• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

In Christ

Matt 27:33 - They came to the place called Golgotha, which means The Place of the Skull. v 35 - When they had crucified him, they divided his clothes. Luke 23:33 - When they came to the place called the Skull, there they crucified him, John 19:17,18 - Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). Here they crucified him.

Oh by the way did the two thief's rob people at Golgotha. They also died with Christ.

When does Rev 10:1-7 take place in the prophetic time table?

In Christ

Montana Marv

Yes Montana Marv that's exactly what the Scriptures says...its your location of Golgatha that's the issue? Show me anywhere in scripture the true location of Golgatha is on the west side?

Further are you to believe Constintines mother that the location of Golgatha is on the west side?

Perhaps I can assist in giving you a clue where the true Golgatha is located...Hebrews mentions the phrase outside the camp...now this phrase is very significant....my question to you is why was this phrase repeated for Yeshua's cruxifictions?

In the first century the Jewish authorities established a ‘camp area’ surrounding the temple and the City of Jerusalem in the circular fashion that Moses ordained. The area of this circular camp, extended 2000 cubits (about 3000 feet) almost to, the summit of the Mount of Olives.

Anything within that 2000 cubit circle would have been considered 'inside the camp' as per the requirements for the red heifer it needed to be executed 2000 cubits away. ... No executions could take place "inside the camp", (Numbers 15:35), and the scriptures specifically state that Jesus was executed "outside the camp." For a site to be considered as a possible site of Jesus’ crucifixion it could not be within a 2000 cubit radius of the Holy of Holies. The summit of the Mount of Olives was outside this 2000 cubit radius.

Hebrews 13:11 says “the bodies of those beasts whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the High priest, for sin are ALL burned '`without the camp.” Hebrews 13:12 says that Jesus also suffered "without the gate" and "without the camp".

Your west side site location violates scripture in regards to the particular sin offering.

Getting back to our topic Rev 10:1-7 takes place in in era of the 6 trumpet...In other words Yeshua arrives during the 6th trumpet....The question is then who is the one arriving on the 7th trumpet?

In Christ

The Romans were in control.  They could crucify any place they wanted to.  They did not care about Jewish customs.  John 19:20 - Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city. So anyplace just outside of Herod's wall was where the Crucifixion was.  The Mt of Olives is out.  They would have to cross the Kidron Valley, very difficult for anyone carrying a cross.  Yet the Mt of Olives was not as public as outside the walls of Jerusalem.  The Romans wanted the Crucifixion open, visible, along a major road.  Just outside one of the gates to the city. 

According to John 19:41 - At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had ever been laid v. 42 - and the tomb was nearby.  The most visible gate was the Damascus Gate on the North West wall of the City.  This was near the Antonia Fortress which is thought to be Pontius Pilates's headquarters while in Jerusalem.  This is where Pilate held court.  The Garden Tomb was near the "Skull" Golgotha.  And its location is North and West of the Temple area.  Yet near to Pilates headquarters.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi inchrist,

I really must apologise for my bad humour. I feel now that it is disrespectful to you. Please forgive me. It was such a shock your statements that I thought  I might try some humour but thinking on it I realise that that was not the appropriate response. So please accept my humble apologies.

You sister in Christ.

PS. I think your last question actually was very good & I will think on it & get back to you.

Edited by Marilyn C

In Christ

So which gate did Christ go through to reach the Mt of Olives along this elevated walkway.

The Mt of Olives has never been associated as the Skull or Golgotha.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, Inchrist and Marilyn C.

Hi inchrist,

Your last post #120 absolutely amazed me! I didn`t know there was a `mental,` (as in mind) gymnasium on Worthy. :happyhappy:

But seriously - Do you just believe that Jesus was a good man? Wouldn`t he then have inherited Adam`s sinful nature?

Please explain to me where exactly am I getting my interpretations incorrect? Believing in the trinity requires more of mental gymnastics to prove its point. Where just accepting YHWH as the true and ONLY God and Yeshua as YHWH's Messiah is beautiful in its simplicity...why add more to it, when its meant to be kept simple?

Are we to expect that Yeshua knew and preached the Torah off by heart, the very moment He came out the womb? Yeshua had to learn into His role.....remember the 3 tests Yeshua had to go through in the desert? and the raising of His parents....Now however Yeshua was filled more than any man with the Holy Spirit.

And why didn`t God just use Enoch to die for mankind? That would have saved a lot of pain & heartache, plus we then would all now be like Adam & Eve was before the fall.

And why didnt God simply just not create Lucifer if God knew sin was to be created? Save us all a lot of pain & heartache? Your question is as illogical as mine.

Well, the simple answer to both questions is that it wasn't yet "the fulness of times."

Ephesians 1:7-12

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
KJV

It's been explained to me before that God is trying to produce children for Himself who will accept Him willingly without being forced to do so. If God had to funnel people through the "narrow gate," then He has truly accomplished nothing toward this goal.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Keep in mind that we were also created to judge the angels.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

In Christ

So which gate did Christ go through to reach the Mt of Olives along this elevated walkway.

The Mt of Olives has never been associated as the Skull or Golgotha.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Right! The place of the skull and the nearby tomb is NORTH of the city, just outside the north wall.

LAMAD

In Christ

Jesus Christ was the sacrificial Lamb.   Not the "red heifer".  The red heifer was to be sacrificed outside the camp (on the Mt of Olives after the Temple was built).  The High Priest was to take some of the red heifers blood and sprinkle it seven times in front of the Tent of Meeting, while he saw the red heifer being burnt by fire.  Everyone who who helped in the process; sprinkling the blood to those who disposed of the ashes were all ceremonial unclean until evening.  The Tent of Meetings was where the Ark of the Covenant was held.  The sprinkling of the blood was a cleansing process before the cloud which they followed would settle on the Tent of Meetings (later it was the Holy of Holies).

Yet John 19:20 - for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city (not the camp).  The outward appearance of Golgotha is shaped like a cranium.  The Mt of Olives is not.  And Act 1:12 - Then they returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mt of Olives, a Sabbaths day walk from the city.  Here the Disciples call the Mt of Olives a hill.  Not the Skull or Golgotha.

You have really proved nothing.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Marv,

Don't be concerned about onelight's Pharisee claims, the ancient sources have the place of our Lord Jesus' crucifixion on the opposite side of Jerusalem linked to the side of Jerusalem where the Church of The Holy Sepulcher was built. The Mount of Olives is on the East side of Jerusalem.

http://www.gci.org/Jesus/golgotha

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The remaining half of Daniel's 70th week went spiritual, because when the Messiah was cut off in the middle of the week, Christians consider themselves dead to the flesh, because we will not die but live in Christ after our earthly tent is dissolved.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

This was a good sidestep, but it has nothing to do with people SEEING Him when He comes. But then, you don't believe He is coming. Well, you won't have long to wait, to see how wrong your theories are, for soon He will come FOR His saints, and you will be left behind wondering. Seven plus years later He will come WITH His saints. During those seven years you will surely meet the Beast and be given a choice to live and take the mark, or refuse the mark and lose your head.

LAMAD

I personally don't see the scriptural proof of a pretrib rapture,  so I have prepared myself spiritually to be able to withstand the beast........   I do believe that takes a lot more faith than hoping for a revival  of the things to come..   So if I am wrong and there is a pretrib rapture are you saying that I would be left behind just because I wasn't looking for it....    Though I had prepared myself spiritually do die for my faith in Him......    is that what you are saying?????

=================================================================================================================

Hey Other One, it's been a while.

I personally don't see the scriptural proof of a pretrib rapture,  so I have prepared myself spiritually to be able to withstand the beast

Well there are about 30 or so very specific Proofs in Scripture of a Pre-Trib Rapture that I can share.... but they take long drawn out arguments (No Thanks, if you know what I mean  ;) ).  I can simply provide a an Irrefutable simple reasoning Illustration that uses Scripture as it's foundation to settle the matter, quite quickly and succinctly.

Ready?....

First you have to realize that there is a "Rapture" dealing with The Body Of Christ "Christians"/The Church.  This is quite easily demonstrated as you know.

Second: Where is 98% of "The Church" from Pentecost till know (2,000 some years) ??  They're Dead Sir.

For "The Church"...... whether it be Mid-Trib, Post-Trib or anything else besides Pre-Trib to go through the Great Tribulation......They ("The Church"/Born Again Christians) would have to be RESURRECTED and walking around for them to Experience it.

Please show me in Scripture depicting this Scenario.....?  If you can't (and you can't), it's Game Over. 

Have a Blessed Day