SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Jesus paid for our sins on the cross.   No one goes to hell to pay for sins.   They go to hell because they rejected the Gospel message and rejected God's offer of grace through Jesus Christ.   Hell is not a place to pay for sin because the payment of sin requires blood and the only blood God accepts for payment is the blood of Jesus.

I agree.

I agree too.  The Bible is clear on these things.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,155
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Rev. 20:10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night unto the ages of the ages. ... 14 [After the 7th Millennium], Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Hard to speculate beyond these things. How many ages are there to come? How can we understand eternal life or eternal death in eternity?

So don't worryaboutit, just stick with Jesus, and let him work it out. I suspect that the explanation to these things is beyond our present understanding.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

I know this is not the video forum ...but this is a great sermon on Hell. The "watch on Vimeo" button will take you to an external link.

:thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/OJAUrtrO6jU

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

An interesting passage from Jesus:

Forgiveness

Matthew 18    

21Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

23“For this reason the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves. 24“When he had begun to settle them, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. 25“But since he did not have the means to repay, his lord commanded him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all that he had, and repayment to be made. 26“So the slave fell to the ground and prostrated himself before him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you everything.’27“And the lord of that slave felt compassion and released him and forgave him the debt. 28“But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him a hundred denarii; and he seized him andbegan to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back what you owe.’ 29“So his fellow slave fell to the ground and beganto plead with him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you.’ 30“But he was unwilling and went and threw him in prison until he should pay back what was owed. 31“So when his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they were deeply grieved and came and reported to their lord all that had happened.32“Then summoning him, his lord said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33‘Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ 34“And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him35My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Recently, I heard two different evangelists talk about hell.  Both of whom are preachers of the word whom I would say are reliable.  But their take on hell was completely different, and they both used multiple scriptures, in context, to back up their position.  I haven't had time to study this on my own but I am curious what others think.  This is a simplified version of what they taught.

Position 1: If you are judged to go to Hell, you're there for eternity to pay for your sins.  Of course if you're a believer, the blood of the Lamb cleanses you from all unrighteousness.  This is a very orthodox position.

Position 2: If you are judged to go to Hell, you're there until the punishment for your sins is paid in full.  Then you are annihilated and cease to exist.  This is an unorthodox position which has a name (which I forget) that at least some relatively well known evangelists have embraced.

Does position 2 make sense?

No number 2 makes no sense at all.  Both are places of eternity.   Heaven is also a place of eternity.  How tragic it would be if that were the same for Heaven.  You spend 10,000 years there and you have used up all your good points then on to hell you go forever.  I heard that same preacher and I had to ask where in the world did he get scripture to back him up.  I noticed too he gave nothing.   Listen to the Word of God,  It is full of truth and not man made tails.

Recently, I heard two different evangelists talk about hell.  Both of whom are preachers of the word whom I would say are reliable.  But their take on hell was completely different, and they both used multiple scriptures, in context, to back up their position.  I haven't had time to study this on my own but I am curious what others think.  This is a simplified version of what they taught.

Position 1: If you are judged to go to Hell, you're there for eternity to pay for your sins.  Of course if you're a believer, the blood of the Lamb cleanses you from all unrighteousness.  This is a very orthodox position.

Position 2: If you are judged to go to Hell, you're there until the punishment for your sins is paid in full.  Then you are annihilated and cease to exist.  This is an unorthodox position which has a name (which I forget) that at least some relatively well known evangelists have embraced.

No number 2 makes no sense at all.  Both are places of eternity.   Heaven is also a place of eternity.  How tragic it would be if that were the same for Heaven.  You spend 10,000 years there and you have used up all your good points then on to hell you go forever.  I heard that same preacher and I had to ask where in the world did he get scripture to back him up.  I noticed too he gave nothing.   Listen to the Word of God,  It is full of truth and not man made tails.

There are many, many that are spreading false doctrine out there.  Believers should only rely on the Bible, not on what someone tells them. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

There are many, many that are spreading false doctrine out there.  Believers should only rely o the Bible, not on what someone tells them. 

Well yes because guess who is working overtime?

There are many, many that are spreading false doctrine out there.  Believers should only rely on the Bible, not on what someone tells them. 

I know.  And he is working through many so-called preachers and evangelists too.  It's disheartening to see so many trying to deceive, even if unknowingly. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I know.  And he is working through many so-called preachers and evangelists too.  It's disheartening to see so many trying to deceive, even if unknowingly. 

He is working with whomever will listen to him.

Guest shiloh357

An interesting passage from Jesus:

Forgiveness

Matthew 18    

21Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

23“For this reason the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves. 24“When he had begun to settle them, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. 25“But since he did not have the means to repay, his lord commanded him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all that he had, and repayment to be made. 26“So the slave fell to the ground and prostrated himself before him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you everything.’27“And the lord of that slave felt compassion and released him and forgave him the debt. 28“But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him a hundred denarii; and he seized him andbegan to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back what you owe.’ 29“So his fellow slave fell to the ground and beganto plead with him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you.’ 30“But he was unwilling and went and threw him in prison until he should pay back what was owed. 31“So when his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they were deeply grieved and came and reported to their lord all that had happened.32“Then summoning him, his lord said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33‘Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ 34“And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him35My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.

That is not talking about Hell.    We don't pay for our sins in Hell.   That's not what Hell is for.   Hell is eternal condemnation for rejecting Jesus who paid for sins.  Sins are already paid for.   Jesus paid for all of our sins on the cross.    Hell is the eternal consequence of rejecting Jesus.