IGNORED

Does God love everyone? Does God love everyone the same?

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I am posing those two questions, because I believe they have two different answers. I think that as Christians, many of us may have an inaccurate or incomplete understanding of God's love. 

My hope here is to initiate a conversation, wherein the participants can bring out a fuller understanding of God's love, than many of us currently understand. I feel sure that there are many here, who are mature in the word, and can contribute to this topic. I hope that each post has information to offer, not just an opinion of a yes or know, as if this was a poll.

I good read, and an excellent free resource, is by noted New Testament scholar, Don Carson.

I reserve the right to close this topic, if it gets ridiculously redundant, bitter, or so long that it is in danger of intimidating new readers because of it's length. I know some will not read threads, when the post count gets really high. They may have an interest in the topic, but do not want to wade through a tedious amount of verbiage. If I decide to close it, I will probably add a final post with a bulleted list of all the points you were able to develop about God's love from the pages of scripture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

God loves everyone.God does not have favorites like our world has.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No he doesn't.....    very plainly states that he hated Essau.....     some think that he was being relational and didn't really mean hate but liked much less, but personally I go strait word and say he says he hated Essau..

So the Answer from my point of view is    No and No.

Guest shiloh357

But when it says he hated Esau, it was not talking about contempt.   It was covenant language that simply means that Esau garnered less favor than Jacob in that particular context.

There are people that God actually hates, but we have to be careful not to project our carnal idea and expression of hate on God.  Our expression of hate is murderous.    But God hates the very people He loves.   He hates some people, but that hatred is held in righteous, holy perfection and is not the same as our human version which is unforgiving and stems from the flesh.

It's not something I think we as humans can emulate, necessarily.

God hates sin and loves Holiness.God does not love Satan and neither should we.

But when it says he hated Esau, it was not talking about contempt.   It was covenant language that simply means that Esau garnered less favor than Jacob in that particular context.

There are people that God actually hates, but we have to be careful not to project our carnal idea and expression of hate on God.  Our expression of hate is murderous.    But God hates the very people He loves.   He hates some people, but that hatred is held in righteous, holy perfection and is not the same as our human version which is unforgiving and stems from the flesh.

Would you please give me Scripture for that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Do you agree, God  does not hate people and want all people to come to him for Salvation?

For we as humans  look at hate different then God?

God is Holy and wants us to love all people so people can see Christ in us..

God hates the sin but not not the sinner?

Is it possible you think people will see Jesus in you if you keep telling them how bad they are?

Would we be allowed to hate people?

Sorry I'm not picking on you or anything but respect your opinion :) You know the O.T. and meanings more then most people here on the board..

I'm just wondering how you look at that,I did speak a few words about this with somebody on the board,thanks :)

I

Guest shiloh357

The Bible tells us in Psalm 5 that God hates evildoers.    It says in Proverbs 6 that God hates those who shed innocent blood.   We have always said that God doesn't hate anyone, but the Scriptures tell us that there people that God hates.

As I stated before and I guess you didn't pick up on is that God doesn't "hate"  the way WE do.   His hatred doesn't exclude his love.   God loves the people he hates and wants them to repent.  It's not something we have  point of reference for in our experience.

The Bible tells us in Psalm 5 that God hates evildoers.    It says in Proverbs 6 that God hates those who shed innocent blood.   We have always said that God doesn't hate anyone, but the Scriptures tell us that there people that God hates.

As I stated before and I guess you didn't pick up on is that God doesn't "hate"  the way WE do.   His hatred doesn't exclude his love.   God loves the people he hates and wants them to repent.  It's not something we have  point of reference for in our experience.

It is the sin that He hates not the person.