• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1942

That's a reasonable position, though if you're not a Christian I don't see why you would think whether they're YEC or not is going to affect whether they go to Heaven or not.

I last believed the world was created in six days in 1954. When my Presbyterian minister pushed me on the issue with his Westminster Confession, I (like almost all other teenage boys) stopped going to church.  When I started college in 1960 I started questioning my agnosticism and became a Seeker.  By 1961 I had gotten as far as Arianism (from believing the Gospel of Mark plus the Major Prophets from the OT), by 1962 I was trinitarian (accepting all three Synoptic gospels), by 1963 I was first ready to accept all the Bible--but based on the authority of the Church (as a Roman Catholic catechumen).  That blew up when the priest insisted Natural Law implied anyone not a Christian would go to Hell.  But by 1969 I could find a more liberal priest, got baptized and committed to believing the whole Bible (all 72 books).  At that point I could first have taken Bryan College's oath.  Until 1992, that is, when I broke from the Roman Catholic Church and no longer had a reason to believe the whole Bible.  And I still don't.  The obligation to believe the whole Bible (all 72 books) did not come until the Council of Trent in 1545 to 1563, but that Roman Catholic decision does not apply to me as a Lutheran--we broke away in 1517.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Too many of the big name Bible colleges are loosening their stance on many of the Biblical doctrine... glad to see someone stand and tell it like it is. There is only one Bible and it is plain teaching to the one who has ears to hear! Let the profs go... get some good ones in there!!!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,743
  • Content Per Day:  1.18

I agree that it is difficult to be a Christian while believing that man originates from "lower" life forms. But my impression is that those professors, despite their ontological and epistemological predicament, still believe in God and Jesus. 

they still believe that the Trinity exists and they 'worship' him but how can you worship someone you claim to have lied, and is incapable of telling their followers the truth?

Assuming that they still believe in God and Jesus with all their heart, will they be punished in the afterlife for having made the mistake of holding an evolutionary position?

that depends upon God. he alone is in charge of who enters heaven and resides with him but keep in mind that God said that liars will not enter his kingdom.  lying is a sin and those professors are lying about God, what he did and what took place in the beginning so you need to do the math. if they do not repent of those sins, it is a good chance they will miss out on heaven but I am not the last word on this issue.

These are good questions. If Jesus mentioned a literal Adam and Eve, then I really do not see how they can be called Christians. But did He? I have no clue.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

These are good questions. If Jesus mentioned a literal Adam and Eve, then I really do not see how they can be called Christians. But did He? I have no clue.

Siegi,

If you have no clue, get a German Bible (Luther's translation from 1545, not the later corrupted revisions) and read the Gospels and the words of the Lord Jesus Christ. God never intended us to be clueless.

[Getting the quotes to work properly is a problem]

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/24/1942

The name "Adam" not only is not said by Jesus, but in the four gospels it occurs only in the genealogy in Luke..  At age 13 it bothered me that the world was older than 6000 years, but for 54 years I have been a Christian without believing it or believing it is possible.  I have been variously Methodist, Roman Catholic, Episcopalian and now Lutheran as a theistic evolutionist and still can't imagine believing the world Is only 6000 years old.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

DAYTON, Tenn. – Several professors at a Christian college in Tennessee have announced they will be resigning after the school’s leadership affirmed that Adam and Eve were historical people, specially created by God.

As previously reported, Bryan College is a small evangelical Christian school in Dayton, Tennessee, with a total enrollment of approximately 1,400 students. In February, the school added a brief clarification to its statement of belief in order to clear up any ambiguity about the school’s stance on the origin of humans.

“We believe that all humanity is descended from Adam and Eve,” the statement says. “They are historical persons created by God in a special formative act, and not from previously existing life forms.” http://christiannews.net/2014/05/12/professors-resign-from-christian-college-as-creationevolution-rift-continues/

~

Oh The Shame~!

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Whatever Is A Simple Bible Believer To Do?

If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:19-22

Beloved, What Do You Think?

This seems the people who are resigned from their jobs ,, are not born again people,, This is making me confusion,, i will go and check the given link,, 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

DAYTON, Tenn. – Several professors at a Christian college in Tennessee have announced they will be resigning after the school’s leadership affirmed that Adam and Eve were historical people, specially created by God.

As previously reported, Bryan College is a small evangelical Christian school in Dayton, Tennessee, with a total enrollment of approximately 1,400 students. In February, the school added a brief clarification to its statement of belief in order to clear up any ambiguity about the school’s stance on the origin of humans.

“We believe that all humanity is descended from Adam and Eve,” the statement says. “They are historical persons created by God in a special formative act, and not from previously existing life forms.” http://christiannews.net/2014/05/12/professors-resign-from-christian-college-as-creationevolution-rift-continues/

~

Oh The Shame~!

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Whatever Is A Simple Bible Believer To Do?

If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:19-22

Beloved, What Do You Think?

I went to read the stuff in your link,, 

i have found this,,

''''''Two-and-a-half months after Bryan College issued the statement of belief clarification, the school remains under heavy fire from evolutionists. Jerry Coyne, a well-known evolutionist professor at the University of Chicago, alleged that the school’s statement flies in the face of “science.”''

I think the Christian college people did the mistake to recruit the Evolutionist professor.  I think this is big mistake,,

Let us pray for that college,, 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Amen~!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

the trouble is these professors take these jobs knowing that they disagree with the Bible and the school's position.it is up to them to either not acept the job offer or resign when they feel they cannot agree with the school's theological position.  they do not have the right to change the views of the school or influence the students away from God and the truth.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

There is no conflict between Adam and Eve being actual people from which we all descended, and evolution.  

Seems like much ado about nothing.