• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,793
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, completedbeliever1 said:

Thank you for your reply.

I have replied to this in another post (I think) in this thread.

My question is: do you think that evolution is a lie because God exists and cannot possibly have used such a wasteful and amoral process, which also contradicts Scripture (I agree that evolution is incompatible with Christianity), or because evolution cannot possibly have taken place on earth?

IOW: do yoy think it is a lie because of your belief in God, or for reasons that are independent from your faith? In case of the latter, what are your objections?

it is possible that the answer is contained in one of your previous posts and I cannot see it on account of my poor English.

:) sieglinde :)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

"the sun is blue and black striped." 

"evolution happened"

a lie is a lie.  both are lies.

see the truth:

........... the sun is yellow.

........... evolution did not happen.

the truth is truth, both are true.

a little child can comprehend this.

one of the catches/ problems of mankind: perhaps, and certainly, many are hurt badly and lied to by parents, custodians, pastors, teachers, politicians, doctors, evangelists, news reporters,  etc etc etc 

this can produce "survival instincts" or behaviours necessary to SURVIVE.

those can be healed, even if never revealed, but it can take decades.

more common,  just wanting to fit in, wanting to be accepted by family , friends, whoever, 'a support system' relied on daily to SURVIVE 

happens all the time, everywhere, all over the world, and in a lot of false church or religion ((including the biggest)).

in any case, 

whatever comprehensive spiritual, mental and physical injuries a person has received, no matter how horrible, 

the only answer is found in Scripture.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/25/1978

14 hours ago, Bonky said:

I didn't think intelligent design nullified evolution or even common descent.  From what I've been reading it's the suggestion that life cannot arise w/o an outside intelligent agent.  

Well the "theory of evolution" as founded by Darwin excludes God/intelligent designer.  It claims all life randomly occurred "in the beginning" by "natural processes (natural selection, genetic mutations) all of which have now been proven to be mathematically impossible.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

8 hours ago, arphax said:

Well the "theory of evolution" as founded by Darwin excludes God/intelligent designer.  It claims all life randomly occurred "in the beginning" by "natural processes (natural selection, genetic mutations) all of which have now been proven to be mathematically impossible.

Fine but we can't deny that there are people like Francis Collins running around that are Theists and yet embrace evolution every bit as much as Richard Dawkins.  

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, arphax said:

The problem with mathematical impossibilities is that we witness them happening daily.

Rain drops for example are mathematically impossible yet I see them on a very regular basis.  

Nothing can ever really be proven to be impossible via mathematics, that is just not the right tool for such an outcome.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/15/1975

23 hours ago, siegi91 said:

My question is: do you think that evolution is a lie because God exists and cannot possibly have used such a wasteful and amoral process, which also contradicts Scripture (I agree that evolution is incompatible with Christianity), or because evolution cannot possibly have taken place on earth?

IOW: do yoy think it is a lie because of your belief in God, or for reasons that are independent from your faith? In case of the latter, what are your objections?

it is possible that the answer is contained in one of your previous posts and I cannot see it on account of my poor English.

:) sieglinde :)

I KNOW that evolution is a lie due to several things...

First, we (as believers) have the problem with sin.

"Evolution and the Bible most seriously conflict...(their respective views of death, which are central to each viewpoint). If evolution (or even just the concept of an old earth, with death and fossils predating man's sin) is correct, then death is natural, death is normal, death produced man.

Most importantly, in this view, death is not the penalty for sin, for it preceded man and his sin. But if death is not the penalty for sin, then the death of Jesus Christ did not pay that penalty, nor did His resurrection from the dead provide eternal life.While belief in creation and the young earth may not be essential for salvation (many Christians wrongly believe and do many things the Bible teaches against), if evolution is right, if the earth is old, if fossils date from before man's sin, then Christianity is wrong!

These ideas destroy the foundation for the Gospel and negate the work of Christ on the cross. Evolution and salvation are mutually exclusive concepts.Many times evolutionists understand this issue better than Christians. In his article, "The Meaning of Evolution," atheist G. Richard Bozarth claims that "Christianity has fought, still fights and will fight science to the desperate end over evolution, for evolution destroys utterly and finally the very reason Jesus' earthly life was supposedly made necessary. Destroy Adam and Eve and the original sin, and in the rubble you will find the sorry remains of the son of God. Take away the meaning of his death. If Jesus was not the redeemer who died for our sins, and this is what evolution means, then Christianity is nothing" (American Atheist, September 20, 1979, p. 30).

Thus the issues of death and time reveal the utter incompatibility of evolution, in any form, with Christianity.But the story doesn't end there. The Bible reveals not only the origin of death, but how this issue will one day be resolved.There will come a time when this world, so marred by the effects of sin and death, including fossils and graveyards "shall melt with fervent heat, the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up.... Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (II Peter 3:10,13)."

Evolution and the Wages of Sin
by John D. Morris, Ph.D.

For us, the problem is death before sin.  

Secondly, we see that Almighty set patterns, symbols, types, shadows, and cycles to show us how things work in the universe.

And last, it is not I who has a problem with evolution.  Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want, so long as they keep their theory to themselves and do not teach my children.  

I have often wondered why the government has so much say over what my child is going to learn.  Mother and I are the parents, who raised and nurtured.  We are very well equipped to teach our children right from wrong, and 1 + 1 = 2.  

I also know quite a lot about science, and other subjects.  A child is confused when introduced to an opposing belief system. That is why truth of YAH and the origins of man need to begin at home.   

Science is not at odds with the bible.  People just need to understand the types, symbols, patterns, cycles, and shadows.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/15/1975

On 2/2/2016 at 1:24 PM, simplejeff said:

Yes, it is a lie.  No*, it won't be stopped.  As it is written,, the wicked continue to get more wicked, while the righteous ((by faith in Messiah Yeshua, Yahweh's DOing)) continue to get more righteous.

*Except in those seeking Truth. Those who seek Yahweh find Him, that is His Promise of His WORD.

Then we need to take our children out of secular schools, and homeschool them.  

It is the only way to keep them away from this error.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

On 2/3/2016 at 9:28 AM, arphax said:

Hello all.  Very interesting topic, for sure.  Now within the scientific community, much evidence is surfacing pointing to the reality of "intelligent design" and not evolution.  Particularly "gene coding"

That is interesting indeed, as this world is not moving away from the concept of God at all, but will very soon be worshiping the beast as though he were God.  he will be able to perform signs to even deceive the elect.  I think the whole atheism deal is just a mere distraction until he's ready to get going.  What a terrible time it will be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Going by the title of the thread, it's about science and the Bible. The only place science is mentioned in the Bible is in Timothy, where it is referred to as "science falsely so called."

So there is real science, and false science.

The Bible loves true science, which is founded on faith and not on suspicion, doubt and criticism. 

But God has made the world to be experienced by enjoying what it offers. He has also designed the mysteries of the universe to be discovered by experience, and gratitude for His love.

Truth is hidden for the cynical. The universe remains a closed book to those who want to question its existence and purpose, which is what false science does. Note they are "Always searching for the truth, but never finding it."

The whole truth of the universe can be discovered and comprehended by faith. It is a message from God which says, "Enjoy."

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Kan, scientific inquiry runs on suspicion, doubt and criticism.  The one major appeal that scientific inquiry has over religion [my opinion] is that in science the goal is to discredit or falsify that which you believe to be true.  In religion, the goal is keep affirming.  So your definition of science makes complete sense considering that you are a theist.  I just don't want to confuse your use of that word with how we use it elsewhere in secular society.

Edited by Bonky