IGNORED

what do we really know about Satan, Who is he ?

SINNERSAVED

Guest Thallasa
On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 5:10 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

"For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12). Satan is the principality behind the powers of this corrupt world system. (everywhere, not just part of the world)

Satan is not called the kakos (êáêïò) 

one but the poneros (ðïíåñïò) one. This present age is described by Paul as poneros (ðïíåñïò). The 

English word which best translate this Greek word is pernicious. 

Webster says, “That is pernicious which works mischief or destruction.” This present age therefore is not 

content to perish in its own corruption, but seeks to drag all men with it down to its own inevitable 

destruction. 

This last part is most relevant now, as we have 'world culture ' and trade like never before .  

They wish us all to join them , in their place below   .Persuading the young of the world is their main goal now . 

Guest Thallasa
On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 8:22 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings S "Saved"

Many Christians would prefer to just stay away from the subject and I do not think they truly understand the reality of the realm that exists all around us,,,oh it is real and almost everything is about spiritual warfare,,,,,,,,,if they do not wish to understand the enemy then I  cannot really see how they can truly be "Free" in Christ,,,,,,,to be free of what or whom ?Do they even truly understand what bondage & strongholds are? Perhaps they do,perhaps they don't but it certainly is a topic that is discussed & addressed time & time again through out Gods Word,,,,,,,How about the Christian that loves Jesus with a  passion & yet they are totally dependent on anti-depressants?  The world has much influence on people,world wide deception,,,,,,,yes,even the Christian is bound ,,,,,,,,,principalities,rulers of darkness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does satan & his demons have any real powers,,,,,,the greatest power they have is to deceive & their  greatest accomplishment is to not be recognized

I do think that unless one has had some experience or encounter with the dark side before they came to Jesus,they cannot possibly grasp the reality,,,,,,,,,,,I am sure anyone can receive all the Wisdom & Understanding they will ever need by Divine Revelation from the Holy Spirit but not everyone receives everything God truly has for them because they are not "open" to receive,,,,,,,,,,I know some Christians that have lead Spirit filled lives for 40 & 50 yrs or so but have a more or less "I leave the devil alone & he leaves me alone" attitude...........maybe not everyone is CAlled to be a Warrior,I'm not sure ,,,,,,,but it is a topic worth discussing,,,,,,,,

It is the little things that can make such a big difference in a persons life,,,,,the enemy comes to kill steal & destroy,,,,,,he will kill joy,steal hope & destroy ones faith if your not careful ,,,,,the enemy is insidious so the more a person can know about arming themselves and standing firmly on their Position of Victory in Christ the more freedom they acquire living lives more abundant,,,,,,We see Christians walking around with scowls on their faces(no joy),,,,,,worried about this or that(lack of trust in God),,,,,,,,,frightened to death when they get bad news  with no  great expectations , griping about what little they have or don't have,,,,,,,yes,it is all the enemy & the war you can't see that goes on inside your mind as those thoughts come creeping in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are the children of God Most High,sons & daughters that belong to the Lord,His Property(bought & paid for in full!),,,,,,,,our daily struggles are brought on by a defeated enemy,once we learn to recognize the enemy the battle is over,,,,,take captive those thoughts & replace them with Gods Word,,,,,,,,,,the Sword of the Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is no reason to fear the enemy when you are covered by the Precious Blood of Jesus & you know how to wear Gods Full Armor and that we are ALWAYS Victorious in Christ,,,,,

To God be the Glory                                          With Love-in Christ,Kwik

Yes KW it is only when we have Christ within us and with daily prayer that we can be sure to withstand the onslaughts .

But not to think of the Satan himself ,as this is not useful ,just remember that we have little to concern us when we are of God ,of Jesus .

So being vigilant ,but not fearful : vigilance is awareness ,but fear weakens us ,and makes us prey to attacks through our minds ,so keeping our minds healthy by 'hearing God's word and practising charity in small ways towards ourselves as well as others . Enjoying the gifts which God has given us without being greedy and ungrateful .Thankfulness for small things which are good . In other words how we live daily will help or not to dispel the evil ones hold over us . There is a difference between being fair and being dupe to those who wish to blackmail us into their ways .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I think it is important that we understand who Satan is, because he is the enemy. So many Christians do not understand the enemy, and understanding him can be the key to avoiding the traps that he sets us.

First and foremost, he is a deceiver. He comes not as a monster or as a bogeyman (like the little red devil with horns as many people view him), but as a charmer and a seducer. Like the best of liars he does not always lie but mixes lies with the truth. He can fool even the righteous if they do not understand his ways. Only rarely does his mask drop and when it does you will see the monstrous side of him.

At first, he will always say something 'nice' in order to fool us that he is good, but if you take the time to scratch beneath the surface you'll discover his true intent. So many people have been fooled by him because they were too lazy or too naive to 'test the spirits' as the Bible tells us to. If you listen to what he has to say then test it with scripture you'll find that there is always a contradiction there. For thousands of years he has been fooling many with his words and his ideas.

I'll give you an example - 'Communism'.

When you are young and you are first told what communism is, it may sound like a good idea, in fact it sounds as if it may be something that Christians should endorse, after all, who does not want to eradicate poverty and share what they have with others?

But if you scratch beneath the surface, Communism is not about sharing, it is about stealing from those who are productive and giving to those who aren't. It is also Atheistic and is a means of turning people away from God and making them worship the state instead.

Of course, you don't need me to lecture you about Communism. I could go on and on about it.... but you get the idea.

Because we are in the End Times, Satan is working overtime at the moment and the World is filled with lies,temptations and distractions. If you ever hear of a political cause, idea, or movement that sounds as if it may be a good thing, then test it. Consult scripture and test it before accepting it! What's more, trace it back to its origins if you can... if there is any hint of anti-Semitism there then you can be assured that it came from Satan.

Not only scripture but the Holy Spirit inside of you should act as a guide and protect you from the deception that Lucifer has in store for us.

Satan is a liar and his intention is to turn you away from God, and he will even be as subtle as he possibly can in order to make this happen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 26/12/2015 at 6:46 PM, thereselittleflower said:

It saddens me to hear that you read a lot of books but won't read books by C.S. Lewis.    Screwtape Letters really exposes satan's tricks and devices.   

I agree with you that C.S. Lewis is worth reading.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 10:29 PM, MorningGlory said:

The only thing I really know about satan is what the Bible tells us; he is a created, fallen being who is the enemy of my soul....and yours.  I don't really need to know anything more about him except how to avoid him. 

That is exactly right... we are to give no place to him
Eph 4:27
27 Neither give place to the devil.

why because it's disobedience for one thing
Php 4:8-9
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are
lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there
be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned,
and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you

We are vessels and God has given us the ability to choose what we put into us
and we don't want to be filled with the wrong things but the right
Ro 9:22-24
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured
with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he
might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had
afore prepared unto glory, 24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only,
but also of the Gentiles?

KJV
Love, Steven

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On January 11, 2016 at 1:42 AM, unworthydude said:

After putting down the books, I truly sought God for an answer. In the struggle to understand, God led me to ask to ask the question, "Would Adam and Eve have sinned if Satan was not in the Garden?" I came to the conclusion, "no", they would not have sinned. It was Satan who initially tempted Eve (2 Cor 11:3).  The progenitor of sin who propagates evil throughout humanity is the one who ensures that every human born is also deceived as Adam and Eve were.  What really happened in the garden? This led me to see from scripture a bigger picture.

I started to collect verses and I made the discovery that changed everything for me.  I got it. I understood what God was showing me.  What happened in the garden is that when Adam and Eve obeyed Satan rather than God, Satan was given authority over mankind.  In other words, Satan gained a kingdom.  The kingdom of man became the kingdom of Satan.  When we obeyed Satan he became our master.

Joh_8:34  Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin.

Look how Satan was given the kingdoms of the earth...

Luk 4:5-6  The devil also took him to a high place and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in an instant.  (6)  He told Jesus, "I will give you all this authority, along with their glory, because it has been given to me, and I give it to anyone I please.

Man fell into Satan's Kingdom. Continue to look at these verses below...

1Jn 5:19  We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Joh 14:30  I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,

2Co 4:4  In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

On December 26, 2015 at 10:10 AM, SINNERSAVED said:

Satan is not called the kakos (êáêïò) 

one but the poneros (ðïíåñïò) one. This present age is described by Paul as poneros (ðïíåñïò). The 

English word which best translate this Greek word is pernicious. 

Webster says, “That is pernicious which works mischief or destruction.” This present age therefore is not 

content to perish in its own corruption, but seeks to drag all men with it down to its own inevitable 

destruction. 

Simple, and straight from Scripture.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Romans 16:17-20a  Now i urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.  For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.  For your obedience has become known to all.  therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple (innocent) concerning evil.  And the God of peace will crush satan under your feet shortly.  

I prefer to let God worry about satan and just stay as far from him and his works as possible.  It is enough to know the Bible,  that satan deceives and lies, and that he no longer has the power of death since Jesus took that away from him when He arose from the dead; so while he prowls around seeking whom he can destroy, he is declawed and toothless but has a big roar and a deceiving purr.    

7 minutes ago, Willa said:

he no longer has the power of death since Jesus took that away from him when He arose from the dead; so while he prowls around seeking whom he can destroy,

he is currently destroying billions of lives , families, and souls.

who do you think caused the holocaust, and hundreds of million deaths perhaps/ by execution**, all over the world , in the last 200 years ? 

and 1/3 or mankind in the next few years, perhaps, ((whether 1 year, of 200 more years permitted by Yahweh)).

who is behind all the cults in the world. ? ((satan))

** including starvation, famine, pestilence etc etc ; but mostly by war/violence for this point.

27 minutes ago, Willa said:

Romans 16:17-20a  Now i urge you, brethren,... For your obedience has become known to all.  therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple (innocent) concerning evil. .

Peace, Joy, and Righteousness all are granted without measure, freely in Christ Jesus 

to ALL brethren TODAY, just as in Romans 16 "brethren"

Already, TODAY - Already back then .  Not sometime in the future  to wait for.

As Jesus said "in the world you will have MUCH PERSECUTION**" ((IF you stand for Truth, Testify OPENLY about Jesus))

..........................."Be of GOOD CHEER! - I ((Jesus)) Have OVERCOME the world "

**PERSECUTION:((for faithful believers TODAY)):

painful suffering, death, torture, beatings, imprisonment, humiliating treatment by family and coutnrymen

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

43 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

he is currently destroying billions of lives , families, and souls.

who do you think caused the holocaust, and hundreds of million deaths perhaps/ by execution**, all over the world , in the last 200 years ? 

and 1/3 or mankind in the next few years, perhaps, ((whether 1 year, of 200 more years permitted by Yahweh)).

who is behind all the cults in the world. ? ((satan))

** including starvation, famine, pestilence etc etc ; but mostly by war/violence for this point.

This is why we need to spread the Gospel--people still need to be freed from the power of sin and death.  God is not willing that any should perish.  The battle is the Lord's.  We need to be in prayer while we share, asking God to take away blindness and open ears that they may hear and be saved.