does God actually forgive?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So, does God actually forgive may sound like a strange question. Scripture indicates that he does. But really, is it not true that God only forgives after he has punished sin?. So really he doesn't out and out forgive the sin he actually punishes it first.

So really, are our sins forgiven? In a sense no, they are punished upon Jesus so that the punishment does not have to go on us.

Maybe that makes no sense, that's the best I can explain for now. If someone can help me out would be appreciated.

S

Forgiveness of sins is the icing on the cake. Standing with the Lord is what it's all about.

If you are in combat and some of your fellow soldiers return to fight along side with you ,are you going to chide them for not paying back some of the money you once  loaned them?

Edited by donsancho

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

So, does God actually forgive may sound like a strange question. Scripture indicates that he does. But really, is it not true that God only forgives after he has punished sin?. So really he doesn't out and out forgive the sin he actually punishes it first.

So really, are our sins forgiven? In a sense no, they are punished upon Jesus so that the punishment does not have to go on us.

Maybe that makes no sense, that's the best I can explain for now. If someone can help me out would be appreciated.

Forgiveness of sins is the icing on the cake. Standing with the Lord is what it's all about.

If you are in combat and some of your fellow soldiers return to fight along side with you ,are you going to chide them for not paying back some of the money you once  loaned them?

:thumbsup:

I Give

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

Up

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

Our God is Author to forgive..

Psa 86:5  For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. 

if God is not forgiving us.. we will perish in this world.. because we are not worthy in any point

Grace  =  forgiveness + love + replacement

His Grace is covering us in all time.. 

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48

Yes God forgives anyone who repents in truth..in private.  However God will cut off all forgiveness upon the death and resurrection of the 2 witnesses to come.. Many will give glory to God in that day when they see it but will not be heard.. only those who have their name in the Lamb's book of life will be heard, all else are (not) forgiven..  they will cry and try to repent and others will curse and spit and bite. It is a terrible day but blessed for the very few.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Not only does God forgive he forgets.

Guest Robert
7 hours ago, Eoreris said:

Yes God forgives anyone who repents in truth..in private.  However God will cut off all forgiveness upon the death and resurrection of the 2 witnesses to come.. Many will give glory to God in that day when they see it but will not be heard.. only those who have their name in the Lamb's book of life will be heard, all else are (not) forgiven..  they will cry and try to repent and others will curse and spit and bite. It is a terrible day but blessed for the very few.

Where in scripture does it say that "God cuts off forgiveness with the death and resurrection of the 2 witnesses to come"?  Scripture tells us after the 2 witnesses are taken to heaven:

" And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.” " (Revelation 14: 6-7, NASB, emphasis mine)

And:

" Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and sitting on the cloud was one like a son of man, having a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand. And another angel came out of the temple, crying out with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, “Put in your sickle and reap, for the hour to reap has come, because the harvest of the earth is ripe.” Then He who sat on the cloud swung His sickle over the earth, and the earth was reaped." (Revelation 14: 165-16, NASB, emphasis mine)

Were forgiveness cut off after the two witnesses, God wouldn't offer the gospel to the planet yet again, and there wouldn't be much o a harvest, seeing as the Antichrist by this point has overcome most of the saints.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 2:04 PM, nonamenight88 said:

actually, that makes perfect sense and most people think that when God forgives he just gives us a pass on it-- but you are right-- all sin is punished-- either Jesus was punished for the believers sin or the un believer is punished for their own sins.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings nonamenight

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,"Yes",He does! You actually answered your own question in your initial statement...."Scripture says HE DOES" There is nothing more to add,God is not a man that he should lie,He is Faithful to His Promises............

Isaiah 1:18 

“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.

Ephesians 1:7  

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

1 John 1:9 

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Isaiah 55:7 

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Those are just a couple of Scripture verses that God FORGIVES,,,,,,there are so many more,which also states our guaranteed Seal of Redemption! Forgiven & SAVED by Gods Grace through Christ Jesus!

Ephesians 2:1-22 

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— ...

Ephesians 2:8-9 

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

And yes,you are right,,,,,,,,the sin is forgiven because CHrist has paid the penalty for us,PAID IN FULL    So the answer is YES YES-lol

Halleluyah,Glory to God,thank You Jesus                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48

14 hours ago, RobertS said:

Where in scripture does it say that "God cuts off forgiveness with the death and resurrection of the 2 witnesses to come"?  Scripture tells us after the 2 witnesses are taken to heaven:

" And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.” " (Revelation 14: 6-7, NASB, emphasis mine)

And:

" Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and sitting on the cloud was one like a son of man, having a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand. And another angel came out of the temple, crying out with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, “Put in your sickle and reap, for the hour to reap has come, because the harvest of the earth is ripe.” Then He who sat on the cloud swung His sickle over the earth, and the earth was reaped." (Revelation 14: 165-16, NASB, emphasis mine)

Were forgiveness cut off after the two witnesses, God wouldn't offer the gospel to the planet yet again, and there wouldn't be much o a harvest, seeing as the Antichrist by this point has overcome most of the saints.

The book of Revelation is not at all times written in order. some chapters are different visions of different or same events.. however the flying angel never said to repent nor did he preach the gospel,, he said give glory to God for his judgement has come.. This is the angel sent to (force) everyone (The dammed) to bow and give glory to God.. and they will be forced physically.. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess - that he is Lord. God will not be mocked or humiliated anymore at this point.. The ceasing of the continual sacrifice will happen at the death and rise of the 2 witnesses.. The continual sacrifice is not lambs sacrificed over in Israel in some future event.. The continual sacrifice is anyone accepting Jesus from his resurrection to this day... it is automatic for anyone and no need to have a system with lambs.. Just the same when the 2 witnesses resurrect this continual sacrifice ends and the doors are closed and it is finished 

Edited by Eoreris

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Eroresis

Welcome to Worthy,glad you have come to join us,Praise Jesus!

You seem to have a different personal perspective & interpretation of Gods Word,the Book of Revelation........you have not referred to any particular verses of Scripture to show how you came to some of your conclusions,perhaps you might try,we would appreciate it

9Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place, and gave Him the name above all names, 10that at thename of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven andon earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.…                                                         Phillippians 2:9-11

Romans 14:11
It is written: "As surely as I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow before Me; every tongue will confess to God."

Isaiah 45:23
"I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Revelation 5:13
And I heard every creature in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying: "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be praise and honor and glory and power forever and ever.

Where does it say the angel will physically force the damned to bow & confess?Jesus has the sickle,the angel makes the proclamation......their eyes are opened to the Truth that they have rejected all their lives,it is too late then......the harvest is bigger now though than it was before the 2 witnesses came & left...........Gods Forgiveness was not "cut-off" before this time,,,,,,,                      Glory to God

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Perhaps you might want to consider starting a Thread for this Topic,this is not really the Topic of this discussion,,,,,,it would be more appropriate in the "Prophecy Forum" & a good discussion