IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

6 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

Indeed that LAW of God applies to the whole world.

So then in Rom 3:31 we have this as the conclusion "What do we make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid!! In fact we establish the Law of God"

(Give me the Bible - AND the Words IN the Bible)

Establish with Jesus brother, not works.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,585
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 11/4/2015 at 9:47 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

HELLO EVERYONE, I was roaming around in the old testament and in Leviticus I came arcoss that we, if we are believers and follow God ,we are not to eat swines fleshĀ  in chapter 11, now I did not know this ,but I heard it on the radio the calvary chapel question and answer show, saying that this was in the past, and it does not affect us today,as gentile christiansĀ or that it was a custom of the past , and now we are under grace and not under the law, so we can eat all the bacon we want, is this biblical ?

So are we under grace that we do not follow what God commanded us as it pertains to pork,?

is the saying that we as gentiles are not under the same customs to carry outĀ  per God ?

does it makeĀ  a differents of how we acknowledge this ,compared to the people of Israel?

I know the scripture verse do not let anyone judge you of what you eatĀ  etc, and that we are under a new covenant of grace, so please help me understand ,

why we do not have to follow this and if God states its a abomination, how do we get away with this rebellious act?

I am sincere about getting a valid and logical correct answer, that is proven by scripture ,that we do not have to follow this!

for God is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, is this another way that satan has deceived the gentiles?

I really appreciate your opinions and advise on this, thank you brothers and sisters.

Shalom, SINNERSAVED.

Actually, what you SHOULD have gotten out of that passage is NOT that "if we are believers and follow God ,we are not to eat swines flesh," but rather "if we are children of Israel and follow God's Law, we are not to eat swine's flesh." The eating of swine's flesh (pork, bacon, ham, etc.) is not a "salvation issue." It was a dietary law that God established to PROTECT His people from eating unclean meats, easily tainted with tapeworms and other diseases.

Now, if you want to admit that you, as a "Christian," areĀ an ADOPTED Jew, through the blood of Yeshua` who Himself was and is a Jew, then ... fine ... you can include yourself among those who are supposed to adhere to that dietary law.

It's probably a good idea to abide by that law simply for health reasons. Even when pork meat is cooked at the "proper temperature," tapeworm blastulas can still survive in the meat! One who ingests such meat will likely develop a tapeworm.

However, should a believer adhere to the fact that he or she is a Gentile, that is, one who is NOT a member of the children of Israel, then the Apostles left us this teaching:

Acts 15:13-29
13 And after they (Barnabas and Paul)Ā had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner;

The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
KJV

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 11/5/2015 at 6:10 PM, thereselittleflower said:

Ā 

Except little piggies are so cute and extremely intelligent. Ā  My daughter now refuses to east any pork of any kind and wants a little piglet for a pet.

Ā 

Maybe a pot belly pig.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I just think Romans 14, partially quoted here:

I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean. For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble. The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean. For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble. The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

One could carry that to the point of eating locusts and honey depending on hisĀ friends

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

other oneĀ Ā  - Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Locusts? ugh....other one I can't even stand the sight of bugs ,I can't imagine eating one....honey? FineĀ Ā Ā Ā  Locusts,nah

Gee whillickers,this thread just resurfaces every couple months for YEEEAAARS,huh?

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, BobRyan said:

Indeed you would "think" that a prohibition against eating diseased beef and eating rats - would not get so much opposition ... just because it is in Lev 11.

What is getting opposition isn't Leviticus 11.Ā Ā  It is your mishandling of that chapter that is being opposed.Ā  We simply think you're wrong in claiming that Gentile Christians are obligated to Leviticus 11.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Not at all.Ā Ā  See the answer in the BIBLE.Ā Ā  (look specifically for the words "justify", "justified",Ā  "justification" in every occurence -

from your posts,Ā  when / if YHWH allows you to see it not just as a parable, but as He means it for His disciples,Ā  it will be a great surprise (and WONDERFUL!)Ā  for you)

He Delights to do this: " Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"

WHEN He Does this.

We are justified by faith alone.Ā  We are not justified by keeping the dietary commandments.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The Bible reason given in the NT for why Romans 14 is not at all deleting scriptures telling us not to eat diseased beef or rats is as follows.

11 hours ago, BobRyan said:

Rom 14 (NKJV)

2Ā For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.

20Ā Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. 21Ā It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak. 22Ā Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23Ā But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

The "weak" eat vegetables only in Rom 14 - and not meat. And in the OT all Jews were eating meat as they were also in the NT. It was the formerly-pagan gentiles that were "weak" and "eating vegetables only". So the question is why since they too as pagans were accustomed to eating meat?

Ā 

Here is the answer in the debate between "meat vs vegetarian" (hint: Not rats vs beef)

1 Cor 8

4Ā Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5Ā For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6Ā yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

7Ā However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8Ā But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.

9Ā But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10Ā For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idolā€™s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11Ā And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12Ā But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Ā Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.

Newly converted Christians coming in from paganism still viewed the eating of meat offerred to idols as a part of worship to that idol. And they avoided it - to the point in Romans 14 - that they ate vegetables only - in some cases.

Ā 

1 Cor 10

27Ā If any of those who do not believe invites you to dinner, and you desire to go, eat whatever is set before you, asking no question for conscienceā€™ sake. 28Ā But if anyone says to you, ā€œThis was offered to idols,ā€ do not eat it for the sake of the one who told you, and for conscienceā€™ sake; for ā€œthe earth is the Lordā€™s, and all its fullness.ā€ 29Ā ā€œConscience,ā€ I say, not your own, but that of the other. For why is my liberty judged by another manā€™s conscience? 30Ā But if I partake with thanks, why am I evil spoken of for the food over which I give thanks? 31Ā Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32Ā Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God,

Ā 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

other oneĀ Ā  - Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Locusts? ugh....other one I can't even stand the sight of bugs ,I can't imagine eating one....honey? FineĀ Ā Ā Ā  Locusts,nah

Gee whillickers,this thread just resurfaces every couple months for YEEEAAARS,huh?

Whatever makes the kids happy!