IGNORED

should CHRISTIANS OWN WEAPONS OR FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 11/22/2016 at 1:01 PM, Churchmouse said:

But they would say love their enemie and if someone asks you for your coat give them more and also turn the other cheek.

but it does not say "let them rape your wife and steal your children"

Edited by woundeddog

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Keep in mind that it was "Someone else"  that empowered David to kill Goliath.   David didn't do it on his own.

That isnt necessarily so.  Remember that David was not some weeny teenager, he had killed a lion with his bare hands, and had a very lethal weapon.  Actually with David's skills Goliath really didn't have much of a chance.   David knew that and was incensed that the army was letting him back them down. I've known people that could kill you with a sling like David had at 75 yards away.  What was the importance was that David wasn't afraid.  He had the skills and Goliath was taunting his God and he was not going to have it...

Guest shiloh357
Just now, other one said:

That isnt necessarily so.  Remember that David was not some weeny teenager, he had killed a lion with his bare hands, and had a very lethal weapon.  Actually with David's skills Goliath really didn't have much of a chance.   David knew that and was incensed that the army was letting him back them down. I've known people that could kill you with a sling like David had at 75 yards away.  What was the importance was that David wasn't afraid.  He had the skills and Goliath was taunting his God and he was not going to have it...

Actually, the Bible gives credit to God for that victory and David even said that God would give him the victory (I Sam. 17:37, 46-47)  David was not trusting in his own ability, but attributed his victory to God even in advance of that victory.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Self defence is God ordained.

Pro 25:26, "A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring." The Bible is full of stories promoting self-defense. One of the earliest tells of some men who kidnapped Lot, the patriarch Abraham's nephew. Abraham organized a militia and by force of arms rescued Lot from his kidnappers (Gen. 14:12 ). 

Exodus 22:2, If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

Jesus said  the disciples before they were sent out where there were murders and thieves;

Luke 22:36, Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Luke 22: 38, And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Many people, Christians included, assume that Christ taught pacifism. They cite Matthew 5:38-39 where in these verses Jesus said, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, that ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Jesus, here was condemning taking vengeance on someone who insulted or hit you.  It is this very passage that has been confused by Christian pacifists who would misinterpret the context of the passage in the Sermon on the Mount about turning the other cheek (which prohibits private vengeance) into a command to falter before the wicked.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

On 8/6/2015 at 11:04 PM, missmuffet said:

What is your opinion? Get a gun for defense or trust God to protect you?

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition"

Edited by Steve_S
Video in post.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 Samuel 17

37 And David said, “The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” And Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you!”

45 Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down and cut off your head. 

Saul army had prep David with sword and armor ect., but he threw those down.  He went with his sling and stones, because it was confidence in the lord to fight the battle, it was the Lord's battle not his.

Moses went into pharaoh palace with a staff and his brother as his mouthpiece and took the Israelite out of pharaoh kingdom without firing a shot.  Pharaoh came with his might army, but Moses lifted up his staff to the heavens.   

Men believe God will answer their prayers in sickness and difficult situations, but he cannot take them out of others or that he does not know what every situation is going to be like.  He knew us before we were born when we were in the womb.  We are talking about the ALMIGHTY GOD here, not one of his subordinates.

Guns and ammo has its place and function.  Governments use their Armies to enforce civil law and order, and guns is usually the main choice.  We as christians do not focus our life on the protection of  it but leave that to the Lord Of Host , who has given us promises that he will when we set our hearts right with him. We are spiritual people and our walk is different from the world and we do not think like the world.   Our life here is like a vapour, here today and gone tommorow.   

Psalm 18English Standard Version (ESV)

In my distress I called upon the Lord;
    to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
    and my cry to him reached his ears.

Then the earth reeled and rocked;
    the foundations also of the mountains trembled
    and quaked, because he was angry.
Smoke went up from his nostrils,[b]
    and devouring fire from his mouth;
    glowing coals flamed forth from him.
He bowed the heavens and came down;
    thick darkness was under his feet.
10 He rode on a cherub and flew;
    he came swiftly on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him,
    thick clouds dark with water.
12 Out of the brightness before him
    hailstones and coals of fire broke through his clouds.

He sent from on high, he took me;
    he drew me out of many waters.
17 He rescued me from my strong enemy
    and from those who hated me,
    for they were too mighty for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
    but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a broad place;
    he rescued me, because he delighted in me.

20 The Lord dealt with me according to my righteousness;
    according to the cleanness of my hands he rewarded me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord,
    and have not wickedly departed from my God.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Keep in mind that it was "Someone else"  that empowered David to kill Goliath.   David didn't do it on his own.

I give God the credit for just about everything I accomplish but that doesn't mean that it is a miracle if I am capable of doing it...  just means that God made sure I did it right.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

18 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, the Bible gives credit to God for that victory and David even said that God would give him the victory (I Sam. 17:37, 46-47)  David was not trusting in his own ability, but attributed his victory to God even in advance of that victory.

........and every time I have faced down a thug (three in thirty years) I credited God for the Victory!

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 minutes ago, mikefromwichita said:

........and every time I have faced down a thug (three in thirty years) I credited God for the Victory!

Exactly. The way I see it, the good Lord blessed me with the ability to defend myself or others, as well as the responsibility to avoid using it except when absolutely necessary, but if I do, then it was the Lord's protection, not mine.