• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

11 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

·         “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [ pertain ] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” (2Peter 1.3,4).

That is, to us to be Eternal’s sons, it is necessary take hold of the promises of the Sacred Scripture, especially considering that the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. (1Cor 4.20). Our faith should be stood for in the power of God (1Cor 2.5). After all, the just shall live by faith (Hab 2.4; Rom 1.17; Gal 3.11; Heb 10.38), coming out of the Babylonian System that lead this world (analyze Rev 18.4).

And the worst is that the people that say to believe in Jesus are conforming themselves to see not them fulfil in their lives. I ask: Jesus’ promises are something insignificant to be despised? If we believe that Jesus and His Word are the truth and that all that He promised is wonderful and indispensable to success of our mission here, we ought to strain in order that all that Jesus promised to be fulfilled in us.

Hi Leonardo Von,

Thank you for you insightful thoughts. Always good to discuss & meditate upon our Lord. I believe the Holy Spirit would open up this topic more & more as He brings us to maturity in Christ. Now your comment -`we ought to strain in order that all that Jesus promised to be fulfilled in us` reminds me of another scripture -

`Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind & reaching for ward to those things which are ahead, I press towards the goal of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus,...` (Phil. 3: 13 & 14)

The upward call, the on top calling......

What do you think that is?

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

The Body of Christ is His Church. Jesus Christs church is not a building or a particular religious group with some special name? 

The New Testament Church, of which Jesus Christ is the head is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive in Christ today. This present church is called the "ekklesia" of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.

The church, in its largest signification is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3:1-11; Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universal family of God. The church in this sense is "The Body of Christ," and it does not consist of saved and unsaved.

Christs Church is not a group of individuals associated together for social and benevolent purposes, as seems to be on every hand in most worldly church gatherings.

It is the body of people indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and through whom God works in the world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

5 hours ago, HAZARD said:

The Body of Christ is His Church. Jesus Christs church is not a building or a particular religious group with some special name? 

The New Testament Church, of which Jesus Christ is the head is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive in Christ today. This present church is called the "ekklesia" of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.

The church, in its largest signification is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3:1-11; Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universal family of God. The church in this sense is "The Body of Christ," and it does not consist of saved and unsaved.

Christs Church is not a group of individuals associated together for social and benevolent purposes, as seems to be on every hand in most worldly church gatherings.

It is the body of people indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and through whom God works in the world.

Hi HAZARD,

Some good points there bro. I agree.

BTW do you know of another `called out` group in God`s word?

Blessings, Marilyn.

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi HAZARD,

Some good points there bro. I agree.

BTW do you know of another `called out` group in God`s word?

Blessings, Marilyn.

No, only these. Paul identifies “the ecclesia of God” as “them who are sanctified in Christ Jesus.” The word sanctified means “set apart.” God’s ecclesia is a called-out people, set apart unto God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

The  Israelites were called out of Goshen (The first church) 

They dwelt in the land of Goshen, as a group or nation pf peoples, but I personally would not go so far as saying they were "The Body of Christ."

Genesis 47:27, And Israel dwelt in the land of Egypt, in the country of Goshen; and they had possessions therein, and grew, and multiplied exceedingly.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

12 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

They dwelt in the land of Goshen, as a group or nation pf peoples, but I personally would not go so far as saying they were "The Body of Christ."

Correct.  Indeed the majority of those Israelites perished in the wilderness because of their unbelief and rebellion. They were definitely NOT saved.

The Body of Christ could only become a reality after the Holy Spirit was poured out on the Day of Pentecost (50 days after the resurrection of Christ).  It is the Spirit that baptizes believers into the Body of Christ, and that Body is redeemed Jews and Gentiles without distinction.  And that Body is also the Bride as well as the Building of Christ. 

5 hours ago, HAZARD said:

No, only these. Paul identifies “the ecclesia of God” as “them who are sanctified in Christ Jesus.” The word sanctified means “set apart.” God’s ecclesia is a called-out people, set apart unto God.

Hi Hazard,

Yes, the Holy Spirit through Paul identifies the `ecclesia of God` as the Body of Christ. However, the Holy Spirit through Luke in Acts tells us the there is another group, `the ecclesia in the wilderness.` (Acts 7: 38)

Thus we see that there is  -

1. The ecclesia - the called out ones from Israel & the nations - the Body of Christ.

2. The ecclesia - the called out ones from the nations - Israel.

Two different `called out ones` (ecclesia) for two different rulership purposes.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/9/2016 at 9:16 PM, Marilyn C said:

`Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind & reaching for ward to those things which are ahead, I press towards the goal of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus,...` (Phil. 3: 13 & 14)

The upward call, the on top calling......

What do you think that is?

Hi Marilyn,

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

To think about this, came to my mind the verses below:

•    “He that feareth man, shall quickly fall: he that trusteth in the Lord, shall be set on high.” (Prov 29.25 - Douay-Rheims Bible).

Who fear the Lord will be set in a high tower, that is, in the Eternal:

•    “The God of my rock; in him will I trust: [ he is ] my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.” (II Samuel 22:3).

•    “ The LORD [ is ] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [ and ] my high tower.” (Psalms 18:2)

•    “My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and [ he ] in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.” (Psalms 144:2).

And what is the purpose of this?

•    “And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.” (Mark 1:17)

•    “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 5.14-16).

The sea represents the common people (Rev 17.15). The Eternal set us on high in order that they may see Him in us, receive His love (for the neighbor) and message and Spirit, and thus be saved out of this sea of sin.

Symbolically, we can see this in Revelation:

•    “And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:” (Rev 12.1).

This woman is Israel and we, as her descendants (Rev 12.17), have the same mission: glow the light of sun of righteousness (Mal 4.2) in order that the people that walk in darkness see the great light and on them who dwell in the land of the shadow of death shine the light (Isa 9.1,2; Matt 4.15,16).

For this we have that go out of our mediocrity, to give up once our inferior dreams to reach the high standards of the Eternal:

•    “The LORD God [ is ] my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' [ feet ], and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.” (Habakkuk 3.19).

If we want to live the abundant life Christ promised (John 10:10), We have to leave this world (which does not cease to be a great Babylon – Rev 18.4) and, then, stay with Christ in the heavenly places:

•    “Blessed [ be ] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [ places ] in Christ:” (Eph 1.3)

•    “And hath raised [ us ] up together, and made [ us ] sit together in heavenly [ places ] in Christ Jesus:” (Eph 2.6).

We can’t allow spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places (Eph 6.12) prevent us from seeing the value of prize of the upward call, namely, the privilege of having been fished up out of the race toward the same excess of riot (1Peter 4.4) and, now, to be able to fish other out of this.

May Jesus bless you today and always.

9 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

If we want to live the abundant life Christ promised (John 10:10), We have to leave this world (which does not cease to be a great Babylon – Rev 18.4) and, then, stay with Christ in the heavenly places:

•    “Blessed [ be ] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [ places ] in Christ:” (Eph 1.3)

•    “And hath raised [ us ] up together, and made [ us ] sit together in heavenly [ places ] in Christ Jesus:” (Eph 2.6).

We can’t allow spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places (Eph 6.12) prevent us from seeing the value of prize of the upward call, namely, the privilege of having been fished up out of the race toward the same excess of riot (1Peter 4.4) and, now, to be able to fish other out of this.

May Jesus bless you today and always.

Hi Leonardo Von,

Some good thoughts there bro. Great encouragement to read them. Now further I would be interested to know what you believe concerning the Body of Christ`s final destination - the on top calling.

regards, Marilyn.