jordan. The lowland of Judah will possess the Gaza Strip and the southern parts of the West Bank. Northern Israel will possess the northern part of the West Bank, the Golan Heights, much of northern Jordan, and southern Syria.

Jeremiah 49:2

Therefore behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD, “That I will cause to be heard an alarm of war In Rabbah of the Ammonites; It shall be a desolate mound, And her villages shall be burned with fire. Then Israel shall take possession of his inheritance,” says the LORD.

Much of modern-day Jordan was once part of the inheritance of Israel. The tribes of East Manasseh, Benjamin, Gad, and Reuben once possessed land that is presently under Jordanian sovereignty but this land will soon pass back to its rightful owner.

Isaiah 19:18-19

18 In that day five cities in the land of Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear by the LORD of hosts; one will be called the City of Destruction. 19 In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the LORD at its border.

Isaiah tells us that the expansion of Israeli sovereignty in the region will even reach into Egypt to some degree. Five Hebrew speaking cities will be established in the land of Egypt. There will be an altar erected to God as well as a pillar erected to God on the border.

Israel will be elevated to a condition of regional superiority due to their decisive victory over the Arab confederacy. As such, they dwell securely in the Middle East [for a time].

I believe this has to happen- Israel to dwell securely with expanded borders. I can see this for several reasons:

1. The Gog war with outer countries jealous of Israel's wealth and still fuming at their psalm 83 win will plan to come on down. Only this time, God Himself will intervene on their behalf. One of the prerequisites to the Gog war is that Israel has to be dwelling securely in their land. No way are they secure with Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi, and Egypt surrounding them.

2. The antichrist will need a platform to calm the fears of the masses especially if Israel goes nuclear against Damascus. (No doubt in response to Syria going biological or chemical first.)

Anyhow, this is long enough. Thoughts?

Spock out

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Friends, I really do not believe psalm 83 has been fulfilled through the 6 days war. As you know, more than one prophet usually speaks about any one event. Obadiah said a lot about the psalm 83 war. Read carefully (not my words):

Israel’s Borders Expand: The New Middle East

The Bible tells us that as a result of this massive military victory given to Israel from God via the IDF, the face of the Middle East will drastically change. Israel will significantly increase in size. The tiny nation of Israel as we currently know it will soon encompass a major portion of the Middle East. The nations that form this Arab coalition fall [for the most part] within the scope of land from the covenant that God made with Abraham. At the end of this war, Israel’s borders will be reset to that of, or very close to, the borders that God established for Israel in is covenant with Abraham. Genesis 15:18

Obadiah 1:19

19 The South shall possess the mountains of Esau [southern Jordan], and the Lowland shall possess Philistia [Gaza Strip]. They shall possess the fields of Ephraim and the fields of Samaria [West Bank]. Benjamin shall possess Gilead [West Bank & Golan Heights].

The Negev will possess Southern Jordan. The lowland of Judah will possess the Gaza Strip and the southern parts of the West Bank. Northern Israel will possess the northern part of the West Bank, the Golan Heights, much of northern Jordan, and southern Syria.

Jeremiah 49:2

Therefore behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD, “That I will cause to be heard an alarm of war In Rabbah of the Ammonites; It shall be a desolate mound, And her villages shall be burned with fire. Then Israel shall take possession of his inheritance,” says the LORD.

Much of modern-day Jordan was once part of the inheritance of Israel. The tribes of East Manasseh, Benjamin, Gad, and Reuben once possessed land that is presently under Jordanian sovereignty but this land will soon pass back to its rightful owner.

Isaiah 19:18-19

18 In that day five cities in the land of Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear by the LORD of hosts; one will be called the City of Destruction. 19 In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the LORD at its border.

Isaiah tells us that the expansion of Israeli sovereignty in the region will even reach into Egypt to some degree. Five Hebrew speaking cities will be established in the land of Egypt. There will be an altar erected to God as well as a pillar erected to God on the border.

Israel will be elevated to a condition of regional superiority due to their decisive victory over the Arab confederacy. As such, they dwell securely in the Middle East [for a time].

I believe this has to happen- Israel to dwell securely with expanded borders. I can see this for several reasons:

1. The Gog war with outer countries jealous of Israel's wealth and still fuming at their psalm 83 win will plan to come on down. Only this time, God Himself will intervene on their behalf. One of the prerequisites to the Gog war is that Israel has to be dwelling securely in their land. No way are they secure with Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi, and Egypt surrounding them.

2. The antichrist will need a platform to calm the fears of the masses especially if Israel goes nuclear against Damascus. (No doubt in response to Syria going biological or chemical first.)

Spock out

Do you think that despite being elevated to superiority that Israel will still be hated by the World, or will the World just fear and respect them because they are strong?

Good question oak wood,

Usually world opinion is skewed AGAINST Israel, so I'm not sure why this would be different. They could say as their rebuttal, "we were provoked, we didn't start this (Syria chemicals, Hamas rockets), but up until now, no one ever believes Israel's version.

Honestly, I don't see that changing.

I think Israel will still be hated which I think propels the antichrist to come in to broken a peace treaty. The antichrist will certainly RESPECT Israel, but obviously for personal gain.

Again, I see the Gog war to follow shortly after this psalm 83 war. Can't be dogmatic in number of years, but to me it seems to make sense. Of course, that and 25 cents won't even get you a cup of coffee.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Spock out

Spock, I believe you are way out.  Israel is not some holy nation during the end-times, its deeply rooted in evil just like it was during the Assyrian invasion, and the Babylonian invasion, and the Roman invasion. The only difference is that Israel will repent this time.

Prophecy is clear that the enemy will actually be succeeding against Israel when Jesus intervenes. This is impossible unless they are in sin, because God promised to always protect Israel unless they were in sin. then He would allow their enemies to dominate:

Joel 2: 11-13 For the day of the Lord is great and very terrible;    who can endure it? “Yet even now,” says the Lord,    “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;  and rend your hearts and not your garments.” Return to the Lord, your God,    for he is gracious and merciful

Ezekiel 39: 24 I dealt with them according to their uncleanness and their transgressions, and hid my face from them.

25 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for my holy name.26 They shall forget their shame, and all the treachery they have practiced against me, when they dwell securely in their land with none to make them afraid

Were there Godly people during the Roman invasion hoping for the blessing of Israel... or firstly  the repentance of Israel?

Were there Godly people during the Babylonian invasion hoping for the blessing of Israel.... or firstly the repentance of Israel?

The Egyptian invasion? The Assyrian invasion?

Leading up the Gog invasion and/or Armageddon we should be praying first for the repentance of Israel, and through their repentance they receive their blessing. This should be our hope for Israel. 

Argosy,

I still love you, bro.

Heads up: I've decided to take you out of my will though.

Ha

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Argosy,

I still love you, bro.

Ha

If you now have empty will space, I would be quite happy to relieve you of the burden of Argosy's share :cool2:

Argosy,

I still love you, bro.

Ha

If you now have empty will space, I would be quite happy to relieve you of the burden of Argosy's share :cool2:

And you deserve it too. But, if I die before my wife, you will have to take her out before you will be able to get at it. She has put up with a lot in marrying me and is more worthy to benefit from my demise than you or anyone else walking on this planet.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Argosy,

I still love you, bro.

Ha

Lol. Well you know me, I prefer a good detailed debate. An exchange of bible verses to support one's position.  But your diplomatic approach is cool too.

But really, what would you have done in 69AD when you see a bunch of godless leaders leading Israel, and the Roman army about to attack?  Support Israel against Rome, when you know its an army of judgment? I wont be on either parties side at the Gog war until Israel repents. Israel will be in sin during its time of unsuspecting peace.

It is never my intention to brow beat anyone to believe as I do. That is arrogance. I struggle enough with this sin in many other facets of my life. Don't want to here.

I can see we see things differently, so what more can I do except have a good time fellowshipping with my brother.

You made it clear you see Jesus where I see antichrist in Daniel 9.

My desire is mostly to share and let you think about it. If you reject it, maybe you are wise to do so. Lol or maybe you are not. Haha

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,188
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Spock,

I am replying to your post #47 where you think that Israel will expand their borders in the future. Well here we have a very easy point to observe as we go along. I know that in the 6-day war (Ps. 83 I believe) Israel greatly increased its borders, & that is the main point of contention for the surrounding nations. Each so-called peace treaty is demanding of Israel to `give back` the land they won. So bit by bit Israel, for the sake of peace with its neighbours is giving back land. So I obviously think that more & more land from Israel, will be divided up & taken. The Lord tells us that this is one of the very reasons that He will judge the nations.

`I will gather all nations, & bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat, then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of My people & My inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations; and they have DIVIDED UP MY LAND.`  (Joel 3: 2)

We will wait & see, ay.