• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. 

You are a Christian means you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and savior...

To say born again Christian is wrong in my opinion.

Its like saying "i am a Male man", that makes no sense to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,035
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I agree. 

You are a Christian means you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and savior...

To say born again Christian is wrong in my opinion.

Its like saying "i am a Male man", that makes no sense to me.

in this day and time one never knows here in the US.      We do have female men....     Cher's son would be a good example.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

who's cher's son?

In any case, you get my point... lol

Guest shiloh357

Too often I come across the term " Born Again Christian " .

The term will not be found in the Bible .

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

John 3:-3-6 says that unless a person is born again, they cannot enter the Kingdom of God.   In the Greek the term actually means, "born from above."    So you probably want to read your Bible before making such ridiculous claims.   A Christian is someone who is "born again"  according to Jesus

Perhaps you need to read again what I wrote . I have read Jn 3:3-6 enough times , and it says nothing about Born Again Christians .

Yeah, I get that.   The problem is that you claim it is unbiblical simply because the phrase, "born again Christian"  doesn't specifically appear the text.  All you are doing is splitting hairs.

That fact doesn't make it "unbiblical."   Something is "unbiblical"  when it goes against the Bible  and some way contradicts the Bible's teaching.   "Born again Christian"  although being a redundant term, isn't "unbiblical.

The word "grandfather"  doesn't appear in the Bible either.   Should we assume that is unbiblical too?    A little commonsense goes a long way...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

Yes it was. Try reading John 3:3-7.

I have read it .

It says nothing about Born Again Christians .

Read it again and you will see what it actually says .

So what? Christians should be born again so if you are a Christian who is born again you are a born again Christian. The Bible probably doesn't use the exact term 'Righteous Roman' either, but it does refer to people being righteous and it does refer to Romans.

I don't see why the term 'born again Christian' is theological nonsense. It actually makes theological sense to me. Maybe I've missed something. Could you please explain what you mean by it?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I have read it .

That's what a Christian is.  "Born again"  describes a person who is born of God, spiritually.   Christians are people who are born again.   You are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.

The only thing that has been manufactured by humans on this thread is the term "Born Again Christian" .

Can anyone find me the term "Born Again Christian" prior to the 1960s......a decade when some took the notion of manufacturing some sloppy , lazy theology.....not a good thing to do.....leads to error.....a thing to be avoided like the plague .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

So as not to offend or squabble, I will refrain from using the term you mentioned.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

What difference did you notice Davida ( between Christian and "born again")? I'm not sure I follow the term "cultural Christian" as you intend. I am interested though!

Guest shiloh357

I have read it .

That's what a Christian is.  "Born again"  describes a person who is born of God, spiritually.   Christians are people who are born again.   You are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.

The only thing that has been manufactured by humans on this thread is the term "Born Again Christian" .

Can anyone find me the term "Born Again Christian" prior to the 1960s......a decade when some took the notion of manufacturing some sloppy , lazy theology.....not a good thing to do.....leads to error.....a thing to be avoided like the plague .

That is complete nonsense.   You are making an issue out of a non-issue.   "Born again Christian" is a recently used phrase...   So what???   Does it contradict the Bible?   A Christian is someone who is born again.    So "born again Christian is perfectly fine to use and does not do violence to biblical doctrine.

How does a person become a Christian if not by being born again? 

Something is "unbiblical" when it contradicts the Bible and its teachings.   The Bible also does not contain the word, "grandfather."   Should we abandon that as well???    Honestly, you don't know what you're talking about.    "Born Again Christian" does not go crosswise with the Bible, or change anything about the Bible or the Gospel and so you are really out in left field.

Do you have a problem with being "born again?"  Does that concept offend you?

Guest shiloh357

What difference did you notice Davida ( between Christian and "born again")? I'm not sure I follow the term "cultural Christian" as you intend. I am interested though!

Cultural Christianity is a form of Christianity that doesn't have Christ in it.   People who are cultural Christians are those who think they are Christians because they were born into a Christian family, raised in church, have gone through the religious motions of whatever church they belong to.   They think they are Christians because they were raised in a Christian "culture" of church attendance and religious observance, but they never actually got saved.   They participate in the external Christian community but they miss Jesus because they have not obeyed the Gospel and truly trusted in Christ for salvation, i.e., they never got "born again."