lavey.online

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

The Bible tells about Lucifer in such a way : " “You were the anointed cherub who covers; " in Ezekiel 28:14.

Some of the Scholars explain this :

As in the tabernacle, in the same way, two cherubs cover the God's presence in heaven.  Lucifer had been appointed as one of the two cherubs covering God's presence.

The purpose of covering God's presence is to hide His full glory from people, since if they see the full glory of God they will be perished. Even the two cherubs who are covering His presence must cover their face, by two of their wings.

This is a very sacred thing, I know, but my question is, why God not place two real cherubs ? Why the cherub "models" are placed in the tabernacle ?

The Tabernacle is depicting the reality that is in heaven.  Blood was placed on the mercy seat each year for the sins of the people.  Now Christ's blood has been placed at the mercy seat of God in heaven.   The cherubim surround God's throne in heaven as well.  In the wilderness the glory of God emanated from above the mercy seat.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1977

The Bible tells about Lucifer in such a way : " “You were the anointed cherub who covers; " in Ezekiel 28:14.

As in the tabernacle, in the same way, two cherubs cover the God's presence in heaven.  Lucifer had been appointed as one of the two cherubs covering God's presence.

The purpose of covering God's presence is to hide His full glory from people, since if they see the full glory of God they will be perished. Even the two cherubs who are covering His presence must cover their face, by two of their wings.

This is a very sacred thing, I know, but my question is, why God not place two real cherubs ? Why the cherub "models" are placed in the tabernacle ?

The Tabernacle is depicting the reality that is in heaven.  Blood was placed on the mercy seat each year for the sins of the people.  Now Christ's blood has been placed at the mercy seat of God in heaven.   The cherubim surround God's throne in heaven as well.  In the wilderness the glory of God emanated from above the mercy seat.  

If the real God comes from Heaven to the Mercy seat, then why don't the real cherubs come ? Why God asked to put the two cherub models instead of real cherubs ?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If the real God comes from Heaven to the Mercy seat, then why don't the real cherubs come ? Why God asked to put the two cherub models instead of real cherubs ?

they are busy.

they are busy.

What I think is ... as human being, all creations of God, including cherubs & angels, have fixed size. It means, human being & other creations cannot change their sizes. But, even God is having greater image, He bends Himself such as residing on the small area at the Mercy seat. He does this because He has love on human. But the angels cannot bend their size to fit inside the mercy seat. Is it the right reason, why God not allow real angels ?

they are busy.

What I think is ... as human being, all creations of God, including cherubs & angels, have fixed size. It means, human being & other creations cannot change their sizes. But, even God is having greater image, He bends Himself such as residing on the small area at the Mercy seat. He does this because He has love on human. But the angels cannot bend their size to fit inside the mercy seat. Is it the right reason, why God not allow real angels ?

I am just guessing that the gold ones had a purpose that we may not understand.

IMO, I don't see the Cherub as symbols of idolatry but rather as symbol of the coming Gospel of Christ being the center to bring man into God presence.  To the best of my knowledge while the Ark was to be held in reverence it was not to be worshipped as God, but a symbol of His Presence.  When we read the book of Ezekiel we see in the opening chapter a vision that Ezekiel had; he records the vision in Ezekiel 1:4-28.  In verses 4-9, Ezekiel speaks of this bizarre vision to which he later call this likeness cherubims, Ezekiel 10:15, we see these 4 living creatures/cherubims had faces and wings.  For on the Ark their would have been 4 wings altogether, so that each of the wings on the ark would represent one of the four faces on this wheel. 

So we now see the four faces on the wheel in verse 10 of chapter 1.  The first face is the face of a man, did you know that in the Gospel of Luke that Luke being a physician was writing his Gospel from the point of view of Jesus' Humanity.  The second being the face of a lion, Matthew when writing his Gospel was identifying Jesus Kingship, for we all know that the lion is the king of the jungle, how much more so is the Lion of Judah truly King of Kings.  The third face of this wheel was the face of an ox, Mark while writing his Gospel, was representing Christ servitude to us, and thus showing us when the King comes as a servant truly His servants should follow His example.  And finally we see the face of an Eagle, John in writing his Gospel, was showing us the Divinity of our Precious God/Man Savior Jesus Christ, for in his Gospel we see that Jesus often refers to Himself openly as the Great I AM, for the eagle soars in heaven just as Jesus came down from above.

So just like the wheel in Ezekiel 1 shows of the coming Gospels of Jesus Christ, I see in the four wings of the Cherubs on the Ark of Covenant direction to the Good News of Jesus Christ showing how we can come into the presence of Our Holy Father thru our Redeemer Jesus Christ.

Nice explanation 19Duggarfan ...

they are busy.

I am just guessing that the gold ones had a purpose that we may not understand.

I am not liking the comments of alien researchers in the TV shows ... the gold is a good conductor element, so that it could receive signals sent from another planet by aliens ...

But these kinds of comments never glorifies God's name. If God tells something in Bible, it only has spiritual meaning that is useful for making the mankind, holy.

Genesis 3:24

So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Exodus 25:10-22

And they shall make an ark of acacia wood; two and a half cubits shall be its length, a cubit and a half its width, and a cubit and a half its height. And you shall overlay it with pure gold, inside and out you shall overlay it, and shall make on it a molding of gold all around. You shall cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in its four corners; two rings shall be on one side, and two rings on the other side. And you shall make poles of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold. You shall put the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark, that the ark may be carried by them. The poles shall be in the rings of the ark; they shall not be taken from it. And you shall put into the ark the Testimony which I will give you.

You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold; two and a half cubits shall be its length and a cubit and a half its width. And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub at one end, and the other cherub at the other end; you shall make the cherubim at the two ends of it of one piece with the mercy seat. And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another; the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat. You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you. And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony, about everything which I will give you in commandment to the children of Israel.

Ezekiel 10 is a vision and not a full description of a Cherub.

Thanx Onelight for quoting the words...

But these kinds of comments never glorifies God's name. If God tells something in Bible, it only has spiritual meaning that is useful for making the mankind, holy.

We could never agree on that....

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

The Cheribim seemed to be very awesome creatures in Ezekiel 1 and 10. There eyes were all around the wheels and their spirits were in the wheels, which were within wheels. The glory of God hovers over them. They moved like lightening. I suspect that the images are a much smaller size than those in heaven. And I suspect that the glory of the Lord could become smaller to fit in the holy of holies, or larger to guide the people as a cloud by day or a piller of fire by night. I don't think that the Creator of the Universe and his cherubim are things our mortal minds can really comprehend, and that only His glory or shining could be seen--not His substance. We are told that no man can see God and live.

But these wonders we will see when we see Jesus face to face in heaven.