IGNORED

Isaiah 47: is America this present age's Babylon?

*Zion*

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Where did the children of Israel get the idea to make a gold calf in false worship while Moses was upon Mt. Sinai? They used the gold and such they brought out of Egypt for that idol.

Exodus 32

And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

when Aaron was approached as to what happened, here is what he said:

Ex 32:23-24

23 For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

24 And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.

KJV

I would think that since God didn't seem to confront him about making the calf.    So in my mind I can see him putting the gold into the fire and then taking his tools to put adding touches on the calf.

So to answer your question I'd say that it was something from the dark side at work...

That calf was hand graven, with tools, like that Exodus 32:4 verse says. It didn't happen from magic of just throwing gold in the fire. They learned about that kind of calf worship from the Egyptians (research the Apis bull of the pagan Egyptians).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

Where did the children of Israel get the idea to make a gold calf in false worship while Moses was upon Mt. Sinai? They used the gold and such they brought out of Egypt for that idol.

Exodus 32

And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

23 For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

24 And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.

KJV

I would think that since God didn't seem to confront him about making the calf.    So in my mind I can see him putting the gold into the fire and then taking his tools to put adding touches on the calf.

So to answer your question I'd say that it was something from the dark side at work...

That calf was hand graven, with tools, like that Exodus 32:4 verse says. It didn't happen from magic of just throwing gold in the fire. They learned about that kind of calf worship from the Egyptians (research the Apis bull of the pagan Egyptians).

.....  and I would say that the tools used in Exodus 32:4 were applied after the calf was created in the fire as Aaron explained to Moses....     you focus on one verse and that's ok for you, but I need to reconcile all of the scripture together to make up my mind.  

Exodus 32

KJV

.....  and I would say that the tools used in Exodus 32:4 were applied after the calf was created in the fire as Aaron explained to Moses....     you focus on one verse and that's ok for you, but I need to reconcile all of the scripture together to make up my mind.  

What it's suggesting is a mold for the base shape the gold is poured into.

Exodus 32

KJV

your mind is suggesting that.....   Aaron said he put the gold in the fire and the calf came out.      It seems that you don't buy into any supernatural things.....   

Exodus 32

KJV

your mind is suggesting that.....   Aaron said he put the gold in the fire and the calf came out.      It seems that you don't buy into any supernatural things.....   

Because the Scripture I quoted involved tools, fashioning it with a "graving tool", that's enough to know that it was consciously made, and not something that popped out like the Pillsbury dough boy. Can you find a 2nd Bible witness to your idea of a graven idol being made without a graving tool?

Exodus 32

KJV

Because the Scripture I quoted involved tools, fashioning it with a "graving tool", that's enough to know that it was consciously made, and not something that popped out like the Pillsbury dough boy. Can you find a 2nd Bible witness to your idea of a graven idol being made without a graving tool?

Yes, that one scripture may......   but what about the other....   do you just go ignoring things that doesn't agree with you.

That was a direct question from Moses to his brother and his brothers answer and we are informed that it isn't the truth.....   no we aren't.   If you are going to focus your beliefs on single scriptures and ignore the rest, then we have little to discuss.

Exodus 32

KJV

Yes, that one scripture may......   but what about the other....   do you just go ignoring things that doesn't agree with you.

That was a direct question from Moses to his brother and his brothers answer and we are informed that it isn't the truth.....   no we aren't.   If you are going to focus your beliefs on single scriptures and ignore the rest, then we have little to discuss.

What? I though the aim was to understand the 'whole', not just rely on one specific Scripture? You accuse me of disregarding Scripture when I have not done that. Nor am I the one here wanting to deny the Ex.32:4 verse.

Exodus 32

They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

20 And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.

What does the word "molten" mean? It's has to do with a mold. The gold is heated until it melts, then poured into a mold, then allowed to cool. Out comes the shape of the mold.

The blame was upon God's people there who made it and worshipped it, including Aaron. Then Moses pleaded with God to not destroy them all, as He was ready to do just that! The Moses separated the people, those who determined to follow The Lord, and then this happened...

26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the Lord's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

So there was... a judgment and punishment upon the children of Israel for doing that idol worship. Three thousand fell.

Exodus 32

KJV

What? I though the aim was to understand the 'whole', not just rely on one specific Scripture? You accuse me of disregarding Scripture when I have not done that. Nor am I the one here wanting to deny the Ex.32:4 verse.

Exodus 32

an what of the other........   many posts ago i offered my thoughts on them both and you seemed to be stuck on the single one you wanted to support your theory.......     what are you going to do with Aaron's offering of what happened?   He put the gold in the fire and a calf came out......   what are you going to do with that?

I just don't study the Bible that way.    If i have a belief that does not match up with any part of the Word, I rethink my beliefs.    but when I decide I believe something it has to be supported by all scripture.

I'm done this is also getting crazy.

Exodus 32

KJV

Exodus 32

an what of the other........   many posts ago i offered my thoughts on them both and you seemed to be stuck on the single one you wanted to support your theory.......     what are you going to do with Aaron's offering of what happened?   He put the gold in the fire and a calf came out......   what are you going to do with that?

I just don't study the Bible that way.    If i have a belief that does not match up with any part of the Word, I rethink my beliefs.    but when I decide I believe something it has to be supported by all scripture.

I'm done this is also getting crazy.

Look at my previous post again, I included more.

And your attitude is way... out in Left field. It is not warranted.