• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, simplejeff.

Shalom, Pamelasv.

For crying out loud havent people had that happen when you did nothing to deserve it? So your hands were clean. That has happened quite frequently in my life. Maybe not to everyone. I have had people just hate me. I didn't do anything to them at all.

Perception is everything. Even if you have "done nothing wrong," if someone PERCEIVES that you have, then maybe you have and just don’t know it! We often sin without realizing it, and sometimes that is against God, but sometimes that is against our neighbor. The wise person will make amends, regardless whether he or she understands what went wrong. ASK! You might just say, “Oh, my goodness! I never knew! I am SO sorry!"

perception may or may not be so much....   always do what is right (do as yahweh says) even if others call you crazy for it(like yahshua's family did at one time think he was crazy and sought to get to him)

to always do what is right,  it is necessary to be immersed in yahshua and abide in him and let HIS WORD abide in you,  by grace and through faith in him, faith even also being a gift from yahweh and not of ourselves...

however,  i think there's something else, some other reason, for this thread --- not necessarily to post it, as the forum is open to the whole world/ public....  but for prayer .. .. ..    or has the original question been answered satisfactorily? 

For crying out loud havent people had that happen when you did nothing to deserve it? So your hands were clean. That has happened quite frequently in my life. Maybe not to everyone. I have had people just hate me. I didn't do anything to them at all.

multitudes of people will hate you just because you're not one of them (in their group).

the world will hate you as yahshua says if you stand up for the truth in yahshua.

the world will love you if you stay or become again (having been saved) "of the world".

yahshua can deliver you if you are willing. (as he said about others while he was looking out over Jerusalem)...

Re-read Paul’s words:

Romans 14:14-23

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
KJV

1 Corinthians 6:12
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
KJV

1 Corinthians 8:4-13
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
KJV

Oh, and His name is NOT “Yahshua”; that is a MANGLING of the Hebrew and a “Frankenstein monster” of names. His name is “Yeshua`” or even better by transliteration, “Yeeshuwa`.” It is spelled “yod-tsere-shin-shureq-patach-`ayin." The word means “He shall save” or “He shall rescue” or “He shall deliver.” God’s Name, the poetic form of the Tetragrammaton, “YAH,” is NOT a part of His name and was never meant to be. You’re confusing His name with Yehowshuwa` (Joshua). They are NOT the same. His name in Hebrew can be found in Strong’s at OT:3442 whereas “Joshua” is found at OT:3091.

OT:3442 Yeeshuwa` (yay-shoo'-ah); for OT:3091; he will save; Jeshua, the name of ten Israelites, also of a place in Palestine:
KJV - Jeshua.

OT:3091 Yehowshuwa` (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah); or Yehowshu`a (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah); from OT:3068 and OT:3467; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader: -Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Compare OT:1954, OT:3442.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

It would be better to learn some Hebrew BEFORE assuming.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I deleted my post.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 6/24/2015 at 10:18 PM, Pamelasv said:

'Therefore if you are presenting your offer at the altar, and the there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering at the alter and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.'

So my question is: Why?

Dear sister Pamelasv,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

On 6/25/2015 at 10:31 AM, Littlelambseativy said:

If you know that your "brother" resents you or thinks you have done him wrong...though you may not have,...first go and settle things with your friend or relative, then come before God. Not just when you have wronged another and they are offended...but when a wrong is perceived by another and you have heard of it.

On 7/2/2015 at 4:55 AM, thereselittleflower said:

Remember when Paul speaks about how the Corinthians may eat of anything they find in the market place, and not to worry about whether it is clean or not - but if a brother weaker in the faith would have his faith damaged, they were not to eat of foods known to be unclean for the sake of the brother in the Lord, and that if they did eat, they would use their liberty in Christ to become a stumbling block for their brother?

It seems to me the same principle is at work here.   If someone has something against us, even if it is not valid, we are instructed to go to them and reconcile ourselves with them - if we do not, then we also would be using our liberty in Christ to become a stumbling block to our brother.   Going to our brother allows them an opportunity to forgive and let go of their anger  - for, as Jesus taught us in the Lord's prayer, "Forgive us our sins AS we forgive those who sin against us"  -  and receive forgiveness; and it gives us an opportunity to die just a little bit more to ourselves and become more like Christ. It is a win - win for everyone.

Very good your comment, sister Littlelambseativity.

Also the comment from sister MarylinC served to bring me something to remember:

On 6/29/2015 at 9:30 PM, Marilyn C said:

Thus with the scripture you have asked about - bringing your offering before the altar, & going to be reconciled to your brother. The Law required all sorts of offerings to be brought to the altar in the temple, & Jesus is again focussing the people of Israel`s attention on the fact that God requires a right heart, & not just `burnt offerings.` 

Although there were several kinds of offerings, they all had something in common: to seek the reconciliation of the human being with the Eternal. And the reason why the Eternal commands that the individual first reconcile with his brother and then offer is because reconciliation with him could only be effected after communion with the brethren has been restored:

·        “Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18.18-20).

·        “If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.” (1John 4.20,21).

There is no point in speaking in reconciliation with the Father when we are fighting with His children:

·        “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.” (1John 5.1).

After all, what is the true will of the Eternal?

·        “Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.” (Matthew 18.14).

Today the Eternal does not want us to offer any activity or goods but only our body so that He will use our lips to utter His will:

·        “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” (Romans 12.1).

·        “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.” (Hebrews 15.9).

May Jesus make us an acceptable offering to the Lord.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 6/24/2015 at 3:18 PM, Pamelasv said:

'Therefore if you are presenting your offer at the altar, and the there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering at the alter and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.'

So my question is: Why?

why what?