OneOfGodsOwn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Something is going wrong here. I feel like everyone is answering a different question. Did I ask it wrong or am I missing something?

What if I ask what the purpose of hell is?

Everyone seems to be talking about how people get there. Is the point of hell because people send themselves? I don't understand this.

You asked why, and you were given reasons why.  I have a strange feeling you are trying to figure out why God just doesn't remove them from existence once they die instead of eternity without Him, which is hell itself.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Something is going wrong here. I feel like everyone is answering a different question. Did I ask it wrong or am I missing something?

Everyone seems to be talking about how people get there. Is the point of hell because people send themselves? I don't understand this.

The purpose of hell and how people there are the same thing.What is your point?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

As Ayin Jade and Bopeep said....hell was originally created for satan and the fallen angels that follow him.  It became a destination for mankind after the fall.  God cannot be in the presence of sin so He cast those that refuse Him into hell.  As fpr why not be reincarnated until you get it right....Scripture speaks to that issue.  It is given onto man once to die and then the judgment. 

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: ... (KJV Bible).

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

You asked why, and you were given reasons why.  I have a strange feeling you are trying to figure out why God just doesn't remove them from existence once they die instead of eternity without Him, which is hell itself.

I'm starting to feel like an idiot here. Everyones telling me the same thing, but I'm just getting more confused. I really have no idea why God would not remove them from existence. It's not like they will be saved.

I must have missed when you told me why. It just sounds to me like everyone is saying what hell is and who goes there, but not why. Can you dumb it down for me? Thanks for sticking with me!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I'm starting to feel like an idiot here. Everyones telling me the same thing, but I'm just getting more confused. I really have no idea why God would not remove them from existence. It's not like they will be saved.

I must have missed when you told me why. It just sounds to me like everyone is saying what hell is and who goes there, but not why. Can you dumb it down for me? Thanks for sticking with me!

Ecclesiastes 12:7

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Matthew 25:46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Still does not say the why, but instead says God made our souls immortal.  I think we all have wondered questions like this at times.  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

The doctrine of hell as a place of flaming torture for the devil and his angels, and for every lost person who turns up thereafter, cannot be proven from scripture.

The idea of "eternal" flames or "worms that die not" or "smoke that ascends up forever" does not immediately suggest that the material to be burned lasts forever, or that torment lasts forever. It says "the smoke of their torment rises up forever."

Otherwise God cannot or does not destroy the sinner or sin. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil which is sin and sinners who willingly join him. He will not do that until after a judgement, which is only fair.

There are no different grades of hell, such as a frozen lake, a dark place, semi cooked spirits, overcooked spirits, etc

There is only one hell which according to the Bible is burned or destroyed. See Revelation 20:14. So hell itself is not a burning place but rubbish which needs to be burned.

The meaning of hell as a burning place of everlasting torment is a pagan idea and based on the false assumption that human beings cannot die or be destroyed and that they have an inner vehicle called a ghost or spirit by which they continue to exist. this was told Eve by the puppeteered serpent, in the garden, and has been believed on by all that don't know any better since. The devil said "you shall surely not die" (if you disobey God).

By that we understand that God said that life is conditional upon obedience. The only reason we live now is by borrowed life from Christ.

If the conditions for life are ultimately rejected by the wicked, then they will not be allowed to live, on any level whatsoever.

So after the judgement, the wicked will perish and be no more. Most will be burned without a second to think, but others will have to experience what they put onto the innocent, and how they hurt the Author of Love.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

When I said others will have to experience retribution for their sins, I am not suggesting that there are two classes in the furnace, the ones that die and the ones that live, because all die. As the scriptures say that God will not leave them root or branch - the devil is the root the followers are the branches.

The one and only text used by some religions to back up the claim on the hell theory, is where Jesus tells the parable of the beggar who goes to heaven and sits in Abraham's lap, while the heartless master talks from the flames of hell.

Jesus used an illustration from their own belief system, showing how prevalent the idea of hell was at the time.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Rom 9:20  No, but, O man, who are you who replies against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him who formed it, Why have you made me this way?
Rom 9:21  Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel to honor and another to dishonor?
Rom 9:22  What if God, willing to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction;
Rom 9:23  and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy which He had before prepared to glory;
Rom 9:24  whom He also called, not only us, of Jews, but also of the nations?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The doctrine of hell as a place of flaming torture for the devil and his angels, and for every lost person who turns up thereafter, cannot be proven from scripture.

The idea of "eternal" flames or "worms that die not" or "smoke that ascends up forever" does not immediately suggest that the material to be burned lasts forever, or that torment lasts forever. It says "the smoke of their torment rises up forever."

Otherwise God cannot or does not destroy the sinner or sin. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil which is sin and sinners who willingly join him. He will not do that until after a judgement, which is only fair.

I'm just starting to realize that not some many people believe in a hell with punishment. I learned that hell was a place of fire and pain. I guess I have even more to learn about, but I'm not sure it changes my question.

What if God made a party town hell that was a pretty awesome place, but still without Gods love? People would still have the choice to be with God or not and they could also choose torture or not. Would it make any difference?

I have to get some sleep. Have a good night guys and thanks for all your help!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

You are correct.  The Lake of Fire and Brimstone is the last place they will ever go, and hell and death will also be thrown into the mix.  Read Revelation 19 & 20.