• Days Won:  0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

When I begin to feel like this, I go for walks in the woods and start talking to God.  With just God, His creation and me, I could talk about anything I wanted.  I confessed my heart to Him, telling Him everything that I was facing.  He used my confession to change me on the inside so my faith would grow, increasing the strength of our relationship.  As He works, our eyes focus on what He is doing, taking them off the negative aspects we face which releases the depression and anxiety.  If there is a place where you can get away to, someplace where you mind does not feel cooped up in four walls, you may find a blessing in this time of alone time as I did.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

OneLight

yes i used to do this until i developed problems with both of my feet due to too much walking i think. i used to walk to drain away the anxiety levels. i am not big on talking and it just fills my head with noise and i would prefer just to be peaceful as otherwise my anxiety levels start to climb. since i was saved in 2010 i have not been able to read anything other than the bible. on occasion i have read other books. gosh i wish i could focus on what He is doing.."lean not on your understanding" i have had this scripture back in Sept 2010. but i don't know how to be any different.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

Willa gosh. Believe is such a loaded word for me. I believed in Father Christmas and fairies once…yes I do have a bible many in fact.

This seems all academic to me I just can’t get beyond this and into believing and trusting. Living in a fallen world and being a sinner has weighed me down and I just can’t break through a wet paper bag let alone biblical truths.

The best that I have been able to do is to STOP watching the TV and listening to the media…

Well the LORD is supposed to have patience and then I came into the world!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

Marilyn did you mend to say God is faithful?

Hi angels4u,

Thank you for that, however I did mean `care full,` as in full of care. I can see that `careful` could bring over a different meaning. And yes, `faithful` is He, as we so well know.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi angels4u,

Thank you for that, however I did mean `care full,` as in full of care. I can see that `careful` could bring over a different meaning. And yes, `faithful` is He, as we so well know.

Marilyn.

:) Thanks for the explanation! God is good!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, existential mabel said:

Hello Marilyn   and yes that is helpful,” Praying, talking to God helps US to hear out own hearts.” My head is so congealed with so much negative stuff. Each day I for the most part fake the positive. But I haven’t managed to get to the bit where you make it.

Mostly it is emotional turmoil/numbness and it doesn’t have a language of words. That’s the flip side of the coin of finding prayer so difficult. How many times can I say “LORD I am depressed/anxious.” Does screaming into a pillow count as talking to God?!

My parents were always too busy or too tired to ever listen to me. And so I grew up with no emotional support and I had to be everything to myself. And that is the biggest difficulty in letting that go.

Hi Mabel,

Being human we can all identify with you to some degree. Having emotional pain is often harder than physical pain I believe. I also think that your heart, emotions are like a great wound within you & need healing. Be more gentle on yourself & give the healing time. Don`t try & pick away at the `sore,` or `rub` it, if you know what I mean - always looking at it, thinking about it, etc. We all have to take control of our minds & it is good you have addressed the TV issue. Having a regular routine helps as it breaks up the day into bite size chunks & helps us not to indulge in too many melt downs.

You also may need to see a doctor for medication for depression, as that helps our emotions to become stable. I have friends who are on such medication & are being helped.

We are all praying for you. Speak to your self kindly & speak to God as your doctor. He is overseeing your healing, so be patient & work with Him.

Marilyn. 

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

prayers are request believed in faith and lifted up knowing God hears them. People pray in different ways. But God knows the heart of those who love him. He know when we try to reach him . He is always there. He understands everything. Even if we simply just talk to him in our minds. He hears us. Just talk to God and you will find he is truly the one and only God. Who has no beginning and no ending. You were born for a reason. Seek him and he will show you. In his time. Not ours. So see even if you think your just talking to thin air your not. You think why do i pray he knows everything already...Well , God gives us choice. He does know all but he wants you to come freely to him to love him like he loves you. God is REAL and he is preparing a place for those who love him. Those who love christ are not immune to the wickness of this world. The evil tries hard to break us down. Dont let evil win over your life. Because we only live this life once. And after its over and we die. There are only 2 places to go. And I choose Heaven . any of your who may read this. Choose wisely in this world. Eternity is a very long time . Ask Jesus into your hearts now dont wait. Jesus paid the price for us all on Calvary.  Paid for sins. We are forgiven just trust his Love for you. He loves you very much. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 2/12/2016 at 10:15 AM, existential mabel said:

i am not sure if i can post here as yet but i do have a question regarding prayer. i find it so hard to pray. and just cant get beyond the thought that i am talking to myself and anyway God knows all about me so why do i need to tell him? and the thing i need prayer for and have asked other people to pray for me is the anxiety and depression. the locusts have just about eaten their fill of my life. if God cant help with this then at least i can move away and carry on as i am i guess. thanks

James 5:16

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Prayer is so hard, because true prayer is powerful.  The enemy isn't going to let you off that easy.

Blessings,

Travis

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/12/2016 at 4:07 PM, Reinitin said:

I'll pray for the anxiety and depression first. It is not really yours it belongs to this world. Father, thank you for our advocate our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus thank you for making intercession on our behalf. Lord your word instructions us to come to you with clean hands and pure heart and make intercession on behalf of all people so I'm following your instruction Lord to ask for this person your peace that is greater then the circumstances troubling their mind. Thank you Lord for taking the burden of the matters that cause the anxiety and worry and giving this person a light in the darkness to see you truely are Lord and you truly do care for us. I have to run some errands. I'll come back and see if I have some insight on why we pray when I get back home. 

HI Mable,  I believe what you need to do is stop confessing all this negativity in your life.  The Bible says power of life and death is in the tongue.  What we speak can be very powerful in our lives.  If you continue to speak death into your life that is what your going to get, if you speak life and the Word of God you will become positive and your thought life healthy.  We don't battle things we can see but rather unseen forces and powers of the air, meaning demons that want to attack our lives, especial prayer life. Satan does not just want to disable us, he wants to take us down and kill is.  Don't let him do that in your life.  Speak the words of the Bible, pray with all honesty and believe with out doubt God can do anything.  Ask God to forgive you of your sin, then ask Jesus into your heart.  He loves you Mable and will accept you just as you are, but he refuses to leave you there.  Trust Him and He will direct your path.