Going through a difficult situation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have been dating my girlfriend for nearly 2 years now. But with the recent legalizing of gay marriage it caused us to have a serious argument, she believes I am being hateful for not supporting the LGBT community (I have never claimed righteousness over them or ever used scripture to bash them down) I have only shared what the bible says on homosexuality, anyway, I explained to her that as a Christian, we (me and her both identify as Christians based on being saved by Christs blood) can should not support sinful actions but that we can still love them.

All our arguing has basically told me that the bible is not the ultimate authority in her life (why I didn't know this until now is my own fault for not addressing it) but my issue now is, she and I both understand that if we don't agree, our relationship will be over, I am adamant on trusting Gods word, and she is adamant that she is doing what is right. It kills me to think I have to break up with her, but I know what I will have to do if an agreement cannot be met, I just need lots of prayer, inspiring words, and a little advice. Please feel free to let me know what you think. God bless this community for allowing me to speak.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I dont know how old you are, which could alter my advice. But if you are dating with the possibility of marriage, then unfortunately breaking up is something you should probably do. The bible tells us not to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. I believe that it would apply in her case too if she isnt putting His word as the guide to how she lives. If she isnt following the bible, if she isnt following the Lord with all her heart mind soul and strength, you will end up with a lot of conflict in any long term relationship, one that could affect your walk with the Lord. 

Perhaps what you should do is take this to the Lord. Pray. Ask Him what He would have you do. Tell her honestly how you feel about the need to follow His word. Remember though you are to put the Lord first in your life. Not her. 

As my pastor said today, stand firm for your faith. The lines have been drawn in the sand in this country.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Trust God first and you sound like you are there on that. It is an unfortunate reality that thing such as this occur in relationships, but better now than 10 years from now with two kids. Pray for guidance and discernment, but, you sound like you are on the right trail as far as addressing the situation in a proper biblical manner.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

welcome to Worthy. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Welcome to Worthy...do what is right in the eyes of God...you are his child

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Welcome, John.

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Welcome to Worthy!  I pray God directs your path

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

After two years of dating with someone who you must have thought to be a possible life partner, particularly when this is becoming more difficult with the turns our society is taking, unless your foundation is on God and His Word, your marriage will have a difficult time succeeding. God is adamant on this issue. There is no maybe...or but... Better to find out now, but if this remains a contentious issue, God is showing you something now before it's too late. Trust in Him and pray that His will be done in your life ...especialy with a partner that will love and honour Him as you desire to do. To join with someone who is not like minded about scripture will lead to discord.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

To the first comment, we are both 20. So marriage was very close around the corner, we were not engaged as I did not feel it was time yet to get married (Gods perfect timing I guess right? Haha) but it still aches at my heart. She was a fairly new Christian when I met her and she had been being mentored when we got to dating for a whole year. It kills me because she learned this stuff, her mentor (who was my own mother, and a very long time believer) explained to her that the faith definition is about obeying God despite personal feelings, circumstance, or cultural pressures, I know she learned that stuff yet when the time came for her to make a decision she chose against that.

It just kills me you know? It's also discouraging because I thought she was the one, unless we can talk her through this when she gets back from her vacation I have already decided I was going to break up with her.

The only thing left I feel is lost, will I ever find a Christian woman who can REALLY put the bible and its teachings above all things? I thought I had found one, but the storms of life brought that building down. It's just discouraging and leaves me skeptical of the other fish, and I know that's unfair but that's the taste left in my mouth right now. Thank you for the advice and thank you for accepting me with open arms. I'm definitely still open to opinions on this.

All input is welcome.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Please feel free to let me know what you think....

~

Praying~!

The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. Psalm 18:2 (NLT)

We Are The Judge

In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes. Judges 21:25 (ESV)

Or Are

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (NIV)

We?

But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:36-37 (NIV)

Makes Me Cry Out For Mercy

But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;

they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.” Lamentations 3:21-24 (ESV)