IGNORED

what do we really know about Satan, Who is he ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I've always considered C.S. Lewis a little light on the subject.  Didn't get too much out of him.  Jesse Penn Lewis transcribed a book for Evans Roberts called War on the Saints.  That one is a gold mine in my opinion. The unabridged edition is the only one worth reading though.

This verse should be true of every believer, but I'm not sure it is:

so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs. - 2 Corinthians 2:11

You have to have some knowledge of Satan to not be outwitted by him.

blessings,

Travis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, Refined said:

I've always considered C.S. Lewis a little light on the subject.  Didn't get too much out of him.  Jesse Penn Lewis transcribed a book for Evans Roberts called War on the Saints.  That one is a gold mine in my opinion. The unabridged edition is the only one worth reading though.

This verse should be true of every believer, but I'm not sure it is:

so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs. - 2 Corinthians 2:11

You have to have some knowledge of Satan to not be outwitted by him.

blessings,

Travis

Considering where I have been, I can testify to that as being very true....    but I can also tell you that it is very very easy to go too far with getting knowledge......   you can get way to involved very easily.  At some point, the more you learn about them, the more they get involved with your life....

If you are not a very dedicated, born again Christian, leave Satan and his ways alone.....   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

2 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

What you stated was so unclear that I had to go with what you appeared to be saying.

I disagree. :)

The devil’s power still remains; it just is effective in the life of those who have believed in the truth of the Gospel. For I know you are aware and would admit that the fear of death is still bondage to millions alive today simply because they haven’t believed in the Lord Jesus Christ who can set them free? Wouldn’t you?

No, he doesn’t have a concussion. That might sound good and even funny if a preacher said it from the pulpit. But it is an inaccurate statement and has no place in the beliefs of a Christian.

Genesis 3:15 - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

It may be fanciful imagery to imagine Jesus stomping on the head of Lucifer, bruising His own heel while delivering a concussion to the adversary’s head. But that is not what took place.

The heel represents the lowest part of the body; of which we are for Christ. For He, as scripture says “was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

The bible does not say  "was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death"

The bible says:

• Heb 2  6But one has testified somewhere, saying, "WHAT IS MAN, THAT YOU REMEMBER HIM? OR THE SON OF MAN, THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM?7"YOU HAVE MADE HIM FOR A LITTLE WHILE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS; YOU HAVE CROWNED HIM WITH GLORY AND HONOR, AND HAVE APPOINTED HIM OVER THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS; 8YOU HAVE PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET." For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him

There is no  "for the suffering of death"   -  adding these words to a direct quote of scripture is adding to scripture.

For see Lucifer was able to exalt himself over some of the angels when they accepted his idiot-ology and rebelled against God. They believed his lie and cast off their love for God and His truth and became accursed.

God's Judgment on the Ungodly
8Yet in the same way these men, also by dreaming, defile the flesh, and reject authority, and revile angelic majesties. 9But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" 10But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasoning animals, by these things they are destroyed

Even the angels dare not malign and revile satan and the fallen angels.     

But what does the “head” represent? What says the scriptures?

I Corinthians11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The “head” here represents the power and authority under which the body lies; and in the reference to Lucifer “head” having been bruised, it represents that “power and authority” he had taken unto himself through the lies by which he had exalted himself above the other angels. Those lies were proven to be false by God Himself when He was manifested in the flesh and humbly became subject to His own godly precepts. Having willfully laid down His life for the sins of those who had been taken captive by the devil’s lies, He triumphed over him and bruised his false “power and authority.”

Hebrews 2:14 - Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

For clarity's sake,  the bible does not say the head of the serpent would be simply bruised.  

Some translations actually use a stronger word to convey the stronger sense of the Greek word used here, and say the head of the serpent would be CRUSHED not merely "bruised."

The word translated "bruise" and "crush" is from the root word:

• שׁוּף shuwph

which means

• שׁוּף shûwph, shoof; a primitive root; properly, to gape, i.e. snap at; figuratively, to overwhelm:—break, bruise, cover.
  • Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
    1. to bruise, crush, gape upon, desire?, seize?, strike out?

1. (Qal) to fall upon, bruise

Obviously, the damage done by the serpent cannot be equal to the damage done by Christ to the serpent and so the words concerning what would happen to the serpent would carry the heavier meaning and import of the word שׁוּףthan the simple bruising that would happen to Christ's heal.

It was said above:

It may be fanciful imagery to imagine Jesus stomping on the head of Lucifer, bruising His own heel while delivering a concussion to the adversary’s head. But that is not what took place.

Obviously this is not true.   Satan's head did get stomped on, and while I would not say he had a concussion, that is not too far off the mark.  His head was, and is being, crushed.  I

Obviously this is an image of a head being stomped on.  And it was stomped on by Christ and continues to be stomped on by the Church.

And obviously the imagery of a heal being bruised is not the same as a head being stomped on.

Satan bruised Jesus' heel.

The head of the serpent was crushed and is being crushed still

This crushing satan under the foot is carried forward by Paul in Romans:

• Romans 16:20
    The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

"crush" being the translation of the Greek word:

• συντρίβω syntríbō, soon-tree'-bo; from G4862 and the base of G5147; to crush completely, i.e. to shatter (literally or figuratively):—break (in pieces), broken to shivers (+ -hearted), bruise.

• Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
    1. break, to break in pieces, shiver

2. to tread down

1. to put Satan under foot and (as a conqueror) trample on him

2. to break down, crush

1. to tear one's body and shatter one's strength

Therefore, the devil doesn’t have a concussion, but he is very angry because God was justified and he was condemned, proven to be a liar and usurper of authority. Therefore, he was cast out and has now come down having great wrath against the whole of humanity, simply because they, as His intended body, were created in His image with the intent that they should be his glory,

I Corinthians 11:7 - For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God…

Revelation 12:12 - Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

Now, while you may not agree with what I have presented here, I hope it was at least clear.

I'm so sorry you aren't able to understand Willa's imagery very well.

but your teaching above is error mixed with truth.   Error mixed with truth is not truth.  It is still error.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

33 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

I guess Jesus gave us teachers for nothing huh?

• Eph 4 11And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ

Let's just throw all those helps away that God has provided because all we need are the scriptures . . . .  wow.

What a poor attempt at reason with the error within ones own self... all these listed:
apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers
use only one source The Scripture and until you understand this you will not have the solid foundation God has given
for His Children to know Him by.... you see God 'IS' the only perfect truth in all of creation and He has done this through 
HIS >note< HIS Word thus

2 Ti 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

clearly in the hermeneutic God Himself list the only way a man can be perfect in his works- 'All Scripture' sola scriptura  :thumbsup: 

12 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

What a poor attempt at reason with the error within ones own self... all these listed:
apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers
use only one source The Scripture and until you understand this you will not have the solid foundation God has given
for His Children to know Him by.... you see God 'IS' the only perfect truth in all of creation and He has done this through 
HIS >note< HIS Word thus

2 Ti 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

clearly in the hermeneutic God Himself list the only way a man can be perfect in his works- 'All Scripture' sola scriptura  :thumbsup: 

enoob, I'm sorry but you're really way out in left field there - Trying to discourage someone from reading one of the best, well written books on the subject they have a question on, by using my suggestion to attack me?   

This is christian how exactly?  

You're creating strawman arguments and arguing against something that was never argued.

All I can say is really?   Just really?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, thereselittleflower said:

enoob, I'm sorry but you're really way out in left field there - trying to discourage someone from reading one of the best, well written books on the subject they have a question on by using my suggestion to attack me is christian how exactly?  

You're creating strawman arguments and arguing against something that was never argued.

All I can say is really?   Just really?

your denial of sola scriptura is a doctrinal issue of vast importance to testifying to others ... your heretical belief of oral popery, apocrypha,
prophecy of todays tongues, etc. is far from straw man and as long as you are present here I will continue to point out your error of
hermeneutics and Biblical understanding...  Love, Steven  

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

your denial of sola scriptura is a doctrinal issue of vast importance to testifying to others ... your heretical belief of oral popery, apocrypha,
prophecy of todays tongues, etc. is far from straw man and as long as you are present here I will continue to point out your error of
hermeneutics and Biblical understanding...  Love, Steven  

I hope you don't keep trying to derail this thread onto your pet vendetta.

Do I need to teach you a lesson and come take LAST away from you again?   :rofl:

Just now, Davida said:

You don't know what Sola Scriptura means , huh?---wow.

It might be a good idea to follow the thread a bit better. ;)

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, thereselittleflower said:

I hope you don't keep trying to derail this thread onto your pet vendetta.

Do I need to teach you a lesson and come take LAST away from you again?   :rofl:

don't do it on this thread or George might get upset and take it for himself permanently.

Just now, other one said:

don't do it on this thread or George might get upset and take it for himself permanently.

ooooooo ......