• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

In the OT it is under the law. It was a looking unto. The atonement had not yet been applied. Therefore eye for eye was just. Once the atonment has been applied 'by grace we receive' so no one is justified in pointing fingers and certainly as Christian we do not have a right to take someones life.

If I am forced into a choice of my life or his; I have the right to defend my self, not turn the other cheek.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I appreciate our law and order, though it is flawed it is still better than most.

I think the key point here is the acknowledgement that church and state do not mix.

We know that this world is not redeemable - so let the dead bury the dead.

Jesus said to put away the sword because this is not His kingdom.

We can pose a lot of 'what - ifs' but this makes the scripture of non effect because God is omniscient and omnipotent and He cares for His children.

Well just let me put you all on notice that if someone dies and they make me king we will not have the death penalty in my kingdom...

And I am putting everyone on notice that I would not only keep the death penalty for 1st degree murder, but I would expand the death penalty to other violent crimes.  I have guidelines from scripture how God feels about the death penalty.  I am not more just than God.  He gave the death penalty for rape of a married woman, adultery,witchcraft, homosexual acts and many other things.  He did that knowing that there would be times when an innocent person would be put to death.  I would not necessarily institute it in all of the same transgressions, but I certainly don't believe I would be wrong to do so. 

Could you make a way so we do not support the criminals for 30 years; Im really against them getting better medical with my money than I can afford for myself with what money is left over. maybe one trial, one appeal then maybe one month set personal stuff in order.

I appreciate our law and order, though it is flawed it is still better than most.

I think the key point here is the acknowledgement that church and state do not mix.

We know that this world is not redeemable - so let the dead bury the dead.

Jesus said to put away the sword because this is not His kingdom.

We can pose a lot of 'what - ifs' but this makes the scripture of non effect because God is omniscient and omnipotent and He cares for His children.

Yes he does care for his children they are christians not rapist and murderers.

rapist and murderers are potential children only.

The only reason church and state do not mix is non christian congress and non christian Judges

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well just let me put you all on notice that if someone dies and they make me king we will not have the death penalty in my kingdom...

And I am putting everyone on notice that I would not only keep the death penalty for 1st degree murder, but I would expand the death penalty to other violent crimes.  I have guidelines from scripture how God feels about the death penalty.  I am not more just than God.  He gave the death penalty for rape of a married woman, adultery,witchcraft, homosexual acts and many other things.  He did that knowing that there would be times when an innocent person would be put to death.  I would not necessarily institute it in all of the same transgressions, but I certainly don't believe I would be wrong to do so. 

Could you make a way so we do not support the criminals for 30 years; Im really against them getting better medical with my money than I can afford for myself with what money is left over. maybe one trial, one appeal then maybe one month set personal stuff in order.

yes, put them to work as we did 50 years ago...  just don't let them out in society....  and don't treat them like kids, if they refuse to do anything then just put them in a cage and leave them there....   it doesn't cost that much to feed them with basics that the other inmates grow.

Guest shiloh357

I agree and I also think that prison ought to be a living hell.  Prison should be a frightening place to be.  It should be a place where people ought to be terrified to be.  Prison to be a deterrent needs to be a place of absolute pain, misery, stark raving terror, deprivation, and there should be no mercy, no relief until the debt has been paid.  And horror stories should come out of the prison system of just how bad it is.

Make it a real deterrent and we would probably see few 1st degree murders.   It's way of things.  Curb crime the same way we could curb terrorism.  Make the price for committing the crime higher than the criminal wants to pay.

yes, put them to work as we did 50 years ago...  just don't let them out in society....  and don't treat them like kids, if they refuse to do anything then just put them in a cage and leave them there....   it doesn't cost that much to feed them with basics that the other inmates grow.

basic average is $130.00 per day per inmate. About 48 grand a year per inmate more than most law abiding 

people make a year. Usually times 20 or more years. Most turn to islam or gangs not God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It is definitely justified in the bible. Like the story in the book of Numbers where that wood gatherer was stoned for gathering wood on the Sabbath.