• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Johnlove,

I'm glad to see you posting in worthyboard, it's a great place to meet other Christians

Can I ask you one question without getting defensive?

I don't know which church you are going and I remember when I was younger I believed in God but didn't realize what Jesus did in my life and it was after believing John 3:16 that I really gave my heart to the Lord and realize that I was a sinner from birth and that I am never going to be perfect unless I reach heaven.

Jesus LOVES you and want your hearth and it doesn't matter how much we know what is in the Bible the most important thing is that we apply it in our life.

Did you ever read John 3:16 and put your name in that verse?

Do you have a relationship with Jesus?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Going around in circles here. Soooooooooo I'm pretty much done with this thread. Other topics are on boards to check out. Enjoy this thread. See ya guys in another thread.  :emot-wave:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Hi Johnlove,

I'm glad to see you posting in worthyboard, it's a great place to meet other Christians

I don't know which church you are going and I remember when I was younger I believed in God but didn't realize what Jesus did in my life and it was after believing John 3:16 that I really gave my heart to the Lord and realize that I was a sinner from birth and that I am never going to be perfect unless I reach heaven.

Jesus LOVES you and want your hearth and it doesn't matter how much we know what is in the Bible the most important thing is that we apply it in our life.

You asked so I will tell you.  Know this though, I am no longer am posting on the Forums because Jesus tells me to do so. 

Now posting is just because I enjoy sharing what Jesus has personally taught me.

When in my late thirties I was a Catholic who went to Mass and Communion every day.

Jesus called me into his ministry, and after two years I said yes.  It was hard for me to believe I could be a minister for God.  I was just married with two babies, and thought being a minister was a priest.

After finely accepting Jesus’ call, I asked what seminary to attend.  Jesus told me:"NO! Don’t read about me, I will teach you about me."

Next Jesus asked me to give him my life.  About to say yes when the Holy Spirit let me know that if I gave my life to Jesus I would lose everything I owned.

A few months later found me living in a tent with my young wife, three babies, and a dog.  I not only lost everything, but also my way of making a living was taken from me.

For the next forty some years I followed Jesus/Holy Spirit where ever led.

God has made a home in me and Jesus is in constant communication with me at all times.

Jesus has come into my living room, and sat next to me to teach me.  He once, sitting next to me, had me open the bible and used the written Word of God to show me where it tells us a Christian is dead to sin. 

He not only taught me that but explained to me how he made it possible for Christians to not sin.

Jesus has shown himself to me and has called me out by name.  He also told me he is God, and that the bible is the written Word of God, and he told me to get more into the bible.  By the way the only bible I had was the Jerusalem Bible.  Jesus did not have a problem having it called his written Word.

Jesus/Holy Spirit will never lead one to sin, and if a person follows God they will always receive the grace to resist Satan/sin.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Johnlove,

You asked so I will tell you.  Know this though, I am no longer am posting on the Forums because Jesus tells me to do so. 

Now posting is just because I enjoy sharing what Jesus has personally taught me.

When in my late thirties I was a Catholic who went to Mass and Communion every day.

Jesus called me into his ministry, and after two years I said yes.  It was hard for me to believe I could be a minister for God.  I was just married with two babies, and thought being a minister was a priest.

After finely accepting Jesus’ call, I asked what seminary to attend.  Jesus told me:"NO! Don’t read about me, I will teach you about me."

Next Jesus asked me to give him my life.  About to say yes when the Holy Spirit let me know that if I gave my life to Jesus I would lose everything I owned.

A few months later found me living in a tent with my young wife, three babies, and a dog.  I not only lost everything, but also my way of making a living was taken from me.

God has made a home in me and Jesus is in constant communication with me at all times.

Jesus has come into my living room, and sat next to me to teach me.  He once, sitting next to me, had me open the bible and used the written Word of God to show me where it tells us a Christian is dead to sin. 

He not only taught me that but explained to me how he made it possible for Christians to not sin.

Jesus has shown himself to me and has called me out by name.  He also told me he is God, and that the bible is the written Word of God, and he told me to get more into the bible.  By the way the only bible I had was the Jerusalem Bible.  Jesus did not have a problem having it called his written Word.

Jesus/Holy Spirit will never lead one to sin, and if a person follows God they will always receive the grace to resist Satan/sin.

Thank you for sharing your life story!

"Yes" Jesus forgave us all our sins when we accept Him,but since we still are in our earthly body so  we do sin...but God in His grace will forgive us our sins if we ask for forgiveness:)

I am filled with the Holy Spirit too but there are times that I know that I might have thoughts or anything in my life not pleasing the Lord and will ask for forgiveness,you never have those moments?

Where are you living now?

Hi Johnlove,

Thank you for sharing your life story!

"Yes" Jesus forgave us all our sins when we accept Him,but since we still are in our earthly body so  we do sin...but God in His grace will forgive us our sins if we ask for forgiveness:)

I am filled with the Holy Spirit too but there are times that I know that I might have thoughts or anything in my life not pleasing the Lord and will ask for forgiveness,you never have those moments?

Where are you living now?

First if one who has been given the knowledge of the truth, and deliberately commits a sin there is no longer any repentance for such a person.

A Spiritual Christian will not deliberately sin.

What I shared with you is a long way from my life's story.

My wife died six years ago, and I am now living with one of my children.

Jesus taught me to live his whole Word.  Do not store up for one's future.  On can't be a disciple of Jesus unless he or she gives up all his or her possessions.

disobeying any part of God's Word is a sin.

Jesus said to offer the evil person no resistance, and to love one's enemies.  

Yet how many so called Spiritual Christian live God's Word?

Guest shiloh357

What about Peter who denied Jesus three times. Thats a biggie. Was he forgiven when he asked. He did it three times. Don't forget he did it three times.

Yes Peter did that, and that was before he received the Holy Spirit.  Paul told us in Romans seven just how impossible it is for one to not sin, before he or she receives the Holy Spirit.

The following verse tells us how God made it possible to never sin again.

By the way if you say the a Christian will sin then you are contradicting John, and that is contradicting the written Word of God.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

A better translation says it this way: 

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

(1Jn 3:9) ~ ESV

This is more consistent with the Greek than whatever version you are using.  

The NIV renders it this way:  No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. (I John 3:9)

Again, this is better and agrees with the Greek.  

It refers not to committing a single sin but making habit of sin.

**Comment removed**  

No translation of any authorized bible ever made up such a lie.  Your quote contradicts it self.  One does not need to practice sinning.

I am using the most reliable translations available in English today.   You are using the "Good News" Bible which is more of a paraphrase and not an official translation.   So the version you are employing to make your case isn't regarded as an "authorized" translation."

My quote doesn't contradict itself at all.  I quoted the ESV, and the NIV and both agree with the Greek whereas your Good News Bible doesn't agree with the Greek because it is not tranlated from the Greek.  it a paraphrased English Bible an as such, is not a reliable version for study or understanding of Scripture.

Paul did not say those who practice sinning would not enter the kingdom of God.  No one who sins will never enter the kingdom of God/Heaven.

By your standard Paul went hell because Paul harbored unforgiveness toward John Mark after John Mark deserted him on his first missionary journey.   Paul said He was the chief of sinners.   So by your standard, Paul went to hell.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

In context, Paul isn't talking about Christians in those verses.  Here is the context:

When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers?  To have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded? But you yourselves wrong and defraud--even your own brothers! Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

(1Co 6:1-11)

Paul was addressing the fact that the Corinthian Christians were having their internal differences and disagreements settled in the secular courts of the city of Corinth.  They were taking the affairs of the church and having them judged by sinful, pagan magistrates.

These magistrates were sexually immoral, they were idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, thieves greedy, drunkards, etc. and Paul's point was these people, these pagan magistrates will not inherit the kingdom of God.  "Why should we as Christians who will one day judge the angels have our matters settled in pagan courts,"  Paul said.  Paul is adominshing them  that these pagans, these sinful pagan magistrates have no standing in the church and it is not fitting that they should arbitrate matters of pertaining to the affairs of God's people.

So you are completely missing what is being said by Paul in that passage.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I love paying customers...straight, gay, or indifferent. But I'd rather not know your sexual persuasion.

What about Peter who denied Jesus three times. Thats a biggie. Was he forgiven when he asked. He did it three times. Don't forget he did it three times.

Yes Peter did that, and that was before he received the Holy Spirit.  Paul told us in Romans seven just how impossible it is for one to not sin, before he or she receives the Holy Spirit.

The following verse tells us how God made it possible to never sin again.

By the way if you say the a Christian will sin then you are contradicting John, and that is contradicting the written Word of God.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

A better translation says it this way: 

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

(1Jn 3:9) ~ ESV

This is more consistent with the Greek than whatever version you are using.  

The NIV renders it this way:  No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. (I John 3:9)

Again, this is better and agrees with the Greek.  

It refers not to committing a single sin but making habit of sin.

**Comment removed**  

No translation of any authorized bible ever made up such a lie.  Your quote contradicts it self.  One does not need to practice sinning.

I am using the most reliable translations available in English today.   You are using the "Good News" Bible which is more of a paraphrase and not an official translation.   So the version you are employing to make your case isn't regarded as an "authorized" translation."

My quote doesn't contradict itself at all.  I quoted the ESV, and the NIV and both agree with the Greek whereas your Good News Bible doesn't agree with the Greek because it is not tranlated from the Greek.  it a paraphrased English Bible an as such, is not a reliable version for study or understanding of Scripture.

Paul did not say those who practice sinning would not enter the kingdom of God.  No one who sins will never enter the kingdom of God/Heaven.

By your standard Paul went hell because Paul harbored unforgiveness toward John Mark after John Mark deserted him on his first missionary journey.   Paul said He was the chief of sinners.   So by your standard, Paul went to hell.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

In context, Paul isn't talking about Christians in those verses.  Here is the context:

When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers?  To have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded? But you yourselves wrong and defraud--even your own brothers! Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

(1Co 6:1-11)

Paul was addressing the fact that the Corinthian Christians were having their internal differences and disagreements settled in the secular courts of the city of Corinth.  They were taking the affairs of the church and having them judged by sinful, pagan magistrates.

These magistrates were sexually immoral, they were idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, thieves greedy, drunkards, etc. and Paul's point was these people, these pagan magistrates will not inherit the kingdom of God.  "Why should we as Christians who will one day judge the angels have our matters settled in pagan courts,"  Paul said.  Paul is adominshing them  that these pagans, these sinful pagan magistrates have no standing in the church and it is not fitting that they should arbitrate matters of pertaining to the affairs of God's people.

So you are completely missing what is being said by Paul in that passage.

Is that so? YOU are totally wrong.  The following scripture explains how Paul talked to Christians who still sinned.

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ.  What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual.  Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

Christian who sin are infants in Christ, not yet spiritual. 

Here again is what Paul said: (1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who

is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

Edited by Johnlove

~

Dear John

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

When Believers Fall Short Of The Glory Of God

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

They Are Christians Yet No Holy Spirit?

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:13-14

Because They Sinned?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

~

Brother John

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10

Stand Fast, Keep The Faith

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Dear John

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

When Believers Fall Short Of The Glory Of God

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

They Are Christians Yet No Holy Spirit?

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:13-14

Because They Sinned?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

~

Brother John

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10

Stand Fast, Keep The Faith

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Love, Your Brother Joe

One shows he or she believes in Jesus by obeying him.  No one will ever enter the kingdom of God unless he or she live the whole Word of God.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven.  When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’  Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”