• Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

How to be humble?

Start here:

Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Then add this:

Gal 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

And some of this;

Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Yet finally:

Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

True humility comes from gaining perspective on who and what I am. I cannot even breathe without God. My existence is fully dependent upon God. I cannot do ANYTHING without him. So what shall I say then?

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Any questions?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Good stuff...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

The word humble is derived from the word humus, meaning earth/ground. 

How to be humble is to come back to earth, or be grounded again. From dust, into something not real, then back to dust again.

Ego deflation at depth usual takes the hot air out of us, and brings us down from the clouds.

To be humble is to be honest and true.

To be meek is the be gentle and loving. 

Meek is the result of being humble, and visa versa.

If one stays gentle and loving, they become honest and true.

If one stays honest and true, they become gentle and loving.

Edited by Raven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The Bible says in James 4:10 to"Humbel yourself in the Sight of the Lord and He will lift you up"

I believe just standing in His Presence is enough to make you humble.  When you see just how Great and Big He is we pale in His Glory. 

He will teach you how to share with others about what He has done in your life and they will see Him, not you. When you are humble He can use you in ways that will amaze you.  When you humble yourself He will, as He promised, lift you up to places you cannot even imagine. 

Because He Lives!!

RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible says in James 4:10 to"Humbel yourself in the Sight of the Lord and He will lift you up"

I believe just standing in His Presence is enough to make you humble.  When you see just how Great and Big He is we pale in His Glory. 

He will teach you how to share with others about what He has done in your life and they will see Him not you. When you are humble He can use you in ways that will amaze you.  When you humble yourself He will as He promised, lift you up to places you cannot even imagine. 

Because He Lives!!

RustyAngeL

Yes,it is a blessing to God to humble yourself.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Humble means lowly. It can mean poor, of low degree, the opposite of wealthy and rich. It can mean afflicted, modest. humbled means abased or brought low. A synonym is pitiable. ( Word Study Dictionary) Vine adds cast down. Perhaps it is deeply understanding how insignificant we are and undeserving of God's even noticing us, let alone of His grace.

Meekness is a condition of the heart, an inwrought grace of the soul, and is chiefly directed toward God. It accepts His dealings as good and does not resist them. It is only the humble heart which is also meek. It accepts the verbal abuse of men as used by God to chasten us and/or purify us. In Gal. 5:23 it is associated with self control. It does not suggest weakness but rather is power under control. It is not occupied with self at all. (Vine) Perhaps it is produced by love for God and trusting His Character to use and bring good out of hardships we endure.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Icamen

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,I believe we both attended the same computer school!!!!!!:LOL

Humility is not something that seems to come naturally for most men(& women of course).......most people put much emphasis on their own importance,to be humble is the realization that we (as an individual) are not important at all,,,,,,,,,,what is important is what we do & say to have a positive effect in the lives of others and that it should always reflect Gods Glory,,,,,,,,,,,,,we must always give all the credit to God Almighty,He is our Source,our Everything,our All in All

As Christians we have a common cliche we use frequently  "As we decrease,Christ will increase".....that little cliche should be a focal point for us to live by,when we are fully committed to Jesus Christ ,we crucify our flesh & we are resurrected with Him that we walk in Spirit & in Truth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the spirit man is very humble,it is in the flesh that pride & vanity lives..................Striving to walk in Spirit & in Truth,in Christs Perfection is our goal

King James Bible
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:12

We can do all things in Christ Jesus,submitting to His Lordship,He will produce that "New Creature",,,,,,,A willing ,unobstructed ,unhindered,obedient ,open vessel that He abides in & works through,,,,,the servant that gives Him ALL the Glory,..............           With love in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Can you explain what you mean ..Biblcally humble? Jesus who was God humbled Himself and became one of us...we aught not to think of ourselves better than others..

That about sums it up. We are only sinners saved by grace, and if we have anything worthwhile it is a gift of God's grace. The best way to look at this is through the eyes of Job: Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes (Job 42:6).

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Humble is … Humility is … Humiliation is … In all cases we hear the Truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

The ability to listen is a key ingredient I would say.

I like this answer, because it summarizes what most of you have said, and of course we know the scriptures say to have time and energy for the well being of others, and not just for our own interests.

The "how to be humble - Biblically" was mentioned in post #11 "by the mercies of God...that we present ourselves ...  a living sacrifice." 

This "living sacrifice" allows God to witness through us without us necessarily being aware of it.

We live by faith in how He accomplishes it, knowing only, that He has mercy on us as sinners.

The conditions of God's mercy are to come to Him with our pride and accept mercy for our sin.

But if we tell ourselves that we are humble, or wait to be humble, or try to be humble, we will never be able to present ourselves in service for God. Why? because it can only be by the mercies of God.

So if the condition to receive mercy is to receive the free Gift in Christ that covers every conundrum of sin and pride, then in this manner, we have presented ourselves as a living sacrifice to Him.

But what about the verses which say - humble yourselves? 

How do we humble ourselves? By communicating to God as we are, - in our full unlikeness of Him, and receiving His acceptance.

What a liberating God we have.