Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

oh...while over in another thread, I guess this thread was playing in the background because I was thinking of prayer to dead sainted people which of course Christians do not participate in

as it is not in the Bible and for that matter, Jesus never addressed it either...most likely because He does not want us doing that

However, Jesus Himself does intercede for us...and I KNOW God answers those prayers!!! bigsmile_20.png

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

oh...while over in another thread, I guess this thread was playing in the background because I was thinking of prayer to dead sainted people which of course Christians do not participate in

as it is not in the Bible and for that matter, Jesus never addressed it either...most likely because He does not want us doing that

However, Jesus Himself does intercede for us...and I KNOW God answers those prayers!!! bigsmile_20.png

I see turtle...

sea turtle...I love underwater life and sea turtles are among my favorites!   :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Oh yes! I am so very glad God has taken the scales from my eyes to

see the wonder in The Works of His Hands. All that contain the breath

of life and even in His Glory He divides that into the distinction of

diversity of land and water... after it's kind. Love, Steven

God's creation is breathtaking!!  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/27/1971

First, no it's not worship and it is Bibical to pray to the Saints (Heb 12:1), if it is then you need to stop praying to others to pray for you. 

Heb 12:1 does not mention praying to dead people or people in heaven. 

Hebrews 12 
1 Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us , and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

When I ask people to pray for me, I do not light a candle, I do not kneel before a statue of them. I do not bow my head and say oh blessed person hear my prayer. I do not pray to people to ask them to pray for me. Praying to saints as you do or as catholics do is idolatry.

You have no idea how I ask the Saints for pray, so do not pretend to know. When you make a request of someone you are praying to them

to make earnest petition to (a person).

to make petition or entreaty for; crave

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pray

So yes you are praying to someone when you make a request. Christians do not die we go to our reward, we are still alive and form a great cloud of witnesses.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Yes the Bible is the Word of God also the will of God whether one wants to believe it is the Word of God or not.  Jesus Christ is the fullfillment of God's word from the beginning (Alpha) and the end (Omega).  Either one will believe the record God has given or they want it's that simple.

Guest shiloh357

First, no it's not worship and it is Bibical to pray to the Saints (Heb 12:1), if it is then you need to stop praying to others to pray for you. 

Heb 12:1 does not mention praying to dead people or people in heaven. 

Hebrews 12 
1 Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us , and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

When I ask people to pray for me, I do not light a candle, I do not kneel before a statue of them. I do not bow my head and say oh blessed person hear my prayer. I do not pray to people to ask them to pray for me. Praying to saints as you do or as catholics do is idolatry.

You have no idea how I ask the Saints for pray, so do not pretend to know. When you make a request of someone you are praying to them

to make earnest petition to (a person).

to make petition or entreaty for; crave

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pray

So yes you are praying to someone when you make a request. Christians do not die we go to our reward, we are still alive and form a great cloud of witnesses.

The saints can't see you and they can't hear you.  And certainly can't do anything for you.   The "cloud of witnesses" the Bible is referring to are the OT examples of the faithful saints who were also witnesses to the faithfulness of God.  It has NOTHING to do with "saints" that have been canonized by the RCC or any other denomination.   The Bible simply says we have a cloud (figurative for a great number) of witnesses (OT believers who serve as a collective witness) to what it means to live by faith.

Christians pray to the Lord and they do so through the aid of the Holy Spirit. Christians don't pray to saints or to Mary or to anyone else.  Jesus and Jesus alone is our source.

Praying to saints is pagan and unscriptural.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Heb 4:16  Therefore let us come boldly to the throne of grace,

that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 

Only God can hear our prayers.

Only God can answer our prayers.

No one in heaven has any greater access to God's throne than we do through prayer.

Mary and the saints are not omniscient.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Yes we are to make our prayer requests or petitions known to God praying in faith to the Heavenly Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  It is through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ that the saints or believers have gained access to the Father and there is no other way man can be reconciled with God.  Jesus is the only mediator between God and man.  He was that sinless or spotless sacrificial lamb.  Saints or believers before or after us do not possess or have any authority in and of themselves to approach our Heavenly Father but Jesus ever liveth and makes intercession for us. It is only in the name of Jesus and in his authority we can approach God himself making our prayer request and petitions known to God.  Believers or saints of God should not pray to or through the virgin Mary nor too any dead or alive saints. For It is the wrong way and deception.  Mankind did not nor could they conquer death, hell or the grave.  It took the blood of Jesus Christ to make reconciliation between God and man restoring the broken fellowship with the Father that was lost because of sin and not man.