Unequally yoked relationships

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I would start by saying this, you can't bring him to the Lord, as we do not have the ability to save anyone.  Jesus is the answer, so prayer is your best ally.  You can speak with him about the Lord, and why you believe what you do, but ultimately it is the Lord who brings people to Himself.  You can plant the seed, you can even water it, but the salvation part is beyond your ability.

Start with the conversation part, and see where things go from there.  Sharing the gospel with the lost is what we are called to do, so pray and ask the Lord to speak through you.  God bless you.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

It's hard going...you will feel lonely for Christian company

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

One of the many reasons that I am single and never married, is because I never found a true christian bible believing man.

The men that I found myself attracted to and who were attracted to me were not christian.

I grew up rather confused, with all kinds of values placed in my way, it took me a while to finally be certain as to what is true christian living and where

I belong.

Especially if you are a young woman, thinking you will change a man into becoming a christian...It  is one of the biggest traps and mistakes a christian woman can fall into.

And the pulling of this world can make it very hard to discern as to what is right and what is wrong, especially if you were raised with all kinds of different values being thrown at you,

Being grounded and mature and wise is not a given to all young adults.

A strong foundation in ones christian faith to begin with, with lots of support from christian family and christian friends is so important to help a young person not fall into getting yoked with with an unbeliever.

But nevertheless, "all things work together for those that love the Lord".

Lemonade can me made from lemons

God will show the believer the way to His peace.

And to those in unequally yoked marriages, God knows your struggles and prayers and will direct your path.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Well, if you intend to live for the lord, then unequally yoked relationship is not the answer. Christianity is unlike other religion whereby you just follow the tradition or prayer or you try assimilating both religion to one. And although your partner do not belong to Any religion for now, still it does not mean that it would be easier to get your partner to follow Christ. I am in an unequally yoked marriage. Although my husband is a wonderful person, whenever it comes to spiritual matter, we differ (Obviously) in many aspect. I do share the good news at times with him, nevertheless I leave it to God to guide him. I don't wanna choke my faith down his throat. But then, I do feel empty at times in the sense that I could never be one with him in Christ, I sometimes long for a Christian companion to express my faith. Currently i'm like all fired up for the lord but I cant like express them to my husband. Like me and him wouldn't have that same understanding. Oh also, I wasn't a Christian. I accepted Christ in 2003/2004. Sometime there. Both of us are from my former religion, Hinduism. So basically everythg is according to Hinduism but I'm a lone ranger Christian. So I would caution against unequally yoked relationship.

Edited by Tanusha

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

sometimes that is right unequally yoked doesnt work

but my parents my mum the christian and my dad the muslim

they stuck it out , they fought like all married people but they loved each other 

and that is what counts.

in 82 my mum left my dad and my dad not ever flew in his life got on a plane and went to get her back

and they talked and came back home. and my dad became a christian after that

my dad would of been .if my mum never married him and me nor any of my family wouldnt be here either.

oh yea they would of been together 44 yrs that yr dad passed away. thats better than alot of marriages today.

Edited by bubbles baloo

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Why are you dating her? Is she the kind of person you intend to marry? If Bible study is so repulsive to her, doesn't that tell you something? If she's insistent upon committing sexual immorality doesn't that tell you something? I would recommend you find someone who takes the Christian life seriously. Too many posers out there and you'd end up divorced after a few years unless you compromised your faith.