IGNORED

Do we have an appointed time of death?

missmuffet

Guest Butero

I do believe there is an appointed time for everyone to die, and I do believe the way we die is also appointed.  Then again, I believe everything we do is set In stone, including my decision to read and comment in this thread.  We have no way to know when that will be, but God knows.  Before anyone asks, I do realize what that means. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I truly believe there's an appointed time for death.

Hebrews 9:27

King James Version (KJV)

And as it is appointed (designate to fill; to fix or set by authority) unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

God knows our beginning...

I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Jeremiah 1:5 King James Version

Surly He knows our end...

O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Psalm 139:1-6 King James Version

Free will a gift from God sets the stage for us. How we use it determines our out come. We must strive to live godly and repentance lives...which leads to a victorious life here on earth and later living a life with God for eternity. On the other hand...if we desire to live a sin filled life...refusing to turn from our wicked ways...it will lead to death...where being cast into the lake of fire..is our reward. Yet before that happens, God will do everything in His power, love, mercy and grace to keep us from going to hell.

God like our earthy parents know when to say enough is enough. Enough maybe...Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Matthew 25:21. Or... “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, buthe who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness! Matthew 7:21-23.

I do believe there is an appointed time for everyone to die, and I do believe the way we die is also appointed. 

Then again, I believe everything we do is set In stone, including my decision to read and comment in this thread. 

We have no way to know when that will be, but God knows. 

Before anyone asks, I do realize what that means. 

:)

I Believe

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

God Has My Very Best

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

In His Thoughts

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

So I Rejoice

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Isaiah 15:16

And Trust

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

I agree with Kwikphilly, Williamina, Butero, and 2Joyful and really love the verses they used. 

We also must remember that Hezekiah was appointed to die but by pray had his life lengthened 15 years, II Kings 20:1-11; Isaiah 38.  But the heart of Hezekiah was not as upright after this time as before:

24)  In those days Hezekiah was sick and near to death, and he prayed to the LORD: and He spoke to him, and He gave him a sign.

25)  But Hezekiah rendered not again according to the benefit done to him; for his heart was lifted up: therefore there was wrath upon him, and upon Judah and Jerusalem.

II Chronicles 32:24-25

Who knows maybe if the last sight that Manasseh saw of his father was a man devoted to God, his reign would have been great instead of one of the worse if not worse in Judah.  For 15 years Manasseh saw his father departing from God, what a bad example to leave your child. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

My thoughts take me in the opposite direction. I believe God is capable of seeing the past, present and future. Yes he gave each one of us free will and he can look at our life in the past, present or future any time to see what our free will choices are doing in our lives. I believe he has the power to step in if he wants to for any of us. He gave us 120 years as the most one can live. So if you are raised in the right environment you may make it 120 years or just 91 years. On the other hand if your environment is much different you may leave this world anywhere between 1 day on earth up to 120 years. When two people are placed on earth in identical situations the out come of that environment is not always the same. If two are raised in an abusive home one grows to think it is ok and cares it into their adult life the other sees how bad it is a vows not to let that be a part of their adult life.  God said the sins of the father would be visited upon the children. I take that to me some children will follow in their fathers footsteps and continue to sin others wont. Many young people die today from alcohol; I do not think God appointed that young person to get drunk and drive at 16 years and 201 days old. Whether that person learned getting drunk from father and uncles or the person never was around anyone drunk and was talked into trying it for the first time by their peers. I believe God gave us free will; that freewill can be mis-used and can cause early death or it can teach one not to go there again and prevent an untimely death.

I do not think God micro manages free will in the human being.

Our free will is open for us to come to God or reject him. Our free will can determine if overdose on drugs at 15. Our free will can 

also help us to live a long healthy life. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

It is appointed unto man once to die. It is like the Rapture, liable to happen at any time so far as we know.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I do believe there is an appointed time for everyone to die, and I do believe the way we die is also appointed.  Then again, I believe everything we do is set In stone, including my decision to read and comment in this thread.  We have no way to know when that will be, but God knows.  Before anyone asks, I do realize what that means. 

Ok so before you were saved God appointed you to lie in a coma for a year and then die of cancer? 

And God is pulling your strings like you are a puppet? Was He doing this before you were saved, or only after?

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I truly believe there's an appointed time for death.

Hebrews 9:27

King James Version (KJV)

And as it is appointed (designate to fill; to fix or set by authority) unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

God knows our beginning...

I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Jeremiah 1:5 King James Version

Surly He knows our end...

O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Psalm 139:1-6 King James Version

Free will a gift from God sets the stage for us. How we use it determines our out come. We must strive to live godly and repentance lives...which leads to a victorious life here on earth and later living a life with God for eternity. On the other hand...if we desire to live a sin filled life...refusing to turn from our wicked ways...it will lead to death...where being cast into the lake of fire..is our reward. Yet before that happens, God will do everything in His power, love, mercy and grace to keep us from going to hell.

God like our earthy parents know when to say enough is enough. Enough maybe...Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Matthew 25:21. Or... “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, buthe who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness! Matthew 7:21-23.

Of course we are appointed to die, but show me where it says God sets the date?

Guest Butero

Ok so before you were saved God appointed you to lie in a coma for a year and then die of cancer? 

And God is pulling your strings like you are a puppet? Was He doing this before you were saved, or only after?

I said I know what my comment means.  The way a person dies was determined before they were formed in the womb.   Everything was decided before I was formed by God in the womb, and that includes my decision to get saved.  It was determined back in the eons of time that you would ask me these questions, and I would give you the answer I am giving you.  You can ask me follow up questions, but you will get a similar answer. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I said I know what my comment means.  The way a person dies was determined before they were formed in the womb.   Everything was decided before I was formed by God in the womb, and that includes my decision to get saved.  It was determined back in the eons of time that you would ask me these questions, and I would give you the answer I am giving you.  You can ask me follow up questions, but you will get a similar answer. 

I do not believe that these things are pre-determined. They are known.