I don't feel Gods presence anymore

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't feel Gods presence anymore and can't hear His voice. I repented of my sins. What do i need to do?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Evar,

Why don't go on your knees and ask God to reveal Himself to you,talk to Him and tell Him how you feel and start reading the Bible,I'm sure you hear His voice !

Matthew 7:7

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened

1Peter 5:7

Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

It is like that sometimes. I do not know why. Maybe a test of our faith? I went through it. For months. It was very very bad for me. But God is always there. We just need to keep running the race.

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Maybe you should read a Bible, Evar.

God Bless you.

Your friend, KPaulG.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

I don't feel Gods presence anymore and can't hear His voice. I repented of my sins. What do i need to do?

How did you repent?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

It has been the rare occasion that I have heard God in a way, where it has been like a voice, as opposed to a knowing of something that came to me. Hard to explain even that. Same with God's presence. Only a couple of times in thirty plus years, have I 'felt' His presence.

I think hearing and feeling God, is the exception, not the rule. I know in the Bible, that some people heard God, but those are fairly notable exceptions to the apparent norm, and off the top of my head, I do not recall God being felt at any time in the Bible. How would we really know that these experiences are what we perceive them to be anyway, perhaps they are only our imagination, or in some cases our own wishes manifested by our minds in some way?

There are over 70,000 people registered here, not all of them are active of course, but still, there are a lot of people who read these forums. In 12 days, not many have replied to you with an answer, I suggest that may be because not many have the experience that you seem to now be missing?

Personally, the fact that I do not typically feel God's presence, does not bother me in the least. I do not believe in Him, follow Him, serve Him, love Him or obey Him, because of some feeling I get from that. He has given me faith to believe, and out of the faith these other things flow. I know that he will never abandon, me, what ever I am feeling, and I hope that He gives me the grace, to never abandon Him.

From reading the Bible, I know what He wants and expects from me, and I understand how much I get from Him, and this is enough. Not feeling Him, is not something that needs to be fixed, in my opinion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Relax be still and know that He is God.  Don't depend on your feelings. They will lie to you.  God promised He would never leave you or forsake you.  He's there even when you are not aware of His presence.  I know what you are going through.  Just remember what He promises, He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

When you are struggling with this begin to praise Him.  The Bible says, God inhabits the praises of His People.  So even if you feel like your stumbling in your praises know that He is there and He will answer you.   We also have a chat room that you might like to  visit where you can talk one on one.

God Bless You Evar.

Because He Lives!!

RustyAngeL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Know that God is in control no matter what. he is inside of you if you accepted Christ as Savior and Lord and repent. He does live!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/30/1980

Reflect on the things that made you feel close to Him.  Do those things and pray for his presence.  I sometimes feel the same way.  I usually listen to some of my favorite songs and pray fervently. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

There are times in every life when this happens. I have found it helpful to turn to the Old hymns the give the gospel message in them to be the best.. The old rugged cross, Amazing grace. Blessed assurance. To God be the glory, Pass me not O gentle Saviour, Praise Him praise Him.... you can find more these are just Fanny Crosby's ...being blind shortly after birth...she still wrote words to comfort, uplift and heal the soul. Get these old hymns out and think about the words...sing them let them fill you very being. There are so many beautiful songs born from man's tragedy and turned into the most amazing words that heal and bring us closer to the Lord.