• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

Guess it would be easier than being responsible an doing the right thing.

What do YOU consider to be the right thing, uncertain?

The best thing to do would be to separate the science from the politics, but sadly that will never happen.

This is a well written article from a gentleman I have meet a couple of times. Read it with an open mind.

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/11/7187057/global-warming-free-market-solution-republican-skepticism

Edited by Uncertain

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,392
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Oh and what is the right thing.....        All the planets in our solar system are heating up....    so how do you turn down the sun......        chemtrails???

How do you shut down the extra volcanoes that are presently active?     How can you blame mankind for  that extra heat coming from the earth itself?

How can we reset the magnetosphere that seems to be drifting around...

Maybe if mankind got back to God instead of what we're doing.....   

Oh and what is the right thing..... All the planets in our solar system are heating up.... so how do you turn down the sun...... chemtrails???

How do you shut down the extra volcanoes that are presently active? How can you blame mankind for that extra heat coming from the earth itself?

Not all the planets are warming, just some of them. If the sun were solely responsible then they all would and would be in degrees relative to their position, this is not happening either.

Scientists these days have multiple ways of measuring the sun, and over the last 40 years the sun and the warming of the globe have been going in opposite directions.

Volcanic activity actually cools the earth, not warms it. Volcanoes emit sulfate aerosols which actually reflect sunlight, causing a cooling effect, not a warming.

The easiest right thing to do would be for people to quit spreading false information based on their political ideology.

Edited by Uncertain

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

After reading through this thread I did a little reading up on what was going on forty years ago, in the climate science field.  As it turns out, every single one of you is right.  Even if you don't have time to read through it, scroll down to the charts.  I beg off first hand knowledge because I was a child then and don't remember.  Hopefully, this will stop the bickering.  Hey, I can dream, can't I?  See here: 

http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-intermediate.htm

We most certainly need to see your dream license however :foot-stomp:

Oops!  I'm caught red handed; dreaming wihout a license, Steven!  :blush2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

The best thing to do would be to separate the science from the politics, but sadly that will never happen.

This is a well written article from a gentleman I have meet a couple of times. Read it with an open mind.

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/11/7187057/global-warming-free-market-solution-republican-skeptic

All well and good to separate fact from politics but.....how does that help the environment?  What are you doing that actually addresses the problem?  Not the debate....the problem. You told another poster that spreading false data was easier than being responsible (not an exact quote).  What do you suggest that entails?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,392
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Oh and what is the right thing..... All the planets in our solar system are heating up.... so how do you turn down the sun...... chemtrails???

How do you shut down the extra volcanoes that are presently active? How can you blame mankind for that extra heat coming from the earth itself?

Not all the planets are warming, just some of them. If the sun were solely responsible then they all would and would be in degrees relative to their position, this is not happening either.

Scientists these days have multiple ways of measuring the sun, and over the last 40 years the sun and the warming of the globe have been going in opposite directions.

Volcanic activity actually cools the earth, not warms it. Volcanoes emit sulfate aerosols which actually reflect sunlight, causing a cooling effect, not a warming.

The easiest right thing to do would be for people to quit spreading false information based on their political ideology.

What's happening to us from the sun is magnetic and you can't block that out.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,168
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Two things you got wrong.

First, it was not the climate change of the 70s, a review of the scientific journals of the time show more articles, by a 6 to 1 margin, about warming, not cooling.

Second, the scientists that warned about cooling all focused on aerosols, and the need to cut back on their use. In the 70s, not everything was broken down via party lines and people actually listened to the scientists instead of brushing off based on politics, and cut back on the use of aerosols. So, they were not wrong.

Something you got wrong friend: I was there. I saw it. We were taught it in school. Our parents chuckled and went on with life. Don't ever tell me I didn't live through something I lived through. The only real difference was that they didn't preach the Ice Age scenario with quite the same propaganda like frequency like they do global warming today. You could still watch a nature doco and wouldn't come up . . . 

The "responable thing" seems to be to turn our country into a 3rd world pesthole, and I'm not okay with that. I'm also done with this so called debate. Have a nice day . . .

What they taught at your school is irrelevant, what the scientific community was saying is a matter of record, and it does not jive with what your school was teaching.

The adults of that generation didn't laugh, they acted responsibly and changed their ways in the use of aerosols.

We seem to be talking about 2 different things here. The aerosol thing was one time where the science and government actually did the right thing. Again: I know. I was there - in the southern hemisphere living next door to that ozone hole over the south pole, assuming that's what you're referring to. Totally different thing than the warm/cooling debate which I won't waste time on.

They really didn't "change their ways" in the use of aerosols, by the way. Just the propellants. There's still lots of aerosols used today.

Two things you got wrong.

First, it was not the climate change of the 70s, a review of the scientific journals of the time show more articles, by a 6 to 1 margin, about warming, not cooling.

Second, the scientists that warned about cooling all focused on aerosols, and the need to cut back on their use. In the 70s, not everything was broken down via party lines and people actually listened to the scientists instead of brushing off based on politics, and cut back on the use of aerosols. So, they were not wrong.

Something you got wrong friend: I was there. I saw it. We were taught it in school. Our parents chuckled and went on with life. Don't ever tell me I didn't live through something I lived through. The only real difference was that they didn't preach the Ice Age scenario with quite the same propaganda like frequency like they do global warming today. You could still watch a nature doco and wouldn't come up . . . 

The "responable thing" seems to be to turn our country into a 3rd world pesthole, and I'm not okay with that. I'm also done with this so called debate. Have a nice day . . .

What they taught at your school is irrelevant, what the scientific community was saying is a matter of record, and it does not jive with what your school was teaching.

The adults of that generation didn't laugh, they acted responsibly and changed their ways in the use of aerosols.

We seem to be talking about 2 different things here. The aerosol thing was one time where the science and government actually did the right thing. Again: I know. I was there - in the southern hemisphere living next door to that ozone hole over the south pole, assuming that's what you're referring to. Totally different thing than the warm/cooling debate which I won't waste time on.

They really didn't "change their ways" in the use of aerosols, by the way. Just the propellants. There's still lots of aerosols used today.

No, we are talking about the same thing, it was aerosols in the atmosphere that were predicated to cause global cooling. You might have be been there but your memory of the situation is clouded by personal biases. Instead of relying on 40 year old memories, look at the scientific papers of the time. For the record, I was there also.

This is a well written article from a gentleman I have meet a couple of times. Read it with an open mind.http://www.vox.com/2014/11/11/7187057/global-warming-free-market-solution-republican-skepticp

All well and good to separate fact from politics but.....how does that help the environment?  What are you doing that actually addresses the problem?  Not the debate....the problem. You told another poster that spreading false data was easier than being responsible (not an exact quote).  What do you suggest that entails?

What am I doing personally? Well the wife and I downsized our home cutting our square feet in half, we have the most energy efficient appliances we could find and use geothermal energy for heating and AC. We downsized when it was time for new cars and have much more fuel efficient cars.

We have divested our investments from any company not environmentally friendly and have focused a portion of our investments into companies focused on new sources of energy.

This issue is high on my list when it comes to voting.

There is not much more I can do personally.