nature.nut

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Good luck on your path to becoming a pastor. May the Lord bless you in all of your endeavors.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8

I have known a few people who have believed they were called into the ministry and specifically to be a pastor. I feel compelled to write this because the outcomes are varied. To be a pastor is indeed a calling requiring dedication and faithfulness to God's word. Most see a pastor as revered and do not fully understand the untiring dedication needed to carry out the duties necessary to minister properly to a congregation. What most fail to understand is that there is a tremendous amount of damage that can be done from assuming such a role in the ministry and not being prepared for it. Churches can divide, members leave etc. Bad advice has brought legal action in some cases. Whereas a pastor truly called is by no means free of any evil, those that are the best prepared and whose desire to follow the word of God faithfully usually find that God has prepared them to assume the role of a pastor long before the opportunity presents itself. In any case evil thrives in the world and all pastors and ministers of the church need our prayers and support to help them in their fulfilling of God's will.

God Bless!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Wishing you the best at becoming what the Lord calls you to be. If you do become a pastor, constantly pray to not let pride take over, unfortunately, many pastors end up having an ego trip and that's sad because in the long run, it's what causes a lot of false teachings in which often result in good Christians leading a miserable life from believing in inaccurate teachings derived from pride instead of the Spirit of God. It's a big responsibility...

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Birthday:  09/11/1962

Mike,

Once upon a time I thought I was called to be a pastor, the key in that sentence is I with a lack of God. Since then I have realized that is not the case, and have developed a little bit of a pet peave about the phrase "I feel called to ministry."

Others have mentioned we are all called to ministry, to "go and make disciples of all nations."

Many people quote Jeremiah 29:11 when they talk about God having plans for our lives, but often forget 29:13 which says "you will seek me and you will find me, when you seek me with all your heart." We talk about God's will for our lives, but forget the part where we have to make an effort. I also believe that we often get caught up in emotions, pride, glamor, etc. and claim that we are "called" to ministry roles such as Pastor, Youth Pastor, Missionary, but we forget to continue to seek God with all our heart. If you truly believe that you are called to be pastor, then by all means, answer that calling. But I also encourage you to actively seek God with your whole heart, and seek out His will and leading in your life every day. 

God Bless

If you have had any thought or inclination to be a pastor Seek God diligently! 

I know that God showwed me he exists and I ran for more than 20 years!

Seek in prayer and reading the word and going to services that build up the body of Christ.

Best of Grace unto you mike! and welcome

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

The OP has not been back in 4 months.  Out of their good hearts, people keep replying to his question, which he is not here to answer, so I am locking this thread.