Kim1984

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

There also would be no need for sexual gratification as we won't be possessing our human bodies. We'll exist as spirits in heaven.

Does this mean that the fish and honeycomb will drop straight onto the floor, or through the clouds beneath?

Luke 24:36-46.KJV

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I am like Paul, celibate, so marriage is not on my radar even on this side of the resurrection.

So, I will give another analogy.

My special needs adult child died recently.

In the resurrection, we will no longer have the same relationship.

He will no longer be disabled... and I will no longer be his special needs caregiver.

Next time I see him, he will be a holy warrior for God... riding behind Jesus on a white horse.

Here is the holy scripture I put in his obituary:

" But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep,

that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died

and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. "

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

Edited by Cyrus

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

There also would be no need for sexual gratification as we won't be possessing our human bodies. We'll exist as spirits in heaven.

The resurrected dead will have the same type of body as Jesus, the firstfruits of those who sleep in death.

After Jesus was resurrected, Thomas was able to touch Jesus' body.

" But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. "

1 Corinthians 15:20-23

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone.......

I have little interest in these issues but I have a great interest in how people,especially members of the very same BODY,speak to one another and this thread is disturbing....There is love between  husband & wife,there is love between parents & children & there is love between Brothers & Sisters in Christ and that ALL will carry on into everlasting life,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,A certificate of marriage,wedding vows & all the traditions of men that establish a marriage here on earth is going to surprise many when we get to Heaven,,,,,,,,when man & woman become one flesh ,tthey are indeed,,,,"married" according to Gods Word  but we can discuss that on another thread  So,in order for the OP's question to be answered appropriately -first one must establish"What constitutes "marriage"according to God

Christ is in us & we are in the Father..................it is all about "Love",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the greatest Love we can ever imagine

King James Bible
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.                                                          John 14:20

Marriage is about becoming "one" and yes,here on earth it is merely a shadow of things to come................the oneness we will have in Heaven with God & us (all of us)is going to be the greatest marriage we could ever be in.................

Now,that is my opinion,,,,,,& others have there opinions & interpretations and this certainly is not a Salvational issue......it is a very good discussion and most people are reasoning together but to post laughing icons after quoting what another person commented & referring to people as "violating" the Scriptures because they do not agree with what one is saying or because they are not answering the way someone would like them to is unnecessary & uncalled for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets remember WHO we represent as Christians,speak to one another with love And respect others opinions

Gods Blessings to everyone & may the holy Spirit lead us & guide us all                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest mutabazi

How sad. It seems everyone has gotten married just to get divorced.

then again there is a possibility that the things in heaven are so far above mating and reproduction that those who are ressurected into their new bodies don't even care for those old ways of life.

Its kind of like riding a tricycle and then getting a Harley..........once you've ridden the Harley you don't care what happens to the tricycle...........God knows the needs of man, I'm sure He has somthing better, everything God ask's of us makes our life better when we follow it

Remember that the devil come to destroy and to tea appart what God has join to gather. that why us christians must be all praying and be humble ourself  and forgive one an other. because devil is not happy about happy marriage. he always  looks how he can oppose what is good in sight of God.