IGNORED

Rights of large people

JesusSavedMe

yes, you do!  everybody deserves not to be shunned for being outside the parameters of what society deems acceptable. 

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

You shall serve the LORD your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you. Exodus 23:25

More Gravy Please

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for your thoughtful replies.  I am about 50 pounds overweight.  I may have the beginning of diabetes, am seeing the doctor next week.  My blood tests showed my sugar was too high.  I also have high liver tests and high cholesterol tests.  I don't feel bad.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Here's the thing, as much as people claim to hate bullying its still there always will. These people that will make fun of you because your to fat-chances are they are teasing someone else for being to skinny. Or to many freckles. Or for having a limp. Get my picture? People will be mean regardless.

What's important is to realize who you are in Christ. You will never stop the bully, whether by being mean back or ignoring them-but you can change you. And I don't mean a diet-im all for taking care of yourself but I'm talking about your heart. Learn to be comfortable with who you are-regardless of what others say. And pray for those who persecute you and treat them with love even though they don't deserve it.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Ruth

They need your prayers,,,,,,,,Forgive them.love our enemies.........please,disregard their ignorance & pray God has Mercy,they obviously do not have Christ abiding in them............and they truly need Him,we all do...................it is them I feel sorry for ,your'e just fine & beautiful!              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thank you for your thoughtful replies.  I am about 50 pounds overweight.  I may have the beginning of diabetes, am seeing the doctor next week.  My blood tests showed my sugar was too high.  I also have high liver tests and high cholesterol tests.  I don't feel bad.

loosing that 50 pounds would help your blood sugar in most cases....

I lost 65 pounds last year and am about go to back on my diet and loose another 50 ot 60 by the middle of the summer.target weight of 200.   The problem I'm trying to overcome is a knee I hurt in the Air Force back in the late 60's.    The extra weight is very hard on old damaged knees.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140

I'm all for equal treatment and not being mean to people.  There are just some communal situations like seating in airplanes, trains, buses, vanpools, etc. where things like someone that is big is unfair as you could be crushing someone else who paid the same price for their seat.  The same goes for smoking.  Smoke if you want but in a confined space I don't want an ash tray smell attacking me for hours a day and creates a residue in my nose.

Over eating and or under exercising is just a bad habit like smoking, drinking, or drugs.  There is an underlying problem, and the side effect is resulting in these bad habits. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Us who are overweight and some of us extremely have a right to be treated as any other person.  We don't need to be referred to as fat or laughed at or told to lose weight.  I am very much overweight and have been treated very badly just because of how I look.  I am not looking for ways to lose weight or scriptural lectures on gluttony.  We all have a right to be any size and be treated fairly.  There is far too much making fun of large people.  We deserve all the love in the world too.

There will always be rude people who are ill informed. Just consider the source and move on. If any one says anything to you just tell them you have other things more important to do than worry about his/her opinion about your weight.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  115

Thanks for your replies.  I have tried to lose weight but am on a medicine that makes me hungry all the time.  Have a hard time eating good food because I have little money.  I have arthritis in my hip and knees. I have pain in my knee this week.  I'm seeing a doctor next week for a physical.  I'm sure she will put me on a diet.  Yes, people who bully need prayers.  Something must be wrong with them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

People make fun of anyone who is different from themselves. Back when I was skinny I got made fun of for being too skinny. I got called names like bean pole. I now tell people I'm not fat im fluffy. Turn it around on them.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I'm all for equal treatment and not being mean to people.  There are just some communal situations like seating in airplanes, trains, buses, vanpools, etc. where things like someone that is big is unfair as you could be crushing someone else who paid the same price for their seat. 

Over eating and or under exercising is just a bad habit like smoking, drinking, or drugs.  There is an underlying problem, and the side effect is resulting in these bad habits.

I have to agree with you, but they can make seats to accomodate large people just as they accomodate those with other handicaps. Most people who are overweight have dieted most of their lives and also have other problems that created it such as thyroid disease. Studies of twins seperated at birth show that eating habits and exercise have relatively little to do with weight. It is determined geneticly. But the ignorant bigotry goes on.