IGNORED

Who or what is the two witnesses of god in the end times?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Chapter 11 is better understood following the meaning of chapter 10 and the bitter experience of chewing on a little book of prophecy - namely Daniel.

The crux of Daniel is the ratification of the sanctuary in heaven. Without the knowledge of the sanctuary in heaven and the ministry of Christ our High Priest there, chapter 11 has no guide.

It begins with measuring the temple, which has nothing to do with the charred grounds and rubble in Jerusalem.

The temple refers to the body of Christ - the people of God as well as the ministry of Christ for the believers in heaven... "measure the temple... and them that worship therein." But not the court - why?

Because it is going to be trampled for a long time. What is the court yard? And what Altar is the Altar for the heavenly temple?

The Altar for heaven was the cross on earth, and the court yard represents the sanctity that was supposed to be placed around that sacrifice on Calvary... on earth  - the place where the dragon reigns. For how long?

For 1260 years the Papacy made its own sanctuary on earth with its altars incense and false priesthood. It trampled on the truth by removing the Bible from the people. The two witnesses of the old and new testaments, the law and the prophets and apostles. Jesus said "these are they which testify or witness of me." These are the "two witnesses of the Lord in all the earth" - Zechariah.

After the 1260 reign or (42 months) of the Antichrist, France began a revolution against the Papacy and anything religious including the bible which was burned in public squares, but after 3 1/2 days/ years the British and Foreign Bible Society, 1804 AD, bought the book back to life, and was rapidly honored and resurrected. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

There is a temple in heaven and the temple that Solomon built was a replica of the one in heaven. The cross is not the altar. Jesus told Mary not to touch Him because He had not yet ascended to heaven to present Himself the sacrifice for all mankind and place His pure blood on the altar in heaven...the Lamb without blemish an offering for all who would accept His sacrifice.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

It needs to made clear, regardless of how obvious it is, exactly where or what heaven is. I think we can agree that the heaven mentioned by Littlelambseativy is the 3rd heaven where God dwells. Can we also agree that heaven is God's throne? (Psalm 11:4, Isa 66:1, Matt 5:34, Rev 4:2). 

Psalm 11:4 mentions God being in the temple on his throne. So now we know that God's throne is in heaven, and also in the temple. 

We can also determine that our bodies are the temple of God. (John 2:21 (christ's body), 1 Cor 6:19(our bod)). 

Putting these 2 together we can see that our body is the temple where God dwells (John 14:10-11 (dwells in Christ), John 14:20 (christ in the disciples)). 

We are all part of the body of Christ, part of the Kingdom of God, part of heaven and heaven in us. They destruction of the physical temple in 70AD was the period on the age of the physical temple. The only temple that Christians should be concerning themselves with is our own and the connection we have with God first, then our "neighbors" second. This is how we build the temple and kingdom of God.

"In my father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you" (John 14:2). 

The temple talked about in Rev 11 is a representation of the Old Testament laws, ways, and statutes that God gave to the children of Israel. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

There is a temple in heaven and the temple that Solomon built was a replica of the one in heaven. The cross is not the altar. Jesus told Mary not to touch Him because He had not yet ascended to heaven to present Himself the sacrifice for all mankind and place His pure blood on the altar in heaven...the Lamb without blemish an offering for all who would accept His sacrifice.

Yes there is an altar in heaven, but I have not found it to be the altar of burnt offering.

The altar of burnt offering stood outside the temple within the courtyard. This altar represented the sacrifice of the Lamb of God, which we understand to be the crucifixion of Christ on earth. The benefits of this sacrifice would be ministered by the high priest in heaven - Jesus Himself.

So the altar and courtyard represent what transpired on earth, and the temple what takes place in heaven.

(But both these are applied to the earth, - past, present and future, so that by one sacrifice, and one high priest salvation is ministered for earth for all time. The earthly sanctuary was only a type which could not help anyone, unless the people recognized it as symbolic of what God would do for them in the future, by which act they would receive the benefits in their day. So what God had promised was already fulfilled in the beginning for the believer, because whatever God promises is as good as done and established regardless of when it is acted upon. This is what it means when it says "faith is the substance of things not seen.")

As far as an altar in heaven, there is only one altar in heaven - the altar of incense which is before the most holy place or the second apartment where the ark was, containing the ten laws. This altar is not the altar of burnt offering. 

Edited by Kan

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

the two witnesses , I know that Jesus said that before I come that Elijah would come first

would this be as a prophet for the two witnesses or was it fulfilled with moses and Him with Jesus on the mountain of transfiguration, this needs to be taken into account,

thank you and here you go Reinitin, please feel free to place a comment or point of view, thank you and peace to you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎5‎/‎08‎/‎2015 at 4:41 AM, SINNERSAVED said:

I know Brothers and Sisters that you have seen this common post before but I am new and it is tough to go back into history , so can some one please tell me who the two witnesses of god is or what the two witnesses stand for if it be symbolic, for I have heard so many different answers and I know this is the place to post this , so hear is what I was told in the pass, moses and elijah, enoch and moses, it is the old testament and the new , it is the church, it is the law and grace, I know it tells of two possible prophets of old , but they are over come killed in the street and then raised on the third day and so I have heard all types of things on this, sorry about the spelling forgive me, but I hope its clear to read , and if they do show up is it during tribulation or when gods wrath is being poured out, trying to get the scene and the timing of these two , and how the 144,000 virgin males are in the time of this end mentioned in revelation, thank you I know its a mouth full but what do you say I am open for scriptural teaching, and any help will be appreciated thank you

Hi Sinnersaved,

Thought I`d give you my view of the 2 witnesses. Now we know that a `witness` has to have `witnessed` something. Thus that is a major clue. Then we look back into God`s word & see what major events of Christ`s life was witnessed by 2 individuals, 2 men & lo & behold we see them.  

The 3 major events being – talking to Jesus of His crucifixion, His resurrection & His ascension. These are the main facts that Israel will need to know & who better to tell them than those who `witnessed` these events & heard from the Lord Himself plus being the very representatives of the Law & Prophets.

Mount Transfiguration -  `behold 2 men talked with Him (Christ), who were Moses & Elijah, who appeared in glory, & spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.` (Luke 9: 30)

The Tomb -  `behold, 2 men stood by them in shining garments.`  (Luke 24: 4)

The Ascension -  `while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, Behold, 2 men stood by them in white apparel,`  (Acts 1: 10)

Thus we see these same 2 men, I believe, now appearing to Israel during the second half of the tribulation witnessing of Christ, not only as their soon coming King but also as their High Priest, the one who gave His life for them, & arose victorious over sin & death.

As an added -

God gives the 2 men, God`s Witnesses, Moses & Elijah great power. This is the same power He gave them when they were on earth previously.

`And I will give power to my 2 witnesses,...  If anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth & devours their enemies.... These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls.... & they have power over waters to turn them to blood, & to strike the earth with all plagues.....`(Rev. 11: 3 – 6)

Hope that gives you something to look into & think about bro. Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, I that the two witnesses of Revelation 11 are a comparison to Joshua and Caleb who were the only ones found righteous and able to enter into the promised land because they believed God. 

I think the only reason they are compared to other people in scripture like Enoch or Elijah or Moses is because we have difficulty understanding where they come from. 

However, they could be independent individuals chosen to be strong and courageous for this purpose like Caleb and Joshua because there are many strong similarities to the prophecy and Israel's deliverance from Egypt.

Right now, whoever these witnesses are, could simply be busy working as carpenters until their time comes to fulfill their ministry. 

"When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, 'They have no wine.' And Jesus said to her, 'Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come," (John 2:3-4). 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

33 minutes ago, Esther4:14 said:

Personally, I that the two witnesses of Revelation 11 are a comparison to Joshua and Caleb who were the only ones found righteous and able to enter into the promised land because they believed God. 

I think the only reason they are compared to other people in scripture like Enoch or Elijah or Moses is because we have difficulty understanding where they come from. 

However, they could be independent individuals chosen to be strong and courageous for this purpose like Caleb and Joshua because there are many strong similarities to the prophecy and Israel's deliverance from Egypt.

Right now, whoever these witnesses are, could simply be busy working as carpenters until their time comes to fulfill their ministry. 

"When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, 'They have no wine.' And Jesus said to her, 'Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come," (John 2:3-4). 

Yeah, but you notice he did follow his mothers orders......    and they did seem to be orders...   and that's one of my favorite Bible stories...       Told my kids that if the Son of God has to mind his mother, you'd better fall in line yourself.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/7/2016 at 3:21 PM, other one said:

Yeah, but you notice he did follow his mothers orders......    and they did seem to be orders...   and that's one of my favorite Bible stories...       Told my kids that if the Son of God has to mind his mother, you'd better fall in line yourself.

Yes, mothers are special.  I miss mine very much. She was killed when I was 16.  I have been on my own ever since for the most part.  I was on my own before this, but my mother did thr best she could.  There was no way for her to know what my father was connected with.  Thank goodness for the church, otherwise I might not have survived at all.  

But, I will have to tell my children this too.  :). But the point I was making was that there is no reason to believe the witnesses will fallout of the sky if the Son of God lived as a regular person before starting His ministry.  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

if it is two people that come back from the past, and has not tasted death , for the bible says that man is to live once and then judgment,

so lets try to see what here fits, this is a future event >

there is two of them, and able to shut the sky from rain,

turn the water to blood, and kill people with fire out of there mouth , ? that one I don't understand yet ?

but these two will for a time is it 3.5 years ? or so ? and then will be killed, and lay in the streets as people celebrate, and then on the third day , they stand up and raise, and are raptured to the heavens, now would this be the same time the believers are raptured, and does this fall with the six seal ? or are we already in heaven, for if the believers are out of the way , then the twop witnesses, are during the tribulation,  or of the time of wrath,???

okay, I know we went over this but it makes it very clear the more we pin point these issue down.

now I think I said the two if came back my guess would be Elijah and moses, but , it could be Elijah and enoch,

moses already died so , the only two is enoch and Elijah ,  would fire really come out of there mouth or is this a symbolism type thing ?

I was just thinking about this ,. and one got any other ideas or comment to this ?