• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings pawz

And you are a wonderful gal,so without a doubt you are going to get wonderful,heart felt responses......because you are loved.As a mature Christian,in an intimate relationship with our Lord,I have no doubt that you will learn many new things in exploring the symbolic values of the Hebrew characters ......understanding the alphabet,the language, can bring so much clarity to the Scriptures for us,,,,,,,& I do think to have that foundation is extremely important when starting to research any books like you mentioned in the OP........but more importantly I must agree with our Brother,One Light ,,,,,,

The key is to know when God is speaking the truth to you through the Holy Spirit.  We need to know if it is our own spirit who is trying to lead us, another spirit trying to mislead us or if the Spirit is trying to show us the truth.  This can only be done through a close relationship with God, one where we know when He is speaking and when He is not.  Without this relationship, and knowing His voice, people are led astray by their own desires or another spirit.  That is why there are so many false teachings.                                                                                                                                              posted by One Light

Gods Timeless Truth is made known to us by the Power of the Holy Spirit ,we can be sure & confident that His Word is inerrant because Scripture confirms Scripture

At stake in this discussion is the locus of authority when it comes to constructing a doctrine of Scripture. Should we rest our doctrine of Scripture on the self-witness of Scripture as our authority for doctrinal formulation? Or should we instead base our doctrine of Scripture on a historical-critical reassessment of extrabiblical evidence?                                                                                                                                                                        © 2014 The Orthodox Presbyterian Church

God Bless you ,in all things,,,,,,,,let God direct your footsteps & by the Power of His Holy Spirit receive His Wisdom & Understanding,in Jesus Precious Name                                                                                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

thank you Kwik, so pleased that you agree with me about the Hebrew and yes, I agree wholeheartedly with what you say, and OneLight Thanks to you all for the comments and guidance you have offered.

Qnts2  I think  we are each talking about slightly different  aspects in repect of 'soul' - but no matter, I have no desire to pull things apart or bicker. You are all very kind and I appreciate your efforts

I would like to rest this thread now and  prefer not to engage in further discussions, should there be any.

Going back to my shady corner

Pawz

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Consider the deep things of God that Paul preached--Christ and Him crucified.  A stumbling block to the Jews and foolishness to the Greeks.  The basics mentioned in Hebrews 6 are:  repentance from dead works and faith toward God, baptisms, laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead and eternal judgement.   It seems to me that after we grow beyond those, the so called 'deep things of God" have more to do with obedience to what we already know, and in doing so we gain understanding.  PSM 111:10   It has to do with becoming very familiar with Scripture, through which we learn the character of God and by which we learn to appraise the people and the world around us.  1 Cor. 2:13 For he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged by no one.  That is to say, the world just can't figure us out. They don't understand us.  We are as much foolishness to them as the cross is.   

Col. 2:2-9 NKJV That their hearts may be encouraged, being KNIT TOGETHER IN LOVE, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  4.  Now this I say lest anyone should deceive you with persuasive words.  6.  As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, SO WALK IN HIM, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with THANKSGIVING.   Beware lest anyone  cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ, FOR IN HIM DWELLS ALL THE FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY; and you are complete in Him, Who is the head of all principality and power.

This passage is packed with the WOW factor.  We could meditate on each phrase and be blessed to our boots.  THE DEEP THINGS OF GOD ARE FOUND IN HIS PERSONS--IN WHO HE IS.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

This can best be answered by some of our Messianic Jewish brothers and sisters. To the best of my understanding the Kaballah is a mystical branch or cult of Judism that incorporates trates of eastern mysticism, occult and perhaps even gnostic beliefs. I started to listen to one of their programs on Jewish television and was so shocked by how totally off base it was that I googled it at that time. Occult means hidden, by the way. Such teachings were so popular in Jesus' day that Paul insisted that our gospel is not hidden.

I just happened to be reading Titus when your post reminded me of a verse in the first chapter, which may be of something for paws to look at.

Titus 1 :13 - 14

This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to Jewish myths