IGNORED

Meeting Famous Figures in the Afterlife

ethrayn,  it is great that you are sincerely seeking God and describe yourself as returned to Christianity , please make certain you don't confuse a pagan deity for the Most High God , Yahweh of the Judeo-Christian Bible who sent HIS son Christ Jesus into the world to die for sinners, that all who would repent and believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that God raised Jesus from the dead would be saved.  Romans 10:9

muslims are taught Jesus was not the son of God, was not crucified,  and that he was a muslim and he is coming back to declare that and to kill all non-believers in Islam.  That doesn't sound all warm and fuzzy to me.  It is blaspheming the Almighty LORD God , Yahweh, and His son , Lord Jesus Christ. This is not compatible with scripture.

It’s definitely not all warm and fuzzy—some of Islam can be quite brutal, and I really do not like violence.  Also agreed that Yahweh sent His one and only beloved Son to die for our sins, and Christ set a loving example for us on how to behave as Christians (and got in the trenches by experiencing severe suffering for us and definitely walking the walk).  I do appreciate all of you trying to set me straight, and you are doing it in such a kind way as well.

Guest shiloh357

Islam has nothing to do with Abraham or Ishmael.  Islam made no Abrahamic connections until the Jews returned to their land  in the early part of 20th century.  Suddenly, they were claiming to be sons of Abraham.  Islam never claimed that in the previous centuries.   They claim Abraham was the first Muslim, but that is  later myth.  

They claim  that the Arabs are descended from Ishmael, but the Arabs pre-existed Ishmael in Genesis 10.  Islam is not Abrahamic.  Islam is trying to hi-jack the person of Abraham, to bolster their claim they, and not the Jews have the right to the Holy Land.

In Genesis 22 the ONLY son God recognized as being of Abraham was Isaac.

Islam has nothing to do with Abraham or Ishmael.  Islam made no Abrahamic connections until the Jews returned to their land  in the early part of 20th century.  Suddenly, they were claiming to be sons of Abraham.  Islam never claimed that in the previous centuries.   They claim Abraham was the first Muslim, but that is  later myth.  

They claim  that the Arabs are descended from Ishmael, but the Arabs pre-existed Ishmael in Genesis 10.  Islam is not Abrahamic.  Islam is trying to hi-jack the person of Abraham, to bolster their claim they, and not the Jews have the right to the Holy Land.

In Genesis 22 the ONLY son God recognized as being of Abraham was Isaac.

Isaac was the Son whom God had promised to Abraham.  

Abram waited so long for God to fulfill His promise to him, that he took the advice of his wife Sarai to try to have children with his maid, Hagar (since she said, “The Lord has restrained me from bearing [children].  I am asking you to have intercourse with my maid; it may be that I can obtain children by her (Gen. 16:2, AMP).”  In Genesis 16:10b (NIV), an Angel of the Lord appeared to Hagar, who was fleeing from Sarai’s treatment of her, and said “I will increase your descendants so much that they will be too numerous to count.”  Genesis 16:12 (AMP): “And he [ishmael] will be as a wild ass among men; his hand will be against every man and every man’s hand against him, and he will live to the east and on the borders of all his kinsmen.”

This site further explains the link from Ishmael’s descendants to Islam better than I could: 

[Sorry, I removed the link due to moderation of such links above]

In Gen. 17:19-21 (AMP), God tells Abraham how He will “establish My covenant or solemn pledge with him [my insertion here: that is, Isaac] for an everlasting covenant and with posterity after him”—that the Lord’s “covenant, My promise and pledge, I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this season next year.”  He also says that “And as for Ishmael, I have heard and heeded you: behold, I will bless him and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly; He will be the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.”  The descendants of Ishmael are described in Genesis 25:12-18.

Edited by ethrayn

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

ethrayn,

I believe any here would tell you the same thing I am. At the end of our days, when our time here is up, when you say your last prayer. Pray to Jesus, and ask for forgiveness. This is the only way to the Father. This, I am sure each one of us will do, if time goes on. allah will not hear your prayers, but Jesus will rejoice in them.

Any brother or sister in Christ will tell you this out of love, not disrespect. We all want to see you there with us.

Guest shiloh357

The descendants of Ishmael are no longer around.  The Midianites or Ishmaelites as they were called, are no longer a people.    Islam was started in the 5th century AD.   Ishmael was some 4,000 years before Christ.  There is no connection between the two.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

ethrayn-

You say you stand firm on your belief that allah and the God of the Bible are the same.  Wrong - this belief has no basis in fact.  Mysticism  is a very dangerous practice , it is faulty & deceptive. Mystics believe what they hear in their own mind and what they are "fed" by unholy spiritual beings. 

If  one is 'hearing in their mind' they should find out who is speaking.  If it's not Scriptural, it's not God. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

ethrayn,  it is great that you are sincerely seeking God and describe yourself as returned to Christianity , please make certain you don't confuse a pagan deity for the Most High God , Yahweh of the Judeo-Christian Bible who sent HIS son Christ Jesus into the world to die for sinners, that all who would repent and believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that God raised Jesus from the dead would be saved.  Romans 10:9

muslims are taught Jesus was not the son of God, was not crucified,  and that he was a muslim and he is coming back to declare that and to kill all non-believers in Islam.  That doesn't sound all warm and fuzzy to me.  It is blaspheming the Almighty LORD God , Yahweh, and His son , Lord Jesus Christ. This is not compatible with scripture.

It’s definitely not all warm and fuzzy—some of Islam can be quite brutal, and I really do not like violence.  Also agreed that Yahweh sent His one and only beloved Son to die for our sins, and Christ set a loving example for us on how to behave as Christians (and got in the trenches by experiencing severe suffering for us and definitely walking the walk).  I do appreciate all of you trying to set me straight, and you are doing it in such a kind way as well.

When a fellow believer counsels you it's because they care about you and your salvation, ethrayne.  You come across as very intelligent and I have hope that you are going to get where you need to be.  I continue to pray for you. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Okay, I could barely talk when I wrote the following—this is why my speech is so broken up here, but Christ is the one who brought this to my mind: “Abrahamic religions.”  I don’t want to mislead anyone at this forum, though, so please continue to trust the Holy Spirit’s guidance for yourselves and your own reasoning and religious instructions that you know and believe in, since I am a little odd:

Abrahamic religions (which I consider to be Christianity, Judaism, and Islam).  And Islam is a branch off of Abraham’s son, Ishmael.

~

Beloved

I will take you to be my people, and I will be your God, and you shall know that I am the LORD your God, who has brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. Exodus 6:7 (ESV)

Men Are Lying To You

“For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. Deuteronomy 7:6 (ESV)

For "Abrahamic Religion" Is All About The LORD Jesus

“‘See now that I, even I, am he,

and there is no god beside me;

I kill and I make alive;

I wound and I heal;

and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

For I lift up my hand to heaven

and swear, As I live forever,

if I sharpen my flashing sword

and my hand takes hold on judgment,

I will take vengeance on my adversaries

and will repay those who hate me.

I will make my arrows drunk with blood,

and my sword shall devour flesh—

with the blood of the slain and the captives,

from the long-haired heads of the enemy.’

“Rejoice with him, O heavens;

bow down to him, all gods,

for he avenges the blood of his children

and takes vengeance on his adversaries.

He repays those who hate him

and cleanses his people’s land.” Deuteronomy 32:39-43 (ESV)

And His Love For The Sinner

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,

because he has anointed me

to proclaim good news to the poor.

He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives

and recovering of sight to the blind,

to set at liberty those who are oppressed,

to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.Luke 4:18-19 (ESV)

And For Israel

The LORD roars from Zion, and utters his voice from Jerusalem, and the heavens and the earth quake. But the LORD is a refuge to his people, a stronghold to the people of Israel. Joel 3:16 (ESV)

And Islam 

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. John 5:24 (ESV)

Is Not

~

Beloved

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (ESV)

Believe And Be Blessed

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (ESV)

Love, Joe

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Ethrayne

We can only come to God and know him through "His Word"

Not Muhummads Word or anyone else's word, but God's own Word.

And God provided us with a place to find his Word so that we don't have to search all over the place,

and that place is called "the holy scriptures". 

In the past, God spoke through his prophets, and his words were recorded into separate scrolls and read out to the people, but this was for the Hebrews only.

Now God wants his Word to be shared to the gentiles also, so he orchestrated a way for his Word (old and new testaments) to be put all into the one book so that we can find him easy, and that book is called The Holy Bible.

Having the two books together we can see them side by side how they harmonise and speak the same language.  We can see so clearly that the author is the same throughout for both books testify of one an another. 

The prophets in this book are chosen and mentioned by God himself, because his Word declared it.  The prophets do not contradict each other but confirm one another, because their message is all in the same style and purpose.

When God draws us, he draws us to this book the Holy Bible, for this is the only book in the world where he has placed his Word for us to find him.

Any other book or prophet's teachings not contained in this book has not been sent by God, for he does not leave his word all over the place, but in the one spot.

By having his Word in the one place, we can compare scriptures and see a picture emerging.

This book is our only source, and everything else should be compared to this.

If another prophet does not speak along the same lines, then he doesn't belong.

It may not be easy to pick up at first, but in time, if you really study, you can spot the differences so easy.

God bless you in your quest for the truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

...Jesus.