IGNORED

DO WE UNDERSTAND THE COSTS, OF FOLLOWING JESUS ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

When I was a new believer ,many , many years ago, it never really came to me, ,when I accepted Jesus as my savior, what was the cost, and now I know as I am, learning day by day that ,the cost, is going to be a life changing and devastating cost, if we hold on , and follow Jesus, it will take us to make decisions that would be of incredible challenges ,and that it would effect me and everyone around me,

so many people today come to Jesus, and say or commit them selves to Him ,and all that was done on the cross, but I am still trying to understand ? how we accept the savior and all that he gives us, prior to really knowing the cost  , , so is it right to come to Jesus before we know the cost, or should we teach or learn of Jesus prior to knowing how to be saved, ?

I ask this question because, I see many in church when I was attending, that come to Jesus and be saved, and people would come up or say a repentive line and they say you are saved, so is this truly how it should be , or should we teach people prior to coming to Jesus, for many that say they want Jesus , then go into there normal lives and you see many sinning today, and it seems they are okay with that, so am I missing something, ?

how did paul and the old church bring believers to god, was it ,they would teach about it first, or learn after they accepted ? I believe it to be teaching them first, so they knew what they were getting into , I could use some advise on this, for we all see this,? thank you in advance for your responses,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

I suggest the parable of the sower and parable of the weeds. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

It has always been high.  The people in Jesus day went into hiding because if found out it was death.  It's getting there here slowly and in  other countries it's a fact.   It was never meant to be easy if it was everyone would  be doing it.  I think however we need to be reminded once in a while.  Jesus gave His All so we could have it all through Him.  He paid the ultimate price, someday  we may have to do the same.  Good post.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Cost me a lifetime of hang overs....     big deal......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

The cost of not following Him is much higher

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Oh really.   Tell me what it is that is/was worthwhile that it has cost to follow Jesus where we are.    In some parts of the world I might agree, but not here.......   yet any way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

52 minutes ago, Logan said:

The cost of not following Him is much higher

Amen, Logan.

• Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Luke 14:25–35 (AV)

25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?

32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.

33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?

35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The first thing that comes to mind is the letter kills but the Spirit of the Lors brings life.

I mean being overly legalistic. 

A relationship with the Lord is a heart issue. He is the one who is the healer of heart and binds up all thier wounds.

In my church as you develop your relationship with the Lord a more mature Christian is there to help you see your life meaning thoughts actions and decisions after the God sees it. I can tell you personally after 1 month of walking with the Lord I realized the cost. But by that time I wanted Him more than anything else and still do.

• Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

3 minutes ago, JaiDW said:

The first thing that comes to mind is the letter kills but the Spirit of the Lors brings life.

I mean being overly legalistic. 

A relationship with the Lord is a heart issue. He is the one who is the healer of heart and binds up all thier wounds.

In my church as you develop your relationship with the Lord a more mature Christian is there to help you see your life meaning thoughts actions and decisions after the God sees it. I can tell you personally after 1 month of walking with the Lord I realized the cost. But by that time I wanted Him more than anything else and still do.

Agreed. We must also seek the assurance and testimony of the Spirit and the scriptures however. Our gullible minds and weak flesh can conjure up many false hopes and suppositions (look at the world around us) prompting the need for Matthew 7:21-23 to even be penned.